What did you do to your LS today?

I wonder what it's like to not be a real cop. Like what do you do, go home and when your wife asks you how was your day do you take a long drag off a cigarette and say "Made a guy take his window tint off...so you know...pretty much saved the world. State or local if you don't mind me asking. The whole suspicion of still having tint on your front windows is indeed a load of crap, and typically I'd say fight that but it looks like you would just be getting pulled over again.

I am sorry, but not surprised to hear this. Ohio and Virginia are some downright nazis.

The guy was a local officer. My local department around here is the biggest joke. They fund the entire city with equipment and traffic violations. During the interaction I told him he had zero reason to have pulled me over, and he told me he would just write me a ticket since my back windows were all too dark (no such law even exists). Then when I asked him why I could go buy an Escalade down the street with back windows just as dark from the factory, he had no answer for me....

Let's see I finished up the drivers side rear knuckle and brakes, the passenger side brake on the other hand....I actually had to leave and sit here for awhile till I cool off...the caliper piston just won't go in!!!! AHHHH!!!!

You are screwing it in clockwise, correct? You also have the brake tool?

Welp..I am now 1 right rear caliper away from my wheels back on the ground now...stoopid car.

The guy was a local officer. My local department around here is the biggest joke. They fund the entire city with equipment and traffic violations. During the interaction I told him he had zero reason to have pulled me over, and he told me he would just write me a ticket since my back windows were all too dark (no such law even exists). Then when I asked him why I could go buy an Escalade down the street with back windows just as dark from the factory, he had no answer for me....

Not surprising when you consider the whole mindset with policing in Ohio is twisted.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Rome,_Ohio
http://www.nytimes.com/1998/01/22/us/44-officers-are-charged-after-ohio-sting-operation.html

My state counterparts in Ohio strictly enforce traffic laws... an entire state police force of 1600 working officers, just for traffic. They actually lose their jurisdiction once they depart state highways. Since they are the most senior law enforcement agency in the state, smaller departments strive to emulate them, thus you get city officer I. R. Douchebag writing you tickets on the assumptions you have tinted fronts and to make it worse, he doesn't even understand the law he is enforcing