Lincoln LS Detail

Wow... 300 total ain't bad at all! I was thinking it would be at least twice that all said and done.

Wow... 300 total ain't bad at all! I was thinking it would be at least twice that all said and done.

If you want to save on some shipping I would suggest going down to your local Big Lots (if you have one) and pick up a Karcher for $99...

Some people say they dont last but I have had two with no problems

My first I used for a year and gave it away so I could upgrade to a little more power.. my current PW has been running strong for 2 years

I don't have a big lots where I'm at. My best bet is just a hardware store, or online somewhere. I'll hit you up when I pick one up.

I got the Karcher 2.26M, 1500 psi and 1.3 gpm. Just got the foam cannon today, didn't have time to take pictures. Foam guns are great, the shadybreal foam cannon is phenomenal. Came to 106 with tax for the Karcher at Lowe's, not a bad deal on the PW. I am in awe of all this equipment. I sat outside and foamed my car for like a half hour. At one of the thicker settings, you can't tell what color the car is. To say I was impressed would be a complete and utter understatement. A+ on the recommendation Jason, thanks again.

So here's my new pride and joy. Let me know if you guys want pictures of the setup as well. The pictures taken were of a coworker's car. The soap had dwelled on the car for about a minute overall on the side of the car, with a couple random squirts here and there. Immediately after initial application, you can barely tell what color the car is, if at all. Anyways, here's a couple pictures.

Cannon One.jpg

Cannon Two.jpg

Hey Kyle, how long do you think one should wait to apply Natty's Red over PB EX-P?

Hey Kyle, how long do you think one should wait to apply Natty's Red over PB EX-P?

I think a sealant requires around like a half hour to an hour for a carnuaba wax to be applied on top of it. It also depends on the sealant. I know CG Jetseal is really fast curing time.

Cool. So I should be set to do it at 5 tonight since I sealed last night. Just wanted to make sure it didn't need like 48 hours or something.

Nah. Haven't had a full day and a half to remove all protection. I'm actually doing my mom's Grand Prix. That is sheer hell. I don't have stuff strong enough to remove more than half the imperfections. She bought it brand new in 02, and has never had a detail. The only washes were through an auto wash from whatever gas station she was near, and her boyfriend washed it quite a few times with (eek) Dawn. And didn't apply any paint protection afterwards. There was SO much oxidation, and really put the clay bar to the test.

Sounds like fun. At least you'll get some practice in before you start to work on your car.

The SSR3 works very well in combination with the 106FF, though. So far, I've only polished her hood, front bumper, and front fenders. That took SO long to get done with that, I decided not to polish any more of her car. She onlyl wanted a wash and wax, but of course I had to clay before waxing, and after claying I thought I'd try out the products I bought. I'm sure my car will take a LOT less time.

Correction, some of the Collinite on hers. I think you have at least 3-4 applications worth in there if used with your PC and a white or gray pad. And I think you should. Judging by the way she takes care of her car, she'll need it.

That's what I meant. I ws just thinking that since she doesn't take care of her car like i do, maybe she should have a longer lasting wax than the natty's

Thanks man (what is your name, btw?). I thought it might take a while. But it should be ready by 5.

Oh, and I now see what you mean about the 6.5" pads. I HATE them. I only say that because you informed me that 5" pads would be better for cutting. The hood/fron fenders took me over an hour. And only half the imperfections are gone. It looks loads better than it did, but I thought i'd get more results than that.

Thanks man (what is your name, btw?). I thought it might take a while. But it should be ready by 5.

Oh, and I now see what you mean about the 6.5" pads. I HATE them. I only say that because you informed me that 5" pads would be better for cutting. The hood/fron fenders took me over an hour. And only half the imperfections are gone. It looks loads better than it did, but I thought i'd get more results than that.

No prob... My name is Jason

Yup, 6.5" pads with a PC is the equivalent of a long, slow, painfull death...lol

I have not used PB EX-P BUT, sealants typically take 12 hours to cure...unless they are a "fast curing" sealant like CG Jetseal 109....

Ah right, I think I might have been thinking the time you need until you can buff it off. OR maybe I just wasn't thinking...:shifty:

Just placed an order for Poorboy's World SSR3(Refill) and Collinite 915 wax. The 915 competes with waxes that cost thousands of dollars in durability, depth and shine. I also ordered Black WOW Trim Restorer, which is supposed to be the holy grail of trim restoration, besides redying(I have stuff for that too). I'm going to attempt to restore that corroded trim outside of the windows on our LS's that many of us have.

Pektel, pictures of your car asap.

well, I'll post a few pics, but these are BEFORE any paint correction. I've just washed with CWG, claybar (meg's), EX-P, and Natty's Red. I plan on doing the correction before the snow flies, because all the protection is coming off, with Klasse Sealant Glaze and Collinite 845 Insulator Wax for better durability. :D Here's the pics as of today. I didn't have the best light, but I'll save the reflection pics for after I correct the paint.

wax7.jpg

wax1.jpg

wax2.jpg

wax3.jpg

wax4.jpg

wax6.jpg

Nice, paint looks very wet. Natty's is real nice on light colored cars. Did you wash your wheels in those pictures? Doesn't really look like it.

Nope. Not yet. These wheels were ruined by whoever owned the car before me. Full of what looks like hairline cracks, and streaks (like where a liquid ran down the side) and I can't get the marks off. I'm wondering if the finish is similar enough that I could actually use a compound on them. But I've heard that a wheel clear coat is plasticized.

Members online

No members online now.
Back