2006 Lincoln LS

dpboone

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Took my 2001 (73000 miles) in for an alignment. While I was there, I test drove a new 2006. If this is truly the last year for the LS, they really wasted a lot of steel and plastic. The interior is AWFUL. Looks like a $25K car instead of a 48K car. My 2001 V8 will blow the doors off of the new V8. What is everyone going to do when the LS they are driving needs to be retired? I drove Mercedes S class (owned 2) for years. Parts cost were awful. I drive 25K per year (bought the 2001 in 2003 with 21K on it). Have had all the major repairs that everyone has until you hit 60K miles. Luckily most were covered by the 50K mile warranty. Hydrol. Fan replacement was the last one that I had to pay for.

Any comp. replacement for the LS on the horizon?

Was it for sure a 2006 LS? The only trim level was suppose to be the LSE for 2006. Also, all of the interior pieces should be same unless a lot of items got decontented which may have happened to squeeze out every dime of the last breed. I'm assuming you test drove the V8. The 2003 and later LS's have more power than earlier years but what I've noticed on the newer LS's is that the drive by wire feature takes some getting use to. I'm use to immediate throttle response with my 2001 LS. The drive by wire delays just a bit.

Yup, Maybe the Mark VIII guys can give us some comfort in our sorrow when yet another Hot Rod Lincoln bites the big one...

GrayGhost1 said:
Was it for sure a 2006 LS? The only trim level was suppose to be the LSE for 2006. Also, all of the interior pieces should be same unless a lot of items got decontented which may have happened to squeeze out every dime of the last breed. I'm assuming you test drove the V8. The 2003 and later LS's have more power than earlier years but what I've noticed on the newer LS's is that the drive by wire feature takes some getting use to. I'm use to immediate throttle response with my 2001 LS. The drive by wire delays just a bit.

The throttle by wire thing is the big show stopper for me. I do not think I ca get accustomed to the by wire crap.

eL...tuners are learning more every day on how to get past the DBW limitations. From what I've been hearing, there are excellent results out there. I sure wouldn't let that stop me from getting one. It's just like when fuel injection first came out. NOBODY wanted to have it! You couldn't tune and jet it like the old cars, so it just HAD to be bad. Were they ever wrong! We all need to get used to DBW...because everything is going to have it soon.

FreeFaller said:
Yup, Maybe the Mark VIII guys can give us some comfort in our sorrow when yet another Hot Rod Lincoln bites the big one...

I am still in denial and probably will be for a year or two after it has long gone from the lots.

I can picture the LS sitting there in Fords theater enjoying one of the few commericals every produced for the line from the box seat when an executive from FoMoCO sneaks in behind the car and BANG forever changes car history.

My only hope is that this end the career of this decision makes just as it end JOhn Wilkes Booths acting career when he killed another great Lincoln.

2001LS8Sport said:
eL...tuners are learning more every day on how to get past the DBW limitations. From what I've been hearing, there are excellent results out there. I sure wouldn't let that stop me from getting one. It's just like when fuel injection first came out. NOBODY wanted to have it! You couldn't tune and jet it like the old cars, so it just HAD to be bad. Were they ever wrong! We all need to get used to DBW...because everything is going to have it soon.

Yeh I figured it wouldbe a tuneabl feature at som point but being an early adopter of this LS in 00 I am hesitant to bu something that no one correct the factory defects :)

GrayGhost1 said:

YEP: Very PLAIN and not too attractive. Word from the dealer. . . lower ball joints and control arm replacement. $700. Both parts backordered nationally BUTTTTT, they just happen to have one pair. LUCKY ME!!!!!!!

i though the 2006 ls was only gonna come in the ls v8 sport trim??? or at least thats what i read in an article earlier this year

eL eS said:
I am still in denial and probably will be for a year or two after it has long gone from the lots.

I can picture the LS sitting there in Fords theater enjoying one of the few commericals every produced for the line from the box seat when an executive from FoMoCO sneaks in behind the car and BANG forever changes car history.

My only hope is that this end the career of this decision makes just as it end JOhn Wilkes Booths acting career when he killed another great Lincoln.

Yeah, the first LS commercial I ever saw was only a little blurb about it having a 5 star safety rating. Ooooohhhh...that's how you get people to buy sports sedans...safety. Why didn't BMW think of that... Meanwhile Cadillac is showing the CTS/STS/XLR haulin a$$...

But hey...FLM will just build more trucks and let Jag have the high end sedan market...completely outpricing people like me.

:soapbox:

Yeah me too. Iheard the dealers were complainingabout all the different models and it was making it tough for them to sell the thing. I highly doub is is the variety tha is the problem rather it is the lack of adversting.

I have a Fl dealer worked down to 40 even on an 05 vivid red with navi, lse, hid, moon roof, and the rear park assist gimmick. I a tryin like hell to get em dow to 36k. I told em to call me back near the end of the month if they ned to make quota. At some point it is going to be a burden the to the dealership end of year plus they begin paying interest on the car after 90 days. It is listed over 50k rigt now before the family plan.

If they get closer to my number I'll buy it and feel vendicated for all the BS I went through with this one.

FreeFaller said:
Yeah, the first LS commercial I ever saw was only a little blurb about it having a 5 star safety rating. Ooooohhhh...that's how you get people to buy sports sedans...safety. Why didn't BMW think of that... Meanwhile Cadillac is showing the CTS/STS/XLR haulin a$$...

But hey...FLM will just build more trucks and let Jag have the high end sedan market...completely outpricing people like me.

