My Bassani Hybrid Exhaust

What about the cats? (Which is actually what I'm more interested in)

They're Thunderbolt universal high flow 2.5" in and 2.5" out. Not sure of the part number but they are around $80ea. You'll have to have them welded in. I welded mine myself and it wasnt easy. And you have to get 4 oxygen sensor bungs from Jegs. 18mm thread IIRC

They're Thunderbolt universal high flow 2.5" in and 2.5" out. Not sure of the part number but they are around $80ea. You'll have to have them welded in. I welded mine myself and it wasnt easy. And you have to get 4 oxygen sensor bungs from Jegs. 18mm thread IIRC
I was thinking about getting the magnaflow universal cats since I want the magnaflow system. Only problem is I want 2.5" pipes and the kit is 2.25"...

I'm assuming its just a straight cat since its universal? No problems with the computer?

Hmmm, ok thanks guys.

perhaps I'll try with the resonators on first, like someone said, they can always be cut out later if not too loud. and the second comment was, that it's too loud for a Lincoln.

I myself, could do without the backfiring crackling and popping.

... "with" resonators it is.

I was thinking about getting the magnaflow universal cats since I want the magnaflow system. Only problem is I want 2.5" pipes and the kit is 2.25"...

I'm assuming its just a straight cat since its universal? No problems with the computer?

I meant to say the CATs were 2 1/4" in and out. Sorry for the mistake. I enlarged up to 2 1/2" right before my x-pipe.

FINALLY ... day off, on my way to the speedshop in town.
getting these bad boys installed, leaving the resonators on.

Tips and bumper cut-out are going to have to be an afterthought.
might get them to just tac in some down pipes which I can quickly
remove and then do the cut outs and bolt on some nice tips later.

May even ask them to just make me some from regular 2.5 SS and
spray them with black heat paint. (if they can do the cut outs for me)

Whoohooo WOT ... all the way to the shop.

Ok, well, that was a total waste of my time this morning.
didn't have 2.5 SS in stock, not enough demand for it,
yet on the phone, it was all, oh yeah, we have everything,
come on down ...

Also was told that the Bassani's are not 2.5 but 2.25

I'm checking on that now.

Glad it didn't get done there today, they were slow to move,
and started talking about reducers and clamps even though
we discussed "welding" over the phone.

I'll figure something out.

Ok, well, that was a total waste of my time this morning.
didn't have 2.5 SS in stock, not enough demand for it,
yet on the phone, it was all, oh yeah, we have everything,
come on down ...

Also was told that the Bassani's are not 2.5 but 2.25

I'm checking on that now.

Glad it didn't get done there today, they were slow to move,
and started talking about reducers and clamps even though
we discussed "welding" over the phone.

I'll figure something out.

The Bassanis said 2.5 on the box I think. I opened one to check it out and it looked like 2.5 but I didn't measure it.

yup, it's 2.5, the outlet side is a little smaller then the inlet side but it's not 2.25"
like this know-it-all was telling me today, started phoning around town looking for 2.25 SS,
yet told me over the phone they had everything I needed. Over prized the job as well.

I just told them, let me get out of here, doesn't sound like you want to do this today.

drove off ... got home, measured the Bassani and they are definitely 2.5"

yup, it's 2.5, the outlet side is a little smaller then the inlet side but it's not 2.25"
like this know-it-all was telling me today, started phoning around town looking for 2.25 SS,
yet told me over the phone they had everything I needed. Over prized the job as well.

I just told them, let me get out of here, doesn't sound like you want to do this today.

drove off ... got home, measured the Bassani and they are definitely 2.5"

sounds like you are lucky you got away safe :) By the way, some mufflers the internal flow tubes are 2 1/4 and the inlet/outlet sizes vary to match the piping and the internal stays the same 2 1/4. Not all muffler styles though, like flowmaster has chambers so does not apply there. I dought that is what they were talking about seeing as how knowledgeable they seem from your experience.

I just don't get this part of trying to talk me into using reducers and clamps going from 2.5" to 2.25"

Maybe I should just do the 7.5hr drive and go see KC in NJ ... LOL

2001 Lincoln LS V8 - YouTube

Sorry about the lack of quality, I need to get a better camera some day.

Stock Exhaust w/

- ASMI Aluminum Intake Tube
- Spectre 8145 MAF adapter
- Hite Performance CAI Heatshield
- K&N RF-1015 Universal Air Filter

Future Mod:

- 2.5" Stainless Steel cat back
- 2.5" magnaflow x-pipe (#10791)
- Bassani mufflers (#4820)

~ just messing around.

All these bassani's everywhere! I need to get me some!

Good luck finding a place to get the exhaust work done bigrig. Make sure you post video after it's all done, I wanna hear a Gen I with bassani's.

I just don't get this part of trying to talk me into using reducers and clamps going from 2.5" to 2.25"

Maybe I should just do the 7.5hr drive and go see KC in NJ ... LOL

HAHA... I dunno if the guy is that good... He is a niners fan which makes him jump up a few more points in my book :)

^^ Niners!! All day. Everyday!!!!!! Now you have struck a chord with me. My team since I was 8 years old and I am 41....42 this coming Friday.

^^ Niners!! All day. Everyday!!!!!! Now you have struck a chord with me. My team since I was 8 years old and I am 41....42 this coming Friday.

I'm like one of 6 niners fans in NJ so I love it. I went to the thanksgiving game last year in baltimore to watch us get our asses handed to us... BUT baltimore fans were honestly the best away fans I've ever been around. Very nice people. Going to the Jets game and the Chicago monday night game this year... heard bad things about Jets fans from KC himself. Said he got thrown out of a game in the third quarter last time they played in NJ. LOL! I flat out dropped to my knees and cried last year due to Kyle Williams, first time I cried as a man in about 8 years haha.

Members online

Back