Where for 3.58's??

Missing Linc'

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I has teh awzum 3.58's in teh kar but where do I get another set for the spare Im building to just swap in? Id prefer new, checked ebay and google, didnt find jack nor sh!t.. Help? Please dont say dealer only, I might blow my facking head off if I hear that phrase again.

dealer only lol, but seriously what the :q:q:q:q does the first sentence even say

No idea :confused: It took about 6 minutes for just the first few words.. Who honestly has the patience to spell incorrectly...

i've seen weird :q:q:q:q on the internet lol, and not to sound ignorant but what exactly are you looking for

Some? By year, model, or just random selection?

Gen 1's are generally 3.31's. I believe some early build gen 1's have 3.58's, but I don't remember for sure. I had only read that somewhere.

My LS has 3.31's.

I BELIEVE all gen 2's are 3.58's. I think that was a permanent change for gen 2 LSes. I could be wrong though. should be a tag connected to one of the bolts on the diff cover that says what gears you have.

I BELIEVE all gen 2's are 3.58's. I think that was a permanent change for gen 2 LSes. I could be wrong though. should be a tag connected to one of the bolts on the diff cover that says what gears you have.

Well if this is correct then he can get an extra set from the ebay link I posted. It's an 05 being parted out.

Gen 1's are generally 3.31's. I believe some early build gen 1's have 3.58's, but I don't remember for sure. I had only read that somewhere.

My LS has 3.31's.

I BELIEVE that the v8s have the 3.58 and the v6s have the 3.31.. I think that the v6s with the auto could "upgrade" to the 3.58.. I have a 2000 v8 with 3.58

I understood it that the 3.58's on the gen 1 were for the sport models just like the bigger sway bar and oil cooler etc.

Gen 1's have a mix of gears, Auto / Manual are different. I believe 3.58's were put in sport model 2000's. After that they went to 3.31.. All 2nd Gens have 3.58's.

I would have thought the same but this is what I found on wikipedia

Wikipedia.org said:
Automatic transmission-equipped LS' featured a 3.58:1 rear axle ratio while manual transmission-equipped versions came with a 3.07:1 rear axle ratio

Soooooo, I went for a little junkyard crawl today and found a beautiful diamond in the ruff.. No pictures yet as I havent brought it home but I was digging around through all the rears they had piled up cause I wanted to do a SRA swap and found a Gen1 8.0 setup with 3.58's that seems to be in sound condition for $225 out the door. So for roughly $350 Im gonna have a real LSD and not my redneck version..

I have 3.58's on my 04 V6 but then again thats what got put in during a rebuild i dont know what the factory was

They work ok.. My friend had his spiders welded on his bronco and (granted he beats on his trucks) broke it! lol.. You will find decreased wear on your tires too! But I'm sure you already knew that.. :shifty:

Members online

No members online now.
Back