Supercharged Ls V8

view down the throat (first pic is before, then the next two are after)...

MP 5 (Small).JPG

MP 8 (Small).JPG

MP 9 (Small).JPG

I have also started 'rebuilding' the snouts of the M90 Eaton, assuming that most of us will buy ours used... I though I should learn how to do it.

I created a 30+ page document on how to replace the bearings, seal and oil - but it's too big to post here.

if you are doubting that we are serious about building kits....

here is a pic of the units that I purchased in the past 30 days, rebuilt their snouts, and are ready to go.....

DSCF1934 (Small).JPG

StinkinLinkinLS01 said:
Whats up with some pics, some stats, videos, ANYTHING.

I hope you understand.

I am a director by profession - so I travel 3 weeks a month and have only Saturdays to progress on this project.

I am an engineer by trade - so I am slow and meticulous on what I do.

I understand you are impatience - it's been a long time. However - I have to make sure this works...... most of us use our LSes as daily drivers. So emissions, mileage and reliability are all factors here.

StinkinLinkinLS01 said:
You've been saying things are running fine for months now and haven't gotten so much as a pic.

Well - if you read this thread - I have posted more pics than anyone - ever. I posted pics of my issues and successes.

StinkinLinkinLS01 said:
It would be HUGE for the LVC.com website and all its members.

I always find this type of comment interesting. You take it upon yourself to represent the LvC community but have not paid the mere $$s to become an actual member..... how do you feel you have the right to represent? I am a prominent member of a web-site many feel is in competition - yet I pay and am a gold member.

StinkinLinkinLS01 said:
Quik, I know you and I don't get along but I'm still interested in the SC project.
Honestly, after seeing how you deal with issues - the XCal tune thread, and your multiple trannie blew up (Torrie did it - maybe not) threads - I am very concerned about my ability to deliver a SC kit that will not fall to the same fate....

You brag about 'you race more than anyone on this site'...... then your trannie has an issue and you blame the XCal tunes.... then you post maybe it wasn't the XCal....

I would be CRAZY to work with you on a SC kit that adds 80-100hp to your LS. the slightest issue - you'll post, cry and blame.....

I have worked through many, many issues. If I did not want to do it - I should not be upset.

not trying to rag on you StinkinLinkinLS01 - so please do not take these comment negatively - your post has a 'call you out' tone to it and I have no issue with that.... I have been driving a Supercharged LS to work for the last 90 days.

What have you done to your LS in the last 90 days?

Well said.

Seriously Quik that is ALOT of hard work and driving it daily must be a blast.

I don't think you'll have to worry about the future buyers being the same ones that have the love/hate relationships with their cars. If those guys had the money it'll take to put one on their LS, they'd ditch their LS in a minute for something else, and then complain about it.

Hahaha. Unfortunately I imagined that you would be offended. I never said I represented the "LVC crowd"...but I don't that makes my statement false. I purchased a Camaro to play with so I have done nothing to my LS in the last 90 days. I really don't care about the SC, I would never put one on my car unless I had the money, and if I did, I would probably break it, as will most people. I do believe you are serious and hope you didn't post all the pics just to "prove it". I really hope you wouldn't send years posting things if it wasn't true. I believe you have an SC on your car but why not post videos or anything. You have a video camera readily available and it would take you less than 20 minutes. Tops.

BTW. Obviously gixxerboi and I were on the same page along with MANY MANY others. Not just me. No need for the cocky attitude though.

At least my post worked. I knew someone had to light a fire under your ass in order to see some updates. hahahahahaha.

P.S. After you spend years developing this supercharger "kit" for the LS only to realize no one really has the $8,000 to pay for it and that marketing the "kit" really is NOT pheasable I hope driving a supercharged LS that you and I both know will last no more than a year or two on your 2002 will be worth all that hard work you put in to the project.

I know you have fun doing it, or at least I would hope so. It just seems like the project has hit a "reality bump". I wish you the best of luck. I just think the day that SC kit goes on the market is a long, long way off - if ever.

