The results of 4 hours of detailing

mlara1129

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I was driving around in my freshly clean LS, and i was noticing some head turning. Until finally, a guy in front of me, asks me to pull up next to him and tries to trade me his Mercedes truck, for my LS.

Finally some pics:
DSC01643.jpg

DSC01649.jpg

Obviouysly it doesn't look as good anymore, its been 3 days, and almost 150 miles

I was just joking I know the feeling, every time I detail her she shines and everyone is rubber necking as the saying goes

I'm with the guys, 4 hours of detailing and no pics? If I spent 4 hours on my baby I would atleast snap one pic, maybe even go pic crazy trying to capture that raw beauty

I'm with the guys, 4 hours of detailing and no pics? If I spent 4 hours on my baby I would atleast snap one pic, maybe even go pic crazy trying to capture that raw beauty

point well taken, i guess i was so hypnotized by the beauty, i just forgot lol...will take plenty tomorrow.

Some folks just do not worry about that sort of thing. I am always taking pictures of anything and everything...but have spent a whole weekend detailing without ever stopping to snap a photo.

I spent a full week wetsanding and polishing my car, and took photos, but I didn't feel like I took enough.

TTIWWP, so I'll add a couple of the wetsand I did:

Nasty orange peel:
IMG_5616.jpg

taped off, and wetsanding:
IMG_5622.jpg

IMG_5631.jpg

IMG_5646.jpg

IMG_5647.jpg

After the first round of polishing. Mirrorlike?
IMG_5676.jpg

IMG_5666.jpg

After a coat of Dodo Juice Supernatural. Note the clarity in the reflections in the paint:
IMG_5865.jpg

IMG_5870.jpg

If it was black you wouldn't be able to tell. It's polished so perfectly, it would just be the color of whatever it was parked next to. lol.

That looks good Pete, real good. Until the other guy gets pics it is totally appropriate to hijack.:lol:

I got both ball joints replaced, clockspring fixed, new sway bar bushings, and a new windshield. I am back and ready for the streets. I did a simple wash last night and then it rained this morning. :( For 200 plus miles my check engine light stayed off and then went on again. That is the longest time it has stayed off. I am not going to fix that problem. I need to start taking some more pictures like yourself.

Nice. What's the code for the CEL?

And yes, take more pics!

what is the orange peal effect? Is it the quality of the original paint job or a deterioration of the paint?

Original paint job. A lot of cars from the factory come with this problem. You see it a lot in paint shops too.

I spent a full week wetsanding and polishing my car, and took photos, but I didn't feel like I took enough.

TTIWWP, so I'll add a couple of the wetsand I did:

Nasty orange peel:
IMG_5616.jpg

taped off, and wetsanding:
IMG_5622.jpg

IMG_5631.jpg

IMG_5646.jpg

IMG_5647.jpg

After the first round of polishing. Mirrorlike?
IMG_5676.jpg

IMG_5666.jpg

After a coat of Dodo Juice Supernatural. Note the clarity in the reflections in the paint:
IMG_5865.jpg

IMG_5870.jpg

like how the thread got high jacked by pektel lol

Members online

No members online now.
Back