:soapbox:

Yea I imagine you would have to watch about 36hours of television before you even catch a blurb on the LS. And you are absolutely right about th their ad angle wit the 5 star safety on a sports sedan. Nothing screams excitement like safety. But then agai they really cannot promote the raw performance ofthe car becasue it didnot show up for clas the da they taugt that subject. :)

It did get a copy of the cliff's notes though.

I have an offer from another dealer on this one:

Key Standard Equipment
ORDER CODE 222A -V8 ULTIMAT
HEATED/COOLED FRONT SEATS
POWER MOONROOF
17" 8-SPOKE CHROME WHEEL
ADVANCE TRAC
ADJ REAR HEAD RESTRAINTS
SELECTSHIFT TRANSMISSION
WOOD APPLIQUE

Optional Equipment
2005 MODEL YEAR
BLACK CLEARCOAT
BLACK PREM LTHR SEAT SURF
.3.9L 4V DOHC V8 ENGINE
.5 SPEED AUTO TRANSMISSION
.P235/50VR BSW ALL-SEASON
JOB #1 ORDER
DVD NAV/THX CDX6 AUDIO 2,995
.LINCOLN SOUNDMARK THX
HID HEADLAMPS 595
MEMORY ADJUSTABLE PEDALS 195

TOTAL MSRP $47,990.00
EMPLOYEE PRICE $42,675.65
CASH BACK ($3,500.00)

For 37,100.00 you can't tell me these guys still don't have wiggle room.

Yeah, I don't really like the 03+ LSes- the interiors of the old ones are much nicer, and the rear headrests aren't as large.

hmm an 06 with the elite is just a shade over 40k and that s pretty much where these guys are on this on car over in orlando and it is an 05.

Is the 0 going to have the LSE Body Kits as factory?

i am so sad that the ls may kick the bucket but what happened to the talk of an 08 ls thsts fwd was that just a rumor

At the local FLM dealership, they have 3 new LS's on the lot that have been there since April. They also have a 2004 LSE that was leftover from the previous year......it now has 6000 miles on it because all the salespeople like to drive it. But hey, they're only asking around $33,000 for it.........too bad I don't have the money for that yet. Who knows, at the rate they're selling LS's, it might be there in December when I graduate and then I can buy it.......lol. Those idiots at FLM need to get things worked out.

stateproperty3423 said:
i am so sad that the ls may kick the bucket but what happened to the talk of an 08 ls thsts fwd was that just a rumor

I talked to the Lincoln PR VP today - she would NOT confirm that the LS is going. When I asked about the LS being cancelled, she said:

The LS continues for the 2006 model year with the V8 model. We can't talk about future models, but I can say not all rumors are accurate. Remember, next year we have the new Aviator coming as well. Our Lincolns are going to get more and more exciting!

DLS8K said:
At the local FLM dealership, they have 3 new LS's on the lot that have been there since April. They also have a 2004 LSE that was leftover from the previous year......it now has 6000 miles on it because all the salespeople like to drive it. But hey, they're only asking around $33,000 for it.........too bad I don't have the money for that yet. Who knows, at the rate they're selling LS's, it might be there in December when I graduate and then I can buy it.......lol. Those idiots at FLM need to get things worked out.

I spoke with sales people today on the phone putting them on the ropes trying to beat the price out of em :D and I told straight up that I believe the car is worth the money but the book makers say different and if you want to sell it then this is where I am on the price. I am not the person that at the helm running these prices into the ground. I paid 200 under sticker on my 00 when I bought it.

Imagine my supruise when I found out folks were getting these thinsg for 16 under sticker used and aroun 10 and 12 under sticker new. When I bought the link I did not even question the value I figured it to be the classic cadillac standard which I have since found out died years ago with the lincoln standard.

If they want to put me in one of these again we are going to have a serious coming to Jesus meeting on the price. I love, I maintain and I will keep my car until I find a foriegn equivalent becasue they do retain their value. To me this means something becasue I may not always be where I am financially but certainly want to live within my means today and if I can't expect to have a resonable retention of value I will not go there again.

The only way I feel I can expect it this round is to beat the price out of em! Am I wrong for working emover like this, does it make me greeedy or selfish? I'd really like to know. I know by working these guys down I am only contributing to the problem. Man this is one messed up paradox.

I am trying to do the proper patricotic thing and buy a car made by and for Americans.

Joeychgo said:
I talked to the Lincoln PR VP today - she would NOT confirm that the LS is going. When I asked about the LS being cancelled, she said:

The LS continues for the 2006 model year with the V8 model. We can't talk about future models, but I can say not all rumors are accurate. Remember, next year we have the new Aviator coming as well. Our Lincolns are going to get more and more exciting!

Aviator next year... I thought it was out already. I could swear I have seen them on the road.

eL eS said:
Aviator next year... I thought it was out already. I could swear I have seen them on the road.

it is - but its being totaly redesigned....

Joeychgo said:
it is - but its being totaly redesigned....

What! Already! Man this is absurd now I really do believe that the LS is lost. But SUVs sell well even during these high energy price times we live in. This is really a slap in the face to every LS owner.

My head is hung so low right now you would think I could :q my own :q. Sorry for the anaolgy and edit if you feel it is appropriate btu I am really having a difficult time convincing myself to be a repeat buyer. Man and I am ripe for the pickin'

Joeychgo said:
Rumor is it will be like the "navicross" concept

Hmm curious looking vehicle but they just arent my cup of tea. I really dig the sedans or two doors like the Mark VIIIs. Buying my LS was a snap buying my second has turned out to be very difficult.

I am sure the Mark owners felt a bit dissed when the Marks were taken out of the line up. No one really wants to own a car that was discontinued. I was so close to buying an Aurora until I heard of its demise. Its no wonder they do not want to confirm anything about future models.

Members online

Back