New rims!!

soccer2live

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
well finally bought new rims for the ls. Fond metals.. im pretty excited to get them on! the car is torn apart at my brothers shop waiting on new brakes, rotors, struts, and finally lower the back. I will also be painting the calipers but i still cant decide what color i should paint them. The ls is silver. pictures coming up soon!

You got pete's rims?

Sweet. I say paint the calipers silver with either black "LS" or a black lincoln star logo.

Or you could do black calipers with white "LS" or white lincoln star. An added touch like this to a painted calipers brings out the wheels and new rotors a lot

no i found some in dallas and drove from houston to get em. Quite a drive but well worth it. I'm not sure why but i was thinking red or yellow. I guess it must be cause i want them to stand out more than the common black or white.

im not sure yet on what ill end up doing, i wish i could see more pics of what the ls's look like with colored calipers

i dont even want to tell you how much i paid for them.. haha.. so any advice on the calipers haha

On a more 'in your face' sort of sporty car I'd go louder with the calipers but on the LS it doesn't stand to reason so much. Gloss black with silver letters works pretty good.

lsdec2009northterra5.jpg

Rear....

lswvoxxmisanoandwilwood.jpg

i like the black look, but i have stock calipers. I dont think i have the money to upgrade my whole brake system lol. Yet i still want something that stands out more than just black.. i might just paint and repaint to try out diff colors.

On a more 'in your face' sort of sporty car I'd go louder with the calipers but on the LS it doesn't stand to reason so much. Gloss black with silver letters works pretty good.

lsdec2009northterra5.jpg

Rear....

lswvoxxmisanoandwilwood.jpg

Is that a real Wilwood big brake kit?

i like the black look, but i have stock calipers. I dont think i have the money to upgrade my whole brake system lol. Yet i still want something that stands out more than just black.. i might just paint and repaint to try out diff colors.

Can't wait to see the new pictures of the wheels on the LS. As for painting the calipers. I went with red. But I have an Autumn Red LS.:rolleyes: I do have stock calipers too.

LS brake 1.jpg

jesus... that is wayy over my budget lol.. i really do think my car brakes just fine!

As far as progress goes

took out my struts
removed calipers
painted rear calipers
bought brake pads

hopefully i will finish it by monday.. pictures will most likely be that day after a wash!!

brakesandgrilles001.jpg

brakesandgrilles004.jpg

I think I'm going to cover the red logo and make it bigger

I like the look! How did you make the Lincoln logo on them??

I the shop I sent them to get powdered coated baked them on. He said that was the biggest he could do it for I dont know what reason. I might just stick cover that up and stick a red decal over it.

I found these and will probably use them for the calipers. I alread got some for the center caps.You can order different sizes and colors.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-Li...Zp3286Q2em7QQcategoryZ6755QQitemZ250749218247

yeah, make it bigger and wrap it around from the side to the top?

That was a joke right? You wouldn't be able to see the whole logo :confused:

Why is there so many replies in a thread about new wheels, yet no photos from the OP.

THIS THREAD BITES

Members online

No members online now.
Back