Supercharged Ls V8

agreed.

Enough ragging on StinkinLinkinLS01 - it's actually a shame that another LS owner in Austin and I can't hook up on the projects.... (and I share the blame)

just for the record - it's sitting outside my office window right now....

IMAGE_00046 (Small).jpg

Quik LS said:
agreed.

Enough ragging on StinkinLinkinLS01 - it's actually a shame that another LS owner in Austin and I can't hook up on the projects.... (and I share the blame)

just for the record - it's sitting outside my office window right now....
Are you parked in a Handicapped parking place? I'm calling the ADA!! :N

GrayGhost1 said:
Are you parked in a Handicapped parking place? I'm calling the ADA!! :N
Naaaaaaa.... It just means nobody will ever park next to him on the driver side.
:D

Hey Lou! Give me a call... I'll fly down there and hold your beer for you while you're workin!
:Beer

Lou i will tell you right now as if you didnt know fropm the sc forums but free your exhaust up completely. my mustang has larger headers no cats 2 1/2 pipes all the way back but that still wasnt enough to prevent the headgasket from going lol well then again i was running 15lbs on stock internals with 150,000 miles lol oh well time to rebuild

Don't mention the forced induction 3.0, thats my project for when I finish college a second time...

carefull with the set up quick my mustang was running 10:1 compression with the same set up and blew a head gasket but then again your boost level is alot lower so you should have no problem IMO

Quik.

Im new here, just found this place the other day when looking for exactly what you seemed to be working on. A Supercharger for my 2000LS. I have been reading backwards out of the anticipation to see the finished progress & I see you mentioned a possible price tag of 4500 dollars. Id just like to say, Id pay it. Would be a damn nice addition to an already damn nice car.

MAN!!! I've been gone for awhile and hadn't seen the finished product yet. Outstanding work Lou!!! You must have engineering in your blood.

Very nice pic Lou...the intercooler does look very definitive and menacing. I'm not trying to bash ya...just really interested in seeing more pics and some actual stats thats all. I know no one else is in too much of a hurry but I'm all about performance so I of course wanna know what that thing runs and what its dyno sheet says! Again Lou...excellent work thusfar...keep the pics coming! Just like your sig says...

more, more, more...

p.s.

Couldn't you have at least done us the curtousy of stepping outside for the pic?

Those blinds suck!

HAHA. just kidding...

StinkinLinkinLS01 said:
Couldn't you have at least done us the curtousy of stepping outside for the pic?

Those blinds suck!

here is a more recent pic (last weekend) taking pics for the 2007 LLSOC calendar....

Car Front (Medium).jpg

hey guys i haven't been doing too much with forums lately, actually its been about a year. i remember when you first started talking about the sc on llsoc, glad to see the progress. i cant wait to have one on mine if all goes well! thanks for the hard work!

Alright, I have to throw in my two cents now... First of all... Ive been looking into superchargeing my LS since I bought it almost three years ago and Quick is one of the VERY few people that have had the ballz to try to tackle the project. I got on here today hoping to here about some more progress, but no, I had to skim through almost three pages of un-LS supercharger related garbage. Please people, if your going to post, try to stay on the topic, and take the flaming somewere else.

And for the record, Quick has been one of the most knowledgeful people Ive run across when it comes to the LS. As far as Im concerned, he can take all the time he needs to get everything to his likeing.

And as for him needing to spend more time posting things like video and audio clips here to appease us... Im sure he would if he was some punk @ss kid whom didnt have a job or a family to spend his time with.

Well anyways, Quick, Keep up the good work, and as always, I look forward to hearing about your progress with the project.

Lou, I was just curious to see how it drives such as traction, how the tranny is holding up, etc.

Here's a good question. How fast is the supercharged LS? I know everyone hates me for asking' but c'mon now...I know you are all curious. I just wanna know...how fast is it? How much HP does it make? Something?! If the car has been running strong for 4 months I figured for sure Quik woulda been just as excited as me to see some stats on his work...

KD00LS said:
Lou, I was just curious to see how it drives such as traction, how the tranny is holding up, etc.

Good question - I've been going easy on it - sort of - until I can get a whole week without throwing a CEL. I am hoping to get a good tune for a week, pass my inspection - then start hammering on it.

I've just finish my valve cover gaskets - that was a huge job - as we documented in other threads. I had two spark plug wells top full of oil.

This long weekend I'm not traveling so I hopefully should move the needle on this.

StinkinLinkinLS01 said:
I figured for sure Quik woulda been just as excited as me to see some stats on his work...

do you actually think you are more anxious than me? for god's sake - do not start this childishness again.

Quik LS said:
Good question - I've been going easy on it - sort of - until I can get a whole week without throwing a CEL. I am hoping to get a good tune for a week, pass my inspection - then start hammering on it.

I've just finish my valve cover gaskets - that was a huge job - as we documented in other threads. I had two spark plug wells top full of oil.

This long weekend I'm not traveling so I hopefully should move the needle on this.

Don't work on Thanksgiving bro.

Quik LS said:

Raises the question on the durability of stock gaskets and such. I wonder if boosting the motor will cause problems down the road like this.

Again, another important reason for long-term testing and not simply throwing it all together and just slamming on the car... especially to please the immature :rolleyes:

Quik LS said:
do you actually think you are more anxious than me? for god's sake - do not start this childishness again.

When all you have is a hammer... everything becomes a nail.

mholhut said:
Raises the question on the durability of stock gaskets and such. I wonder if boosting the motor will cause problems down the road like this.

Again, another important reason for long-term testing and not simply throwing it all together and just slamming on the car... especially to please the immature :rolleyes:

yep - I don't know if I always had the issue (like most early LSes) or if I am generating excessive crankcase pressure..... I reviewed all the lines - no boost is getting into the vavle covers.

The other issue that is ever present with supercharged or turboed vechiles is the blow-by from the PVC venting. When I had the intake off for the valve cover job I did notice more than normal (not excessive) amount of oil from the two PVC vent tubes.

I will be installing some catch cans - hopefully this weekend if the parts come in today.... Mike - you still running your catch can?

I never made one... but I was thinking it would be a good idea in your case, especially now. I hope your head gaskets hold out too.

Members online

No members online now.
Back