If it was me and I worked that hard and that long fabricating and testing a supercharger to work on my LS while keeping hundreds - even thousands of people anxiously waiting I would be kind enough to post some videos of a working SC when supposedly the thing has been "running strong for 90 days". That's just me, maybe I'm crazy.

Are people really going to pay $8,000 for an extra second in the 1/4 when they could pay $700 for a 150 shot of n2o with all the bells and whistles, have far less problems, AND run 13.2s in the 1/4 all day? Do you think the supercharged LS will run 13.2s with 330HP? HAHA.

Don't get me wrong. I am not taking anything away from Quik's work, his car, the LS, or any of that. I'm just trying to take a little air out of Quik's big head and voice my opinion like so many others are afraid to do for fear of public humiliation.

I think this should be read or even read again to remind people what this forum is for:

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=233

I like being a member and by reading intelligent arguments they can be helpful, but flaming, attacking and bickering is ridiculous. People have stopped posting in this forum because of being attacked. This is not being directed to any one person because this happens across all of the threads by multiple members.

:Beer

Like Rodney King said: "Why can't we all just get along?"

:L

StinkinLinkinLS01 said:
At least my post worked. I knew someone had to light a fire under your ass in order to see some updates.
For a guy who says "I really don't care about the SC, I would never put one on my car unless I had the money, and if I did, I would probably break it", you sure do post a lot about not getting any updates.

"I like being a member and by reading intelligent arguments they can be helpful, but flaming, attacking and bickering is ridiculous. People have stopped posting in this forum because of being attacked. This is not being directed to any one person because this happens across all of the threads by multiple members."

Midas78 I fully agree with that statement. This sounds like the start of a knock down drag out street fight. I understand that everyone has their bad days, and everyone has their certain "button(s)" that get pushed. We all do need to vent from time to time. I know nobody asked for my 2 cents, but I just wanted to say what I did. And I can see both sides of the arguement.

There is no argument, no 'sides'. I am working on my project, posting updates when I can. The fact that is not good enough for StinkinLinkinLS01 - why would I care?

I do not owe StinkinLinkinLS01 anything - regardless of his adolescent posturing. He will post more and more, posture and posture - who cares? All it does it ruin good threads.

Have you spun the rollers with it yet? As far as using the SCT are you using a handheld or the PC software a dyno facility would have? How hard was using the factory electronics under a boosted application?

not yet - booked and canceled twice do to last minute work travels. I have to book in advance since Torrie wants to come up and help tune it personally, I have to give home some lead time to travel.

I am using the SCT to datalog the various sensors with the added wideband O2 sensor (decribed a couple of pages back) - to get the real A/F mix, then send the log to Torrie and get a new tune back.

I use a g-tech pro competition to gauge improvements for now.

The factory PCM has been working fine - it obviously does not understand boost, so unlike a OE setup - we have to program much of the tuning to react with 'open loop' flags, load, throttle position, ...and MAF counts.

T_Man said:
For a guy who says "I really don't care about the SC, I would never put one on my car unless I had the money, and if I did, I would probably break it", you sure do post a lot about not getting any updates.

I never said I wasn't interested in the project. All this is an observation in my eyes. I don't really have any personal grudge against Quik. That's just silly. Quik would like to say the same about me but I think he does have a grudge against me, he seems to remember just about every post I've ever had. Things weren't bad until I had the conflict with Torrie so I know Quik's opinions of me are very biased.

I have no reason to dislike Quik. I'm just sick of seeing him abandon the 18-page thread he basically started for 2-3 weeks at a time returning only to respond to a curious member's post now and then, always assuring everyone all is well and that she is running strong. HELLO! We'd like to see it! It's similar to taunting a starving man with steak. I wouldn't really care that much if I hadn't been following thread for over a year now, as most others have as well...

In the days of technology that is what we are all here for. The goods. And again, my point about the kit costing you $8,000 for an extra 80-100 HP is very, very disconcerning to me in terms of the kit being a viable option to anyone other than the most extreme LS enthusiast with $8,000 to spare. I can only imagine how much Quik has spent...

