lets try this again

Try some seafoam / clean maf. Check for vaccum leaks.

All I know about all this is Motorcraft is for Ford, Delco is for GM and Mopar is for Dodge.
15 Years ago my Cougar needed a tune up so I bought everything including the Bosch Platinum plugs and tuned it up. I had those plugs out at least twenty times checking them trying to get rid of the miss and stumble. I then bought my Fomoco plugs changed them and miss gone car ran like a scared rabbit.

Don't cheap out and don't think that if it is expensive it is better. Buy what it came with you know it runs right with it!!

Do you understand how a motor works??
Air,Fuel,Spark....air and fuel under pressure from piston, spark makes those go BOOM...if not making proper boom....check those THREE things....

"Jesus kill me in silence"

Don't assume his problem is the same as yours.
He has a miss....yours seems to be a stumble.
Completely different.

Mines a stumble and a miss....It stumbles and when I hammer on the gas it hesitates.

Jamie thinks it's because my IMRC's are broke because I have a code that says they are stuck open and he cleaned them by hand and they're still not working right. So being that the IMRC controller is obsolete I'm pretty much f'd on that.

I was thinking about getting deletes, but I was told you need to have someone program your computer for them to be deleted properly...My tuner can't even delete my O2 sensors....SCT themselves can't even figure it out.

FWIW I have platinum plus 4 in my mark for 15.000 miles now and it is smooth as glass-Plugs fire or don't, and if that were your problem I would have to think you'd get a code.

till it sucks the porcelain into the cyl, you've been warned

well the problem is getting worse now when i give it gas in park RPMs drop about 100 to 200 RPMs before going up, and in drive when i give it gas it really starts chugging and jerking and feels like its about to die WTF!!!!!!!! and it sounds like me and camel have the same problem

well the problem is getting worse now when i give it gas in park RPMs drop about 100 to 200 RPMs before going up, and in drive when i give it gas it really starts chugging and jerking and feels like its about to die WTF!!!!!!!! and it sounds like me and camel have the same problem

Have you done anything to it yet?

Only thing is mine is sporadic. It will temporarily have 100% power, then 2 minutes later have 70%....I'm going to get a dyno tune to see if that fixes it.

Mines a stumble and a miss....It stumbles and when I hammer on the gas it hesitates.

Jamie thinks it's because my IMRC's are broke because I have a code that says they are stuck open and he cleaned them by hand and they're still not working right. So being that the IMRC controller is obsolete I'm pretty much f'd on that.

I was thinking about getting deletes, but I was told you need to have someone program your computer for them to be deleted properly...My tuner can't even delete my O2 sensors....SCT themselves can't even figure it out.

I don't doubt Jamie for one second, I have seen Fords do some screwy things and the cause be a part not even related to the issue but I wouldn't think the IMRC would cause a miss and or a stumble. I think you have a flaky PCM or harness somewhere. Why? Even with the IMRC stuck open you'd be a dog off the line but it shouldn't miss and stumble when you get on the gas. I think that the PCM also disables the IMRC system if there's a fault seen. I also think that it enables it once the PCM sees that the IMRC is in the closed position when it should be closed after 2 drive cycles, I think. Also with the O2 sensors, just about any tuning program should turn the sensors off or so I thought. To narrow it down a bit, with the stumbling and missing AND the IMRC reporting being stuck open, I'd go with harness or ground being broken or shorted somewhere. However the issue with the O2 sensors known, I'd go with a PCM. You might borrow a PCM from wherever and see if that takes care of the issue. This of course is my own theory and not necessarily fact :)

I don't doubt Jamie for one second, I have seen Fords do some screwy things and the cause be a part not even related to the issue but I wouldn't think the IMRC would cause a miss and or a stumble. I think you have a flaky PCM or harness somewhere. Why? Even with the IMRC stuck open you'd be a dog off the line but it shouldn't miss and stumble when you get on the gas. I think that the PCM also disables the IMRC system if there's a fault seen. I also think that it enables it once the PCM sees that the IMRC is in the closed position when it should be closed after 2 drive cycles, I think. Also with the O2 sensors, just about any tuning program should turn the sensors off or so I thought. To narrow it down a bit, with the stumbling and missing AND the IMRC reporting being stuck open, I'd go with harness or ground being broken or shorted somewhere. However the issue with the O2 sensors known, I'd go with a PCM. You might borrow a PCM from wherever and see if that takes care of the issue. This of course is my own theory and not necessarily fact :)

hmmmmm....You may be on to something. I've got 3 CEL's...two for 02 sensors that the tuner & SCT themselves is having trouble turning off, and the other CEL is for the IMRC's. Oddly enough when the CEL's come on I tried pulling my tune out and going back to stock. The car was driving MUCH better, but then when the CEL's came back on it drove like crap again.

So I tried re-uploading the tune...again the CEL's were turned off and the car was much better again and drove better with the tune....until the CEL's came back on.

I'll have to hook up with Jamie and see if he has any extra computers. It's worth a shot....

BTW, it is a dog off the line when the CEL is on, it used to be powerful enough that it would easily rip the tires up on take off...now it can barely chirp them. Something is definitely off.

Thanks for your prognosis...you may very well have hit the nail on the head.

i havent even been driving it. its just been sitting there doing nothing. now reading further down could my problem possible be a bad computer? im kinda at my wits end here

Ripped's issue may be a bad PCM...I am quite sure yours is related to coil/plugs. Take a chance on buying a $30 set of Motorcraft or Autolite platinum plugs and put the stock coils back on.

I stated before that I had Copper...looked at a box in my tool box today...I switched to MC Plats, mine is running great...even tho I still have a CEL

well i changed the plugs to MC platinum and its running better, still not all that good, still have the rough idle, not as rough though, and the hesitation and vibration when accelerating. next switch the wires and coils to motorcraft?

re check your firing order.
Make sure.
If its correct take one plug wire off at a time and see if the idle changes.
If no change put wire back on and go to the next wire.

See if you can find on hole that is not firing.

Did any of the plugs look any different then the others?

Members online

Back