Bumper is on! (and rear skirts)

reardone.jpg

reardone1.jpg

reardone2.jpg

Looks the same...

:lol:

Can't wait to see it finished.

I was waiting all day for this picture!
Have you decided where you will do the seem(s) for the roof to rear quarters yet?

I was waiting all day for this picture!
Have you decided where you will do the seem(s) for the roof to rear quarters yet?

I think you should follow the rain crease part on the roof into the rear window. Cover the seam with a thin piece of maybe gloss black. Make it kinda look as if it is supposed to be there.

Ohh yeaa,the Ls can definitely pull the matte look off and the smoked tails go great with the vinyl.Which grille are you going to put back on?

If there were a way to make the tails matte as well, to match the body.... yummm.

Oh and a side note... The fuel door will by far be the most difficult to wrap. Duh.

There is a way to make the tails matte if you spray them all you have to do is not put a clear coat on it and there you go you have matte. ;)

r u using a heat gun for the creases?? that would make things alot easier.

Hairdryer for sure... I am going to say it is impossible to wrap a car without some type of heating device.

I am actually going to redo the tails (the melted part kills me everytime I see it).

Going to do some type of pattern using either matte vinyl or the transparent vinyl I have, or combination of both. But that is minor stuff that can be done once the real wrapping is done.

Hairdryer for sure... I am going to say it is impossible to wrap a car without some type of heating device.

Ok good just makin sure your not making things harder on yourself. You can pick up a heat gun for like $15 at home depot or lowes.

And how did your tails melt??

I think you should follow the rain crease part on the roof into the rear window. Cover the seam with a thin piece of maybe gloss black. Make it kinda look as if it is supposed to be there.

Missed this one.

I am going to put the seam exactly where you mentioned, the fading lip on the roof into the rear glass area. Going to put it on the inside of that lip to maximize the inconspicuousness.

And yea I know heatguns are cheap, but this hairdryer works great, lol.

Yup. It sure does!

Possibly wrapping the new hood tonight. Still haven't gotten it outta the package.

Sorry boss looks like ass and you ruined your car...just send the whole car to me to me and start over...

j/k looks nice mang, I definitely don't have the patience to do this, cant wait to see it finished...great job so far. This man come off stupid but is there a way to do the roof and quarters all in one piece so as to not have a seem

j/k looks nice mang, I definitely don't have the patience to do this, cant wait to see it finished...great job so far. This man come off stupid but is there a way to do the roof and quarters all in one piece so as to not have a seem

most car vinyls come in widths of 48" or 60" and thats not enough to be able to wrap it all in one piece. i believe that andrizzle has the 60" maybe if he really wanted to test himself he could wrap the roof and try and split the rest of the vinyl down the middle but i dont no if that will even work. i have the 48" roll so i have no chance at even trying to do that. im even going to have a hard time wrapping my hood. gunna have to play with it a little to get it to work.

48"??? I don't think that is even enough for the hood to be seamless, or it's extremely close at the top.

Yea mine is 60". and that is a pretty wide piece of vinyl, anything more is getting ridiculous!

Car Looks great so far cant wait to see it complete!

Looks like the Bat-mobile with the middle of the spoiler missing.

48"??? I don't think that is even enough for the hood to be seamless, or it's extremely close at the top.

Yeah it is. its close though. The hood is wider than 48" but the length is shorter than 48" from bottom of grille to top of hood. ;)

Prepping the new hood for vinyl. That spot towards the middle was damaged in shipping where something sharp and pointed, literally pierced through the hood from behind. TOok a lot of work to get it as even as I could. Fixed little chips in the paint and some bent portions on the hood.

This hood is from a wrecked LS, but minimal hood damage. Honestly shipping hurt the hood more than the wreck.

hoodrepair.jpg

Why is there fi stickers on that blazer? Care to share?!

well, where i come from, that either means that you are a wanna-be or the real frickin deal.

that being said, i have seen on more than one occasion, a stock V6 mustang with a kenny bell or vortech sticker on the rear window.

That is my old school pathfinder. It was used to compete with, with various setups.

Members online

Back