Fab'ed heat shield for Cold Air Intake for KKM

I would like to replace mine with a weel constructed version.:)

Leese001.JPG

I work in a design/fabrication shop with all the tools and machines necessary for building anything imaginable.After reading this topic I have decided to begin building myself a heat shield for the KKM on my 03 ls V8 this week. I was wondering how many others would be interested in one? I will make a design using Auto Cad and get a quote for production tomorrow or Friday. Once the prototype is done I will take pictures of it and people can let me know if they are interested.
I'm interested.

yes, progress has been made!! I have the cardboard prototype cut out to size and I am going to my work today to cut and bend the metal... I will have some pictures up later today.

yes, progress has been made!! I have the cardboard prototype cut out to size and I am going to my work today to cut and bend the metal... I will have some pictures up later today.

and theeeeen? ;)
and wow! a 40-60 degree difference with heat sheild?! isn't there some rule like every 11 degrees lower air temp you gain 1% hp?

I will be out of town for a few weeks. Just in case this becomes available while I am gone, I want one.

sorry for delay

sorry for the delay guys... been very busy at work... I have the prototype ready.. just have to trim fit it under the hood.. then off to production... I will be giving it to the fabrication shop on Monday, hopefully wont take long... sometime this weekend look for a new post on this subject, I would like to get a better idea of exactly how many people want a H/S.

sorry for the delay guys... been very busy at work... I have the prototype ready.. just have to trim fit it under the hood.. then off to production... I will be giving it to the fabrication shop on Monday, hopefully wont take long... sometime this weekend look for a new post on this subject, I would like to get a better idea of exactly how many people want a H/S.
I am interested, but it would help to see what it looks like, what it is made from and the approximate cost.

I am interested, but it would help to see what it looks like, what it is made from and the approximate cost.

You got it.

Many can say they are interested, but ultimately won't buy when it comes down to it.

I fabbed one up. No real interest to sell but if someone PMed me and had interest I would entertain making a few for friends.

Look at how little activity my "Cold Air Box" thread gets....it will be a fairly small number that will buy and will have trickle sales after ultimately. Not really worth a shops time. IMO.

with another post being removed due to the person taking orders through email i would suggesting talking to administrators on this site. i would love to buy one of these heat shields and would hate for you to be kicked off and not be able to sell these since there is such a huge demand for them. please take the appropriate steps towards getting this distributed without stepping on toes

with another post being removed due to the person taking orders through email i would suggesting talking to administrators on this site. i would love to buy one of these heat shields and would hate for you to be kicked off and not be able to sell these since there is such a huge demand for them. please take the appropriate steps towards getting this distributed without stepping on toes

Being a actual company selling multible products is different than a member making a unique item that isn't available anywhere and hooking up fellow members.

Guess it depends on how its handled.

And demand is pretty small actually, a fraction compared to aftermarket coils and look how that goes with the performance manufacturers.

just ordered my kkm! although they're backordered... not gettin shipped til the 25th..... Booooooooooooooooooooo

Members online

No members online now.
Back