I can't wait to see the 1/4 mile numbers on this. I would be surprised to see the Quik's LS go from 14.8 to anything below 13.8 with an extra 80-100HP. I'm no rocket scientist so I may be wrong, that's just my opinion.

And Quik, don't get me wrong, you've always done an incredible job, far better than anyone in terms of documenting your progress and showing everyone "the goods" and I, as well as many others on this site I'm sure, thank you for that. Obviously we wouldn't even be speaking of this if it weren't for you but c'mon now. It just seems now that you've supposedly had it "running strong for 90 days" you've posted less and less and shown little to no proof that the thing actually "runs strong". The pic you posted is very similar to the one posted months ago and the other pics are just parts. Seems like a waste of time to post that nonsense if the thing is all ready running strong. Let's hear it, let's see it, let's get some data.

QUIK - If there is one thing you respond to in this entire message please, let it be this. What are you waiting for? Why have you waited three months to post any videos or to get a dyno tune or to take her to the track? I know ur busy and you claim to travel often but at the same time you said, "I drive a supercharged LS to work EVERYDAY."

you'd think you could remember to bring the video camera one of these times...

StinkinLinkinLS01 said:
BTW. Obviously gixxerboi and I were on the same page along with MANY MANY others.

Don't include me in that bunch. Speak for yourself...and yourself only.

StinkinLinkinLS01 said:
And by the way, where is the QuikLS fanclub website?

The line starts right here. I thought you would have figured that out by now. Grow up and take your childish, bruised ego someplace else.

By the way Stinkin, you can figure about 13 hp per pound of boost. That's a good number to use. But the torque gain is unbelievable. The car will be so much more fun and enjoyable to drive around on the street. 1/4 mile times aren't everything.

StinkinLinkinLS01 said:
I really don't care about the SC, I would never put one on my car unless I had the money, and if I did, I would probably break it, as will most people.
That is your quote.
The way you keep flip-flopping says that you have a future in politics.
Besides, what business is it of ours anyway?

Quick is doing this project on his own (with the help of a few others), with his own money, on his own time, at his own pace. Why do you care if he tells you about it or not? The fact that he is willing to share any of his experiences on this project with us (both the good and the bad) is a testament to Quick's outstanding character.

If this SC project is not proceeding fast enough for you... well that's just too bad. But then... You really don't care about it anyway, right?

Thanx guys - don't let him get to you.... It's easy naming yourself critic and throwing your opinion on the internet - much harder to add value. Remember he is young.

The fact is - since I been on the road I have to worry about a couple of things:
- reliability, making sure it can handle the stop and go traffic on a hot texas day, make sure all my assumption about belt placement, coolant re-routing, and vacuum lines are correct. And I've made adjustments.
- that I can pass emissions testing, no point in building something I can't drive
- and I added a wideband permanently to the car so I can drive-log-tune

Once everything is fine - then I'll tune up for power and play with that. Right now I have the timing retarded and the fuel mix very fat - nice and safe. I 've done several WOT runs, logged and Torrie sends me a new file. It's people like you that keep me from posting anything until it's complete - simply because you'll bash on it for not being perfect.

so getting some miles on it before putting my foot into it is the only smart thing to do - I know you do not understand this - but it's not your car or your project.

I agree it's taking too long, but there a way to show interest and support the project and a way to be a kid about it. The fact is my company is on a acquisition spree that started a month after my project - so I have not been able to take the two weeks off in a row that I need.

Aaron - take a risk - do something that many say can't be done - and let us critic you, and hurry - it's taking you too long. ;)

Smokey said:
How do you like the g-tech pro Quik?

it's good. short of going to the track - it's one of the few tools that can objectively tell you if you improved things. Too many times things are louder, things 'seem' better - the the G-tech hits you with the numbers and facts are facts.....

I had mine at the track a few times and was able to adjust it until it was reading what my actual timeslips were - so I feel pretty confident it's close...

Your launch and how level the road is makes a big difference to how it reads.

is was money well spent in my opinion.

Members online

No members online now.
Back