Supercharged Ls V8

jolinc01 said:
any ideas/goals on what the boost might end up being once everything is final?

not really sure. starting with a 4 - 5 psi range. if all looks good we will move up to 7 - 8 psi - I already have three steps of pulleys waiting to try. I have a laser heat gun to test the effeciency of the intercooler setup. the limiting factor is the 10.55:1 compression the engine is ready at.

as far as hp - again - the NOS guys are able to add another 100shot for 13sec hits.... so that's the high water mark now.

I can take the criticism. I expected it when I decided to challenge the expertise of someone such as quik. Like I said, I do appreciate what he has done. Don't just highlight my critisizm, look at the positives in what I wrote too because it wasn't just "brainless bashing". In any sense, I'm entitled to my opinion, no reason for everyone to turn on me because of my opinion. I think Quik should post a video of his supercharged LS. Is that so wrong to ask after like almost two years of following this thread? I would put the supercharger on my LS IF I had the kind of money that that job is going to cost. You see, if I did it, it wouldn't be for 1/4 mile times because like I all ready said, it won't be much faster than high 13s anyways. I agree it would be fun to drive, ALOT of fun to drive. It would also be a lot of fun to watch, a lot more than hearing Quik brag about how he drives his supercharged LS to work everyday teasing everyone who is actually interested in seeing some numbers. I don't care what 2001LS8 says, anyone who reads this thread would be interested in some numbers especially once they hear the SC has been "running stong for 90 days..." Right?

I guess I'm just an immature, impatient, ungrateful little b*st*rd. ;0) hahaha.

Quik I just want to say keep up the good work.

thanks

LLOYD

StinkinLinkinLS01 said:

Aaron - I have tried over and over to give you a graceful way out of this thread - there is no fight, no disagreement - none. Demand what you want, be a jerk - whatever....continue to embasse yourself here. It's tough being 20.

You have your facts wrong - it's been 1 year not 2. The kit will be about $4500 not $8000 - but you would know this if you actually read this thread.

Behind the keyboard it is easy asking, demanding, posturing. Not really a car guy - but I guess you are really best at POSING - right?

The title of your MySpace pic says it all - "No...not trying to be cocky"

aaron.jpg

Worst picture ever. You not only forgot your shirt, your pants are unbuttoned. Let Lou do his thing, the guy's got a full time job and I'm sure he's more intent on getting it done faster than you are. I could run a 200 shot on my LS and then it would blow up. The reliablility of this project far outweighs the horsepower numbers, because this will be the first reliable S/C LS project. I think even the prototype S/C LS was sold with the supercharger in the trunk.

lloydrage said:
Quik I just want to say keep up the good work.

thanks

LLOYD

I quote that. You've come a heck of a long way with this project man. The car looks amazing, and I can't wait to see some numbers after you get the tuning done. Tuning is probably the most stressful part in creating an engine, and this is pretty much the same thing.

We can officially call you a Gearhead.

Quik LS said:
Aaron - I guess you are really best at POSING - right?

The title of your MySpace pic says it all - "No...not trying to be cocky"
Dude..... Nice Rack!!

(hanging on the wall behind you)

aaron.jpg

LOL... That was mean Quick, but funny a hell!
You always have to be careful what you post to the web I guess...

StinkinLinkinLS01 said:
It would also be a lot of fun to watch, a lot more than hearing Quik brag about how he drives his supercharged LS to work everyday teasing everyone who is actually interested in seeing some numbers. I don't care what 2001LS8 says, anyone who reads this thread would be interested in some numbers especially once they hear the SC has been "running stong for 90 days..." Right?

He is not teasing anyone. He is not bragging. As Yogi Berra once said, it's not bragging if you can do it. We are patient. None of us would buy a haf baked kit that would cause a burned piston or worse. Considering he has a career and a family he has done an amazing job.

You on the other hand are just a stupid/kid/TROLL and need to grow up, be a man and get a life. Also quit shaving your chest (or is it that you don't really have anything to shave?)

Kelleyo,
Just noticed your sig. How do you like the Magnaflows also, which 4" Magnaflow tips do you have? Do you have a picture of the tips on the car?

Smokey said:
Kelleyo,
Just noticed your sig. How do you like the Magnaflows also, which 4" Magnaflow tips do you have? Do you have a picture of the tips on the car?

Yep here are the tips:

surround.jpg

Lou...who is that handsome devil in that pic there? Must be some sort of Armani model...hahaha...

Quik had to have spent about 20 minutes searching the web for something to use on me. Childish?? Kind of...but more importantly...thats just sick...a little...just a little bit funny...

It doesn't bother me at all really, I wouldn't have allowed my GF to post the pic on my page if I was worried about what people would think or say. You see that guy in that pic? Truth is it looks a whole lot better than 95% of the wrinkly overweight old men on this forum. I'm sure everyone on here has a pic with their shirt off somewhere...luckily for you I'm not pathetic enough to look for it...

Hey Quik...if you need help with the whole sexuality thing...here is a website I think you'll find useful:

http://www.graygay.com/

Hahaha. It's all fun and games....good laughs. I'm glad Lou spent that much time looking for that pic...shows me he really really cares...:D

Dont worry about it quick like i told you on sccoa (95MustangSC) you need help let me know some idiots just dont understand the difficulties of adding the mn12 setup on cars not meant for it. I know what your going through you know that and i will go to bat for you on that my kit cost me a ton of money and even more time spent creating it. just let me know if you need the help anytime bro. later

quik nice work on the SC kit on the car maybe we should arrange an LS meet once its done cause i've seen about 4-5 other LS owners by ATX or SA area, and maybe hit up some of the texas roads. but keep up the good work man, i know how hard it is, to go away from the norm thing and build something different

Aaron - I'd stick with your first version of that post (remember we all get e-mailed) before you edited it.

StinkinLinkinLS01 said:
Posted: 10/21/06 9:27pm CST
It doesn't bother me, looks a whole lot better than 95% of the pathetic old men on this forum...

classic :Beer

Bodyshield said:
quik nice work on the SC kit on the car maybe we should arrange an LS meet once its done cause i've seen about 4-5 other LS owners by ATX or SA area, and maybe hit up some of the texas roads. but keep up the good work man, i know how hard it is, to go away from the norm thing and build something different

that would be great fun. There are a couple of other LS owners in Austin that meet for lunch every once in a while - be a nice parking lot full of LSes where ever we would stop for 'refreshments'.

StinkinLinkinLS01 said:
Hey Quik...if you need help with the whole sexuality thing...here is a website I think you'll find useful:

http://www.graygay.com/

I'm not about to click on this but...it makes me wonder how you came across this one... Is this appealing to you?

hey quick,

is their any way to fab up or buy a head gasket that is a little taller than stock?
If so, this could possibly help you get your compression down to a safer level. I don't even know if they exsist. just a suggestion.

yep - we looked into it - not that we think we need it yet - but 'just in case'.

of course - nothing exists aftermarket. so either glue two together or custom build some.....

hope we never need them...

Wasn't there something you could do in regards to headers to lower compression?

I don't think so - I believe headers will only reduce back-pressure and improve overall flow - allowing you to move the torque curve up (or down) the rpm range.

to change the compression within the cylinder - you would have to do something within the combustion camber itself.

ive got to say the way to get info on this SC is to go away for a couple of weeks, come back and there are 50 new posts in this thread. stinkin, we all want to know whats going on with Lou's project but we cant be a dick about getting info from him. quik, i have to agree, we do need another video at some point. and when (if) you get ready to do the 3.0, you know who to come to for a guinea pig.

Members online

Back