• within 2 years

Votes: 14 19.7%
  • 3 or more years out

Votes: 7 9.9%

• Total voters

Speed Demon

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I've been talking to a major header manufacturer. If there is enough intrest in them through the next 5 years they are willing to start production on a custom Mark VIII ceramic coated full length header (attached crossover is optional too). They do a lot for mustangs right now so this would be no problem. A full bolt on exhaust is also possible. The estimates are several hundred less than Kooks, ideally around 500+/-. I need to show immidiate intrest and long term. So who wants headers now, 1 year, 2 years, 3+ years? They could be available as soon as 4 months. Lets here what you guys think.

I would love a set of full lengths in less then a years time.

I wish we could do this for the Lincoln LS...that :q:q:q:q would be bomb and I'd be in it if the other LS guys would :-D

i already have kooks but that sounds like a great deal. i don't want to go off topic (but i will sry) how are the body kits coming along?

Roadboss-I believe 1 5/8. Product quality and functionality should determine what you pay, not what name is stamped on them. Kooks are nice headers but your still not seeing the potential of a nice set of full length headers. I'm trying to get a nice flowing, long lasting, affordable, bolt on header for us. These will be made in the US. There are other choices. I can get them from china for half this price, or give me 20 people right now and I'll have a full custom set made for 1000 each. Even pay 800 and get some kooks shorties(sorry,3/4 length:rolleyes: ). I think this is the best option IMO. If chevy guys can buy full length headers for ls1s for 500 bucks shouldn't we be able to get nice headers for our 4.6s? A full exhaust package is an option too. From header to tail pipe. I thought you guys would like something you can custom order, and actually bolt on in the drive way, not wondering how much modifiing you'll have to do to get it to work. Sizing and crossovers, primary tube size, collectors, cats, no cats, all will be determined by us. If you guys really want these lets see and hear it. Thanks to everyone who wants to vote or throw in ideas.:D

As far as the kits, I'll get an update there soon. You can see there has been a lot going on. I'm trying to get a few different things going here then it will be full speed on the kits.

id be interested definately i was going to modify a set o bbks. let us know.

I just turned 200K last night and that makes it so I want to swap in my other 90k engine. Reason for that would be my original engine is leaking from every point possible and the timing chains are very stretched.

So while I am swapping engines I want to throw on a set of headers and finally put in a 3200rpm stall converter but the headers are making me wait now :(

I'm at 130k so its coming up for me too. I also don't want to get pulling anything until the headers are ready. Lets see how this goes.

You'll have to tell these guys the co. name, even if in PM. A lot of people are still name nuthuggers when it comes to performance... unfortunately.

kinda, like i wouldn't pay 500 for some pacesetters, but some nice BBK's or another well know company i would. both are "major header makers," but one is clearly a better product.

Personally I wouldn't put a header on unless it was coated (ceramic) or better.

These would be ceramic(jet-hot) coated. I've talked to those guys and two others. It will come down to how much interest we have and which manufacturer will be willing to go out on a limb for a bunch of picky ass cheepo mod wanting lincoln shadetree mechanic hot rodders like us.:shifty: :D If jba or pacesetter would be willing to produce these for around 400 that would be pretty cool. If there are only 20 guys who want only stainless specialties to do a custom run, then get a $1000 each together and I'll have them made asap. Let me know what you guys want. In case I seem like I'm being a jerk here, I assure you I'm not. I just want some nice affordable headers and thought you guys would like an oppurtunity to get some too. Both options listed above are ready to go. I just want to get this moving. If you guys post on LOD, or one of the other lincoln or t-bird clubs feel free to post a link for them to get here. Thanks again for all your input/ideas.

So thats all huh? I thought there would be a lot more people out there interested in these. Well, if you few guys really want some longtubes let me know.

Of all the people who say they are interested cut that number in half and you have the number of people who might pay...

I would be interested as it gives me that much more of a reason to get off my ass and get to work on it. Aside from the headers all I really would need is a 3200rpm converter. I should also do my shift improver kit in the trans at the same time.
CIMG1795.jpg

Yeah it don't look pretty but it only has 90k on it :cool:

Of all the people who say they are interested cut that number in half and you have the number of people who might pay...
Well I'm selling a new set of Hooker Super Comp coated inside and out headers for a 1958/64 Impala. Things are over $800 from Hooker and I ain't got my Chevy no more so theres that much more I could throw into the Mark...

CIMG0205.jpg

I may be interested if the price is right. Im glad to see that someone is tryin to get more "bolt on" parts for the Marks while trying to keep costs down.

Members online

Back