Votes: 13 18.3%
  • within 1 year

Votes: 37 52.1%
  • within 2 years

Votes: 14 19.7%
  • 3 or more years out

Votes: 7 9.9%

• Total voters
I can't justify that much for headers... But then again, I'm a pushrod guy who is new to the Modular world so my opinion doesnt mean much, lol

although I do agree it would be nice for more companies to have aftermarket support for these cars.

So thats all huh? I thought there would be a lot more people out there interested in these. Well, if you few guys really want some longtubes let me know.

when all the info we have is "who wants headers" and nothing else, there isn't going to be much interest.

I'd be ready for a set of longtubes within a year. If you can keep it under $500 for new jet-hot coated longtube headers that don't have issues with the steering shaft, that would be a good price and I think you could move a fair number of them. You might not get a bunch of people to start with, but I would think once people know that they fit and don't have cracking issues, they would sell over time.

Id be in if its a definate thing that they would fit, and be under 500 dollars.

If they were Ceramic coated SS, full length, and have EGR provisions, and are around $500 I'd buy....

I think the coated is gonna be the deal breaker cause that costs money no matter what? I would almost want to get a set of full lengths and send them to China and have them copied in Stainless then sell them off.

The ceramic coating is not the problem. Don't want anything from china, sorry. Talking to another custom header shop today. BTW, of course they'll fit, thats the point of having these done.:D

The ceramic coating is not the problem. Don't want anything from china, sorry. Talking to another custom header shop today. BTW, of course they'll fit, thats the point of having these done.:D

Well my 60' Biscayne Hooker Super Comp where $500 standard $850 ceramic coated. So if you want a $500 dollar set coated it ain't gonna happen unless you have a real crap set of headers to offset the price.

You got over charged for the coating.......:( 200 would have been fair. They need to make profit some where. Sometimes, everywhere. Lots of greedy people out there. More so when its custom and they know you can't get them anywhere else.

You got over charged for the coating.......:( 200 would have been fair. They need to make profit some where. Sometimes, everywhere. Lots of greedy people out there. More so when its custom and they know you can't get them anywhere else.

I didn't pay that, I got the headers for $50 cause the guy didn't know what they where worth and I had them coated inside and out.

I am saying that is how much Hooker asks for them. Also there is no way your going to get a decent header coated for $500 or less if there made in this country anymore.

You want to talk about need to make a profit then have them made here. I'm a 20 some odd year machinist that knows why everything is going to China/Korea and all that. So someone can make a profit without making a product here :shifty:

Our economy sux, everybody being greedy and importing low quality products isn't helping either. From the people I've been talking to, the quality and cost are right on the mark (no pun intended:D ) if a big name does this for us. Having a smaller privately owned custom shop do it will of course run a little more, in most cases. I have some friends that might be able to help us out. I trying every option I can here so lets hope this works. Monday should bring good news.

if you think a set of coated headers go for 800 bucks you wrong. a set of bbk headers for my cobra is 540 dollars coated. hooders are over rated and way to expensive for the amount of product that you are getting. before it gets said, i know plenty of people running bbks and they are a quility product.

this was directed to 2002wrxsti.

if you think a set of coated headers go for 800 bucks you wrong. a set of bbk headers for my cobra is 540 dollars coated. hooders are over rated and way to expensive for the amount of product that you are getting. before it gets said, i know plenty of people running bbks and they are a quility product.

this was directed to 2002wrxsti.

Once again I didn't pay that much, that is what they list at. They are a multi piece header the takes 2 cylinders around the frame and then rejoins to the collector.
CIMG0205.jpg

Lets see, a set of coated headers for a Mark from Kooks sells for how much? Do not tell me I'm wrong cause you found something cheaper cause there are plenty our there that cost even more and are only for stinkin 4 cylinders!

Yeah I know you can get things cheaper but 9 times out of 10 they are cheaper for a reason. Can you pick your primary and collector tube size? How much clearance is there to the ground and steering shaft? The BBK are a production part that is selling for a popular car to put headers in, the Mark ain't one of them.

I am trying to say headers ain't cheap to set up a production run and our car ain't gonna sell enough to make it worth while. IF and I mean IF there is a company out there that wants work enough to make a decent set of headers for out car for $500 or less yeah I would jump on it but I don't see it happening. Oh and to everyone else, China can make good stuff cheaper and in stainless. Unfortunately it's a fact now and we have to deal with it :(

for one kooks is also over priced. they want over a grand for the same header bbk sells for 540. i would never buy kooks unless i had to. its just a price thing. i agree with you on the other hand. it will me a little more expensive to buy the mark headers due to low production runs. but if it comes under a grand that is still better than what i was gonna due. i was gonna buy bbk cobra headers (540) and get them custom fitted to my mark (200-500).

i was gonna buy bbk cobra headers (540) and get them custom fitted to my mark (200-500).
Would that be better than just having a set custom made? I mean price wise at least cause then you would not have to reverse engineer to make em fit on top of the original price of the base header :confused:

Would that be better than just having a set custom made? I mean price wise at least cause then you would not have to reverse engineer to make em fit on top of the original price of the base header :confused:

thats what i was trying to say.that a custom set would still be cheaper if it came in under a grand. it will cost about a grand to modify the bbks including the purchase price of the header. i already had the rework priced. then i would have to have them sent out for coating.

Kooks went up that much? IIRC, I paid around 6 bills for mine from that Evanoff guy, and still thought they were a rip-off... much like he is.

yep.from late model resto.about 1100 bucks. thats for a 96 cobra.

Well like I was saying on price and quality from China. This is a video of the headers my sponsor gave me to run on my WRX. Things are in the $700 range coated inside and out. Weak as all hell and not stress relieved so they blew apart all over the place.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBzDadBwOmA
I just picked up a stainless set of equal lengths non coated but only $129! Can't wait to get them on and retuned to see what I can put down on the dyno and @ E-town.

wrx is a unique set up though as far as headers. i owned a 2002 wrx. my import experiment lol. i agree with you non the less.there is no replacement for quality. i always tend to pay more for my parts because of quality.

It is possible to get good quality from overseas manufacturers. It is also much cheaper. I still prefer to have my products made in the USA. Its just a lot harder finding good people to produce custom pieces at a fair price these days. But....There are still a lot of good people out there....and here:D .

Stainless is nice but it blues out and never looks as nice as new. You can ceramic coat, but then your just throwing money on money. I figure heavy gauge steel, ceramic coated might be the best option for price, and longevity. Our cars will fall apart before the jet hot fails. So we're looking at about $500+/- a little per set. Couple years guarentee on jet hot to boot. No fitment/install issues. I will need around 20 people to pay up front. Production will start in august. Yes there will be picks, sound bites of an installed system before money is collected. I think I'll have them do a full stainless exhaust system too. Mid pipes with crossovers will also be an option. Out of everybody I've spoken to, this seems to be the best combination of quality, cost, and product options(headers, mufflers, crossovers, all bolt on fully custom fit) from one manufacturer. I'll probably take on the prototype cost, unless a few of you want to help out early and I'll put that twards your payments? What do you all think? I like stainless, but after looking at costs, the small benefit over ceramic coated heavy gauge doesn't seem worth it. This is for all of us so lets here the opinions.:confused: Sure would be nice to have all these bolt on exhaust options and not need to worry about customizing everything just to make it fit.IMO.:D

Bolt on=all egr/stock emission hook ups will be there. Unless you guys don't want any. I'm sure that could be an option. Gen 1 and 2 egr locations are diff. right? That will be another option too. These will be polished ceramic in case that wasn't clear.

Members online

No members online now.
Back