Lincoln LS Detail

Here's a great newer product from Chemical Guys, Citrus Wash and Clear. When you want to safely strip the wax, this stuff is great. It removes all dirt and grime, grease and oil, EVERYTHING. You can dilute it for regular washings, but for weekly washings, I'm recommending Citrus Wash and Gloss. It has a glossing/quick detailed left appearance on the car. Great stuff.

http://www.detailedimage.com/Chemical-Guys-M31/Citrus-Wash-and-Clear-P221/
http://www.detailedimage.com/Chemical-Guys-M31/Citrus-Wash-Gloss-P178/s/

For those of you using less than quality soap, even if you are using a decent soap like Meg's Gold Class, try gloss out. You'll be amazed.

Citrus wash and Clear is on sale at detailedimage today too. 6 bucks for 16 oz.

Oh, and FYI, I just went to target the other day, and had gallons of MGC for 6 bucks. I picked one up, only because It's one of the best for OTC shampoo's. I might have a gallon of Meg's super degreaser, meg's last touch, and CWG coming soon...

I love the stuff. I still have a little bit left, actually. It blows Meg's Gold Class out of the water, that's for sure. And the smell is even awesome. The guy I'm buying those meg's gallons from is sending me a 16 oz container of the CWG instead of the full gallon. He changed his mind and didn't want' to sell the whole thing.

I love the stuff. I still have a little bit left, actually. It blows Meg's Gold Class out of the water, that's for sure. And the smell is even awesome. The guy I'm buying those meg's gallons from is sending me a 16 oz container of the CWG instead of the full gallon. He changed his mind and didn't want' to sell the whole thing.

Haha I wouldn't either. I wash the car (when I'm home from school) every 3 days. What'd you snag the 16oz for?

Also, anyone who lives near a Harbor Freight, keep an eye out for Collinite and Duragloss products.

Post number 2000! Wow, I'm slow.

5 bucks. I got those 2 gallons for 15 bucks total. So 20 plus shipping for all that. I think I made out okay :D

Newbie quick question the baking soda steps and procedure. do you wet the car first and then apply baking soda. I need some info. also the steps of getting the swirls out and everything els out. so what do you do first baking soda, dry and then stuff for swirls....your help is appreciated...thx...

The only thing I've heard of using baking soda is to neutralize the acidity of certain wheel cleaners after use. If your using it for decontamination, just use a paint cleanser/strongly concentrated soap. Generally, the steps of a complete detail are as follows...

Wash
(Drying here can be skipped to cut down time)
Claybar
Dry
Bug/Tar/Paintwork cleansing and examination
Compound Polishing (one to three steps usually based on the condition and desired outcome)
Finishing Polish (Burnishing polish to a high gloss)
50/50 Isopropyl Alcohol wipedown or rewash to remove polish oils
Glaze
Sealant
Wax
Quick Detailer

Of course this is for paint, painted wheels with clearcoat can be followed with the same steps, preferably polish, clay,and sealant, wax won't hold up to the brake temperatures.

Let me know if this helped and if it is what you were asking.

Yes this is what i want to know......and some extra...
Wash***********what kind of soap do i need
(Drying here can be skipped to cut down time)
Claybar*****what's a claybar....
Dry
Bug/Tar/Paintwork cleansing and examination*********what can i use to clean this....
Compound Polishing (one to three steps usually based on the condition and desired outcome)*********What Kind of material i need****shiny***
Finishing Polish (Burnishing polish to a high gloss)*******what kind of polish
50/50 Isopropyl Alcohol wipedown or rewash to remove polish oils****this Isopropyl where can i find it any car store...
Glaze****what the names of glaze i can get....
Sealant*****what kind of sealant
Wax*****what kind of wax...
Quick Detailer*****meaning buffing or wiping down...the car...
Sorry for all the questions i've never done this....and like to learn.....to my car shiny.....

Last edited:
In lieu of normal forum procedures, just read this whole thread, shouldn't take you more than ten minutes. If you still have questions, I'll be glad to answer them.

Claybar- Polyelastic clay used in combination with lubrication to remove embedded contamination particles.
Quick Detailer- A polymer spray, usually lasts very shortly, you spray on just like Windex (on the paint obviously) and buff off with a microfiber towel. Great for in between waxes, bringing a higher gloss, and some even have an anti-static agent to repel dirt and airborn particles.

Both actually, I did a B pillar resto last year using cleaner wax. I find that a finishing polish will remove most of the water spots and such. I used a magic eraser to remove the top-most layer of the rubber and then conditioned it with Black Wow.

Can you give a description of what was involved in your b-pillar restoration? Is it just a matter of using cleaner wax? or is there more steps? Thanks, ive been enjoying this thread immensely.

For the B-Pillar, I found that most of the crap stuck on there was water spots. I used my Porter Cable 7424 but I feel as if you could do this with hand power as well. I actually used Zymol Cleaner Wax because it has small abrasives in it. So a finishing polish would be more abrasive, making it easier for you to hand polish them. I never got them to a complete resto because of the lack of supplies I had at the time, but never really tried again. It did look a lot better. I'm glad your enjoying the thread and I hope a lot more people are, I just wish there was more discussion.

An AIO product like the Klasse I listed would also probably work.

I'm glad your enjoying the thread and I hope a lot more people are, I just wish there was more discussion.

An AIO product like the Klasse I listed would also probably work.

Thanks! I wish i had more to input, but this thread's level of detail is beyond my experience. But I'm learning all sorts of new methods, even the simplest stuff (two bucket-method, clay barring, correct order of products, etc) is new to me. Im trying to benefit from everyone's trial & errors, so keep posting.

I meant feel free to ask questions, even I still have a lot to learn.

I just bought some Chemical Guy's EZ Creme Glaze. The shine is great, it was pretty cheap (IIRC about 16 bucks), and it smells awesome. Just like grape.

I forgot about this thread.... here are some pics while mine was getting her week or two of love

307.jpg

308.jpg

309.jpg

DSC03187.jpg

DSC03186.jpg

DSC03292.jpg

DSC03294.jpg

DSC03293.jpg

DSC03313.jpg

DSC03312.jpg

DSC03341.jpg

DSC03345.jpg

had to build up the paint a bit
DSC03352.jpg

all done
DSC03356.jpg

DSC03357.jpg

DSC03358.jpg

DSC03359.jpg

DSC03360.jpg

DSC03361.jpg

DSC03362.jpg

DSC03367.jpg

That wetsand turnout looks great. As far as glaze, I like EZ Creme Glaze and a lot of people like Danase Wet Glaze. EZ has micro micro micro abrasives to bring out a little better shine.

I have sooo many products to buy.... I just have to decide whether to invest in some quality paint products, or spend the cash on something performance-wise, like a KKM intake. Decisions decisions. Thanks for the help everyone!!

Well you know what they say... "Lookin good ain't goin fast, but goin fast is lookin good!"

Right, I guess I was more looking at it from the viewpoint of "if I only had 1000 to spend, and the car was bone stock" what would i do? I'd put in a few mods instead of buying a buffer and polishes, wax, sealant, clay, microfibers, etc.

I guess it's all personal preference. If you could only choose one: Would you rather go fast or look good? I did other mods before I bought my DA polisher and all the products. But my car is ivory, so it doesn't take a whole lot to make it look presentable.

Members online

No members online now.
Back