My Bassani Hybrid Exhaust

So had my buddies OBD reader on it, was clear at first, no faults in data memory.
Strange, as it has flashed CEL on the dash several times.

Took him for a ride around the block to show him how it runs like sh*t since exhaust work.

Hesitation, bogging down at WOT ... managed to get the CEL to flash on the dash again.

Pulled code P0302, indicating a misfire on cylinder 2.

Hello COP's & Plugs.

also noticed, or at least he did, torque screw on top of Mass Airflow Sensor is loose
and able to pull upwards a bit, leaving a gap to the inside of the inner workings of the MAF

Strange part was, it was all running fine before the Bassani exhaust work.
Immediatly after the install of the exhaust, on the way home, noticed this hesitation.

It doesn't sound right at WOT ... like it's choking, not getting enough air or something.
Lack of power is the best way to describe it.

... Anyhow, i'll have to dig into the COP's and Plugs. just seems strange, it all comes right after having the Bassani's done ... and I mean right as I left the shop, (in the rain)

:: sighs

~ still gotta get some pics and a vid up but what's the point while it's running like this.

~ also, my tips stick out too far for my liking. I would have like them in a bit further but they are bumping into the mufflers already.

:: Cool

~ story

...bro

~ the Bassanis did it. Best remove them.

So had my buddies OBD reader on it, was clear at first, no faults in data memory.
Strange, as it has flashed CEL on the dash several times.

Hesitation, bogging down at WOT ... managed to get the CEL to flash on the dash again.

Pulled code P0302, indicating a misfire on cylinder 2.

Strange part was, it was all running fine before the Bassani exhaust work.
Immediately after the install of the exhaust, on the way home, noticed this hesitation.
:: sighs

Did they weld on the car with the battery hooked up? If so they may have roasted the PCM... I have an MSD box I roasted while welding subframe connectors on a guys Mustang many moons ago. I think I roasted a buddies OEM cobra processor on his '88 Turbocoupe 5.0 swap too but I always unhooked the battery after the MSD misadventure. It just ran weird, swapped in a A9L and it ran great.

I would swap your #2 COP with another and retest / verify the fault moved with the part before condemning the COP.

:: Cool

~ story

... bro

~ the Bassanis did it. Best remove them.

:: You are a f*cking idiot M4rk !!!

~ Best you get out of your Dad's basement soon and get a real life !!!

... Got anymore Photoshopped material for me ?

:: ~ ...

Did they weld on the car with the battery hooked up? If so they may have roasted the PCM... I have an MSD box I roasted while welding subframe connectors on a guys Mustang many moons ago. I think I roasted a buddies OEM cobra processor on his '88 Turbocoupe 5.0 swap too but I always unhooked the battery after the MSD misadventure. It just ran weird, swapped in a A9L and it ran great.

I would swap your #2 COP with another and retest / verify the fault moved with the part before condemning the COP.

Yes he did, he kept clamping onto the underbody frame somewhere,
even on the exhaust after the CATS ... and no, they did not disconnect battery cable.

I was wondering myself about this and was asking two of my buddies that work on cars for a living.

good idea about moving COP on #2 over and see if I get the P03 to follow along.

Thanks for that Jamie.

:: and that ... M4rk, is how a cool story ends Bro !!!

He troll plaqued me one night out of nowhere, for whatever reason I can't understand.

not that it matters ... besides, he can't help it,
he's SPECIAL and goes to school on the short yellow bus.

Alright, here it is as promised.

now it's a little on the rough side,
1) the footage is a mix from my BB and an older Kodak.
2) the LS has a slight misfire at times.

have a look anyhow, let me know what you think.

the lowered tips are starting to grow on me but will
get them shortened up a little later on.

2001 Lincoln LS V8 Bassani - YouTube

~ Please don't flame me for tearing down a gravel road with the LS.
~ The part where I jumped the rail road tracks is on the cutting room floor.

Big thanks to everyone who helped me out, specially Hite Performance for
forward shipping me the Bassani's when a canadian supplier couldn't honor
the web sale, that Bassani.com USA was having at the time.

is there some tension between you guys? or is it like a canadian insider? lol

As a former doctor at a mental institute, I have developed a strong dislike for people who exhibit behaviour similar to those of my former patients.

I would also expect a fellow Canadian to be a lot more polite and repress his anger more effectively, however I have realised you cannot expect much from refugees who have not yet accustomed to the Canadian culture.

3 words....ICE HOCKEY FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!!!!!!!!

Out of popcorn. Gonna have to go with a glass of Cranapple juice and a plate of breakfast food. Continue on. :)

BigRig, your's seems a lot louder than mine, lol. I have the mellow burble although it's grown some balls recently and I'm getting look as soon as the engine fires up.

Good show, even if it is in the gravel.

... however I have realised you cannot expect much from refugees who have not yet accustomed to the Canadian culture.

M4rk,

Once again, it is my opinion that you are a f*cking idiot !!!

1) I hail from Northern Europe, I'm Scandinavian to be excact, not a third world country and am not hiding in Canada like you stated.

2) We were invited by the Canadian Government to Canada due to a certain type of work. (before you were even hatched)

3) I'm a white person, 100% and twice your age. well educated to !

4) I'm not a refugee and actually am very familiar with the Canadian culture, ( since 1981 )

5) Get your facts straight, rather then assuming.

6) Jelousy won't get you anywhere, not even some real Bassani's.

7) Go f*ck yourself some more !

8) I'll reply to your PM next time I head towards the GTO area, perhaps you'll make the time ?

9) PM'ing me with BS like that isn't going to get you anywhere.

10) You just went down in my book several notched for calling me a refugee.

Man, are you ever "ignorant" !!! - as in "not well informed"

btw: in my video, you see white (large) knuckled hands turning the steering wheel.
so where do you come up with this refugee status crap ?

Sure, I suppose a white man could be a refugee, anything is possible.

I have a feeling you think that I am one of those Pakastani Drivers
that so many people in Toronto hate, is this correct ? this is your 12 year old thinking.

M4rk,
I'm done with you, I don't care how big you think your camera lenses are.
You are presenting yourself as a racist at this current time.

~ Now f*cking apologize, look up your family tree and realize something,
then grow up & get off the tit already. Your parents want their basement back !

Byeeeee Doctor !!! :: insert one finger salute here ::

oh ... and please, PM'ing me about "I'll hear from your lawyer"

Are you for real, seriously ?

You meant "your Dad's lawyer"

4ss wipe !!!

Just ordered a pizza. Anyone care for a slice? Already have cold beer.

but according to your vid description you don't have Bassanis...or do you? :confused:

I chose a set of Pype's for mine, similiar perf tube construction if memory serves, similiar dimensions so I was surprised at how much louder / raspier his sounds.

I'll take a slice of pizza if it has pepperoni on it.

<blah blah blah... essay snip>

Thank you kindly for that great essay. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and will be taken into consideration. Meanwhile, this is for you:

bigriglswtf.jpg

Members online

Back