Noooo! No more RWD from Ford??

Oh of course it is, it's hard to sell performance in a bad economy. But the 'stang is an icon, it's beyond that.

I'm so up for the new Jaguar XKR...those things are badass..ever Hammond on Top Gear would buy one over a Mercedes or BMW. And with low resale value..in a which you can get them cheap :-D
Don't forget the Jaguar XF :D that is one of the best vehicles Jaguar has ever built :) .

2009-jaguar-xf04.jpg

2009-jaguar-xf09.jpg

Last edited:
So they don't have a RWD replacement for the Crown Vic? I guess we'll see a lot more Charger cop cars in the future...

The Crown Vic, Charger, and Impala will all begin losing serious police car market share to the Carbon Motors E7 when it goes into production in 2012. Have you guys seen this thing? Check out www.carbonmotors.com. Unlike the Detroit 3's offerings, the E7 is PURPOSE-BUILT from the ground up as a law-enforcement vehicle. The cops are going to love this with its 300-hp, 420-lb-ft torque turbo-diesel and rear wheel drive giving them all of the performance and fuel economy. The suicide doors will make it pretty easy to get even the most uncooperative bad guy into the back seat. It's about time the cops had some decent equipment to do their thankless jobs. This is a great video clip:
http://www.carbonmotors.com/videos/5/Ours-is-Real

:burnout: :burnout:

I'll take that bet... EVERY performance car is RWD. Cheaper yes, but as of late that hasn't been a problem, there's no shortage of pop can cars out there. Better mileage, I doubt as well because we're not comparing apples to apples. You go and put the same technology into a RWD and I'll bet it's less than 5% difference. I'm not even going to talk about snow travel... my LS with a set of Winter Carvings on it will go better than my 06 Superduty 4x4 in the snow. It's my weapon of choice for snow bound fire calls. Problem is most people are too stupid to be out in the snow in the first place with half bald summer tires. With all the FWD pos's out there my winter drive time should be less than it was 10 years ago... it's not... it's worse.

Funny how GM is coming back to RWD....

The LS sucks in the snow. No RWD car will go threw more snow than a FWD car with the same tires. I have owned and tryed them ALL so don't try to tell me otherwise.

Yes FWD gets better mileage and always will. It is a simple matter of physics and inertia.

You've owned and tried ALL FWD and RWD cars... really?

I can think of a couple of RWD cars that will run circles around FWD cars in the snow... with similar tires...

Almost owned them all. If I haven't owned it I know someone with one and most likely rode in it threw the snow.

Lets hear those super RWD cars that can run circles around FWD cars in the snow.

Who owns Jaguar?:rolleyes: Will they go FWD?

Tata, an Indian car company known for really cheap, low quality cars.

Jaguar has since asked for a big loan/bail-out from the British.

Let's hope they stay RWD.

I know someone who constantly argues that FWD is the only way to go, and that's down here where it never snows. (I'm firmly on the RWD side of the argument.) I don't think it's an argument that either side can win. Just agree to disagree.

my biggest liking with RWD in the snow is its predictable. when your sliding in a FWD car and you start to skid, all bets are off. with RWD i know where its gonna go and how to correct for it. snow is fun i like to drift F350 crew cab duallys at work :D

I almost owned one of NASA's Space Shuttles... but that don't make me an expert on it. :D

Thats nothing like what I am saying. If it was everyone would own some type of space shuttle.

Still waiting on what the better RWD snow car is??? Do you even live where it snows?

my biggest liking with RWD in the snow is its predictable. when your sliding in a FWD car and you start to skid, all bets are off. with RWD i know where its gonna go and how to correct for it. snow is fun i like to drift F350 crew cab duallys at work :D

FWD is easy in a slide. Point the front wheels where you want to go and stay on the gas. I do admit that RWD is more fun in the snow.

Almost owned them all. If I haven't owned it I know someone with one and most likely rode in it threw the snow.

Lets hear those super RWD cars that can run circles around FWD cars in the snow.

Every car...every car ever made?

Your so :q:q:q:qing full of :q:q:q:q...

Have you driven or ridden in a, Cord 810, Duesenburg Model J, a Sunbeam Alpine, how about a Jaguar Mark 2?

lol, within reason guy. Boy some people take this stuff so literally. I am talking about the cars since the 80's more less.

However I am still interested in what these RWD cars are that are so great in the snow.

i drove a mid 90's BMW 325i??? as a loaner car with traction control and snow tires. i was doing 80 through the snow and ice didn't phase it a bit

my 97 tbird (v8 sport) was superb, dunno, dont ask it was great. but the added powa! of the mark makes it suck.
as for "point and shoot" FWD driving technique, some times that works
and kid i rode in a Sunbeam Tiger, same car as the alpine with a ford v8 in it :)

lol, within reason guy. Boy some people take this stuff so literally. I am talking about the cars since the 80's more less.

However I am still interested in what these RWD cars are that are so great in the snow.

So you made unreasonable claim and expect everyone reading to interpret your reason... lol

Regardless I'm gonna bust your balls about it.... :D

Give me just about any RWD car, put 500LBs of sand in the trunk, and let's go-a-racin in the snow against your FWD car. See who wins.

And the Veyron is a car made AFTER 1980... :)... by your definition, you've driven it?

Though, to be fair, the Veyron is AWD not RWD.

Wow, this is getting as bad as the autosocks thread-well almost.

FWD blows, nothing is special about it at all even in the snow.

Chicken is right. You get so much more predictability with RWD and can correct it. I took out a damn bus shelter once with a FWD cause of the snow. True story I did. Car sucked, it was my parents Neon. Tires were good and I wasnt doing anything out of the ordinary really just hit a bad spot and couldn't correct going down hill.

I agree, the LS blows in the snow but not once you get it out of the parking spot.......

If you got problems after that then its the driver that sucks!

Its a common myth FWD being good in snow. It really just handles asphalt better for not so experienced RWD drivers. Get a good driver in the car and front wheel is for girls:D

Give me just about any RWD car, put 500LBs of sand in the trunk, and let's go-a-racin in the snow against your FWD car. See who wins.

And the Veyron is a car made AFTER 1980... :)... by your definition, you've driven it?

Though, to be fair, the Veyron is AWD not RWD.

We have a track that we use all winter up here. Your welcome to come race any time you want. I would actually like a challenge out of a RWD car.

Just Bring your A game!

IMG_4699.jpg

DSC_1572e.gif

DSC_1758e.gif

Snowseeker, Aren't those AWD cars in the pictures? I have always liked RWD cars myself, but my next car whatever it might be will be AWD for sure.

Members online

No members online now.
Back