What's everyone's MPG?

NickLS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
What is everyone getting Miles Per Gallon in City/Hwy?
Please include other info: Engine, Mods

2001 V8
91 to 93 octane
City - 18-20
Hwy - 23.8-24.4
KKM Filter Kit
Cold Air Box

I'm just seeing what everyone is runnin. Plus everyone likes to know what everyone else has :under the hood"

If you guys don't mind someone slippin' in a Cadillac, 01 STS, Stock 4.6 Northstar 300 hp, 275 lb/ft. 0-60mph 6.5, 1/4 14.8. In town: 17-19. Highway: 25-28, if I keep out of it.

Best so far =

28.4 on a tank

2001 LS8 Sport

Intake, and cat back driving from Tacoma to Seattle every day.

Granted, I was trying to see how good I could get and set the cruise control for 60 MPH and never changed. My commute is 99% freeway and I was driving at 0400 in the morning and no one was on the road to slow me down or make me feel like I needed to speed up.

500 mile trip. 2001 LS8 Sport mainly cruised at 70-80 with lane changes sometimes hitting 100. Average 22.7 mpg. The LS really shines on a trip at those speeds.

I have driven about 1300 miles so far and my message center says 18.8. That isn't bad for the v8 as I live in the most congested part of town and during the Christmas shopping season (the whole time I have owned the car) you usually drive about 10 mph on the highway. This is not an exaggeration.

Its hard to get good mileage, I live in Tampa too much traffic.
City= 15-17
Hwy= 24-26

26 Is the best I ever got grannying the car around 65 MPH, but that didn't last long. I look at it this way, if I really love a car I don't really care what I get.

Fordman said:
Its hard to get good mileage, I live in Tampa too much traffic.

if I really love a car I don't really care what I get.

:I On both accounts. I have yet to take a long trip but thus far I've been around 18 - 20 with LA traffic and a fairly light foot. 04 V8.

00 LS8 Sport
16 mpg city
20-24 highway

KN Airfilter

**Coming soon is the Steeda PCM reflash unit**

I drive a stock 00 LS V8. Right now I am at 17.6MPG. I usually end up at 17MPG. I do a lot of city/country driving then a little highway. Highway I get about 19-21MPG and city about 15-17MPG.

PS: Every drop of gas in that engine has been 93+ octaine.

i usually get 27 on highways but i sometimes can get 30 if i go real easy on it
like REAL easy

believe it or not,24 average city & highway with heavy foot.2003 ls8 sport.k$n filter and magnaflow mufflers.93 octaine only.

how does everyone have such better MPG then me. i get 18 city AND HIGHWAY! is something wrong with me car?

i have a 2000 v8 ls

BDSax said:
how does everyone have such better MPG then me. i get 18 city AND HIGHWAY! is something wrong with me car?

i have a 2000 v8 ls

You right foot is what is wrong! If you are like me you like to hit the go pedal to hard too often. I am lucky to stay in the 17 average range....

Kelleyo said:
You right foot is what is wrong! If you are like me you like to hit the go pedal to hard too often. I am lucky to stay in the 17 average range....

aint it the truth... When will I learn moderation. My MPG is in the gutter. I drive a lot of hwy miles in the 90+ range. Not braggin just being honest.

I get 20 mpg in my regular commuting cycle, which is about evenly mixed highway/sitting in traffic/city streets.

Cruising on the highway, I get about 23 mpg if I go 85; if I granny it and go 75 (the speed limit here) I can get 25 mpg.

This is all based on actual fuel consumption, not the overly optimistic computer.

BTW this fuel economy distrubs me because my Chrysler weighs probably 500 pounds more than the Lincoln, plus it has a carbureted big block and it can get 23 on the highway at 70-75.

Members online

No members online now.
Back