Heater blows cold air

You PASSED :D
The noises you heard were the solenoids (panels) opening and closing as it did the tests.

If you got a number like 24.4 183 would say something failed and take it to your nearest rip off....I mean dealership and get it looked after. ;)

I FAILED:(

I tried this test and I got 19 on the left and 66 on the right. I guess I gotta take it to the dealer....unless you know what this error code means. I can maybe take care of the problem myself since I do almost all my own repairs.

Any ideas about this code?

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I have it set to Celcius. We don't use Farenheit up here in the cold north. Does this make a difference? I didn't try the test while using Farenheit, though I will tomorrow.

dont know anything about the codes but I finally got heat, I just got out my screwdriver and openned that bleed valve by the master cylender every time I got to where I was going and It let air out every time but I now have heat dont worry it wont blow out like taking off radiator cap it just kinda spits hope this works for yall It wont hurt to try ....:D good luck

You're lucky yours blows warm air

My heater blows just as cold as air as my A/C does. No difference no matter what my thermostat is set on.....Anyone have any tests to try before I bring it to the dealership?

did you try holding the "off" and "floor" button for a moment then pressing the "auto" buttonn?

I have already done that test and it reads: 88.8 -188.8 Does anyone know what this means?

I have already done that test and it reads: 88.8 -188.8 Does anyone know what this means?

to the best of my knowledge, thats the code it displays when everything is functioning correct. i get the same code even though its blowing cold out one side and hot out the other.

heater code on 2000 V6 lincoln ls?????

ok i bleed my lincoln because the stat was sticking i did the test( off and floor button sametime and then hit auto. it went 88.8 188.8. started to get some heat but now it reads 12 64 does anybody know what code this is??? thanks girty

ok i bleed my lincoln because the stat was sticking i did the test( off and floor button sametime and then hit auto. it went 88.8 188.8. started to get some heat but now it reads 12 64 does anybody know what code this is??? thanks girty

I bled mine too and it still blows cold at idle. Don't know what the code means. I'm still trying to find out what mine means (19 66). Couldn't bring myself to pay a dealer for a diagnostic when they can just look it up and tell me, so I went on Ebay and won an auction for the original Ford repair manual DVD. It's supposed to be the one that Head Office sends to all the dealerships. Hopefully it will have the codes in it and I'll let you know what they mean. Haven't rec'd it yet, but expecting it in maybe 1-2 weeks (Shipping from US to Canada)

I'll post as soon as it arrives.

12 64 is "Servo Motor Floor Circuit Failure"
12 66 is "A/C Post Heater Sensor is Open"

I don't know what these mean or how to fix but I hope it helps :confused:

12 64 is "Servo Motor Floor Circuit Failure"
12 66 is "A/C Post Heater Sensor is Open"

I don't know what these mean or how to fix but I hope it helps :confused:

Wow! Where did you find that info? Wherever you got it from, does it say what 19 66 means?

Sounds like no so big of a job for you girty. If it's just a motor that has to be replaced, you don't have to worry about draining your coolant and hoping you don't make a mess. It's probably just the motor that opens and closes your heat mixture door.

Last edited:
Correction 12 66 is actually 19 66
Sorry about that. I was tired .... spent most of the day at the Detroit Auto Show yesterday :rolleyes:

Here's where I found that INFO
23083.jpg

Sorry it's SOOOOOOO BIG !! :D

Thanks! That's awesome! I've been waiting for some info like this. Now.....if I could only figure out what this means exactly.....

I just started to have the same problem...BUT....I get plenty of heat/defrost as long as I don't use the blower fan past 1/4 of the way. If I turn up the fan it starts to cool down. Anybody else notice this? I just found this site and I'm going to try some of your sugestions.

I just started to have the same problem...BUT....I get plenty of heat/defrost as long as I don't use the blower fan past 1/4 of the way. If I turn up the fan it starts to cool down. Anybody else notice this? I just found this site and I'm going to try some of your sugestions.

I thought I was having that same problem, but them i just thought tahtfaster moving air made it seem cooler. Im still unsure. My car just went in for repairs and since they are replacing the radiator and condenser I hope they fill and bleed the system properly. It seems to be the most common diagnosis for cool air in the LS.

p.s. - Welcome to LVC

Thanks..... I've never had trouble at any fan speed before in fact I would have to turn the fan down it would get so hot...the defroster would work great and that would heat the whole car up....I tried the test (off and floor) and got 88.8 188.8 , I have not opened,drained, added or seen antifreeze on ground, in the summer I had the heater valve replaced(heat blowing out one side cool the other)I wonder if its that again?

This is a great site!

Still having the problem....like I said I have heat/defrost as long as I don't use the fan or turn it up about 1/4 of the way. Sucks if you need to defrost the windshield when its iced up.........I used to have to turn the fan down it would get so hot in the car. Any ideas??????????

keep the cold air, you'll need it in summer so u dont use ur a/c, lol

keep the cold air, you'll need it in summer so u dont use ur a/c, lol

LOL....thanks but not much good when its below 10deg. in the A.M. trying to defrost the windows! Well looks like no one has any ideas here..tried everthing I could find here, everything seems OK, talked to the dealer which I trust and he gave me some ideas before I bring it in to try and save $ nothing helps, what global warming???

Gah, now my heat is out. I have yet to find someone on here that has successfully repaired this.

Does anyone know where i can get or have the part number for the auxiliary pump? I checked the team ford parts website and was unable to locate it. Thanks.

Does anyone know where i can get or have the part number for the auxiliary pump? I checked the team ford parts website and was unable to locate it. Thanks.

Try Maxx at Five Star Ford or pm MrZee=======>

Members online

No members online now.
Back