What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

trying not to go nuts with Tux in the shop for his rear shock bushings and front control arms (yeah, 2nd guy says besides the bushings the rear is tight but front needs control arms and balljoints..lovely)

just got LBD a new fuel pump...but I think something is wrong...seems like take off isn't as powerful and she wants to bog down sometimes. I had to stop on an incline today and she wouldn't take off when the light changed I just about lost it!!! Finally she hit it....when I get Tux out tomorrow, I will have to have her looked at too - same shop...I wish I had a gear head closer so I could do these things myself....with someone who knows about a Mark....

installed a cold air intake kit i got from a member at LOD and test drove it sounds nice and if not raining tomorrow i will swap in the driver seat base.

Washed the '96 yesterday. Planning on driving my Explorer all next week while I take the door panels off the '96 and fix the non-working keypad on the dirver's door and a rattle in the passenger side door. Also need to glue the vinyl back down on the door panels where it is coming loose at the window edge. I might even take my headlights out and try to do some re-chroming next week. It sure is nice to have an extra vehicle. It's a luxury I haven't had for a long time. But since my wife now has her '97 LSC, I can finally drive the Explorer while I do some much needed work to my overworked and under maintained '96 model.

Nothing major, just blacked out the rear trim. Ran outta tape to finish the rest of the car so Ill be heading to the parts store later tonight.

DSC00234.jpg

DSC00233.jpg

oh man i ran with some kid that had a t bird he had exhaust lower cobra wheels i started passing some body nice and slow and i look back and he was on my back bumper for the second time so i was force to show him who was the boss i felt bad, but oh well wind up second gear really hard 6500 and it didnt hit the limiter so i shift into third look back he was like 20 cars back. that was what i did to my car today ha ha.

Nothing major, just blacked out the rear trim. Ran outta tape to finish the rest of the car so Ill be heading to the parts store later tonight.

I like what you did there - nice!

I wanted to do something similar, but thought that a tape would wrinkle up on those awkward curves of the tail lights.

What kind of tape did you use? Is it a special, flexible kind?

I like what you did there - nice!

I wanted to do something similar, but thought that a tape would wrinkle up on those awkward curves of the tail lights.

What kind of tape did you use? Is it a special, flexible kind?

lol Dont laugh or make fun of me but its just electric tape for now. I know they make a special trim type tape for just this reason and I plan on picking it up. Just wanted to see what it would look like before I spend money on it since I had some layin around. :D

Cleaned up my new injectors and MAF then started to repaint my blower.

Pulled the trunk apart, including the lights, cd changer and all the little bits.

Worked on my DA. Removed the snorkel and resonator from the intake. Installed a Spider Valve and American Air Suspension rebuilt compressor that I've had sitting on the shelf for quite a while.

Installed my ray's switch (finally!)... found out my compressor wont vent :(

Kcir 05/05/10

So I did make it to the dragstrip tonight and found out just how good of a bench racer I am. Turns out my hopes for the car were greater than the outcome. I made 5 passes with a best of 16.233 @ 87.85 mph. The car ran good, just not as I had hoped. So now where to go? A few have discouraged me from wanting to go any further with the chip programing and maybe spend my money on something else, like gears. I like that idea alot, just thought this chip was some kinda magic. As you can tell I am new to the mod motor scene and know nothing about my car, lol, but that is why I am here. Would love to get some feedback or ideas, maybe even direction if I need to start a new thread for this??? Also have videos posted on my youtube channel but not sure if we are allowed to put that info in our replies. Help would be appreciated, but if I am out of line let me know and I will make it right. Thanks.

Seafoamed both my '96 and '97 yesterday. I just love that smoke show. The '97 LSC was smelling like clogged cats before the seafoam treatment. Now, no more smell. And it seems to run much better. I lucked up and got 10 cans of seafoam real cheap from a local AutoZone because the guy unloading the truck spilled all the boxes of seafoam on the concrete and dented up the cans. They were selling $9.99 cans of seafoam for $2.98! I couldn't pass it up.

So I did make it to the dragstrip tonight and found out just how good of a bench racer I am. Turns out my hopes for the car were greater than the outcome. I made 5 passes with a best of 16.233 @ 87.85 mph. The car ran good, just not as I had hoped. So now where to go? A few have discouraged me from wanting to go any further with the chip programing and maybe spend my money on something else, like gears. I like that idea alot, just thought this chip was some kinda magic. As you can tell I am new to the mod motor scene and know nothing about my car, lol, but that is why I am here. Would love to get some feedback or ideas, maybe even direction if I need to start a new thread for this??? Also have videos posted on my youtube channel but not sure if we are allowed to put that info in our replies. Help would be appreciated, but if I am out of line let me know and I will make it right. Thanks.

wow 16.2, you ever raced before or was that your first time to the track? my bone stock pig heavy gen 2 (gen 1's are faster in stock form) did a best of 15.169 back to back, maybe its the bodykit slowing you down lol j/k :)

and hell yeah post that vid, this AINT .org (fyi it will double post, glitch in the board)

I miss the track....I am going to have to go play soon...maybe tomorrow! I have not been practicing the tree though...

Check your fuel pressure!

Ohh, and I did nothing with mine because Stack has it.

Drove mine through a touchless car wash...then went insde the gas station to get my $7 back because it sucked

then drive it to a car lot to look at getting the wife a new car...looking at an 02 GMC Envoy with 105k for 6500

Members online

No members online now.
Back