What's this tank attached to my oil pan?

Science Abuse

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
The Oil Pan in my Gen2 seems to have a large parasite on the passenger side, behind the starter.

I see/feel no lines going into it, doesn't seem to be connected to the innards of the oil pan.

I actual LOL'd when I read the parasite part...

Also, if you're pan is rusty and you need one.... I have one w/ no rust, but the "parasite" looks to have taken a hit at one time. Lol

Ok, good thing I didn't cut it off. Mine actually IS rusted, and being that it's two bits of steel slapped together, I can see this pat becoming a big rust problem.

What happens when it leaks? :(

I might have a rust free version with a good parasite. Ill have to see if I tossed it or not.

Ok, good thing I didn't cut it off. Mine actually IS rusted, and being that it's two bits of steel slapped together, I can see this pat becoming a big rust problem.

What happens when it leaks? :(

The car asplodes!!!

Yeah that's pretty much what I was thinking.

Has anyone considered trying to cut it off when it leaks, and useing a steel "block off plate", some tek screws, and a :q:q:q:qload of RTV to seal it off? Maybe it'll only leak a quart a day instead of 2 or 3. :)

Ok, more serious follow-up question: Do aftermaret Cobra Oil Pans fit?

Ok, more serious follow-up question: Do aftermaret Cobra Oil Pans fit?

NO!!!!

Could you at least TRY using the search.

Could you at least TRY using the search.

I understand that, having been here a long time, you have personally seen this topic brought up many times... but have you tried using the search function yourself?

Searching for Cobra Oil Pan returns 500+ threads, each garaunteed to contain only one of those words. It's useless, "cobra" pops up in 4 out of 5 threads on this site. Searching "oil pan" gives me "sorry, no matches".

You over-estimate the usefullness of the search feature.

I understand that, having been here a long time, you have personally seen this topic brought up many times... but have you tried using the search function yourself?

Searching for Cobra Oil Pan returns 500+ threads, each garaunteed to contain only one of those words. It's useless, "cobra" pops up in 4 out of 5 threads on this site. Searching "oil pan" gives me "sorry, no matches".

i agree, the search at times is useless and frustrating.

...and yes...the Cobra oil pan will fit the block, however, it wont fit in the cradle.

+1, thank you! all of you "search function" whores might save a little time out of your day if you just answer a simple yes or no question some people may have instead of going off the deep end about searching before asking..f*ck!

If it weren't for people asking questions, there would be nothing to seach!

Using the Google search feature works much better.

I've gotten kind of jaded by all of the same questions over and over. And since I realized that Google can search through all of the stuff here, I'm less prone to post responses.

Mike

Members online

No members online now.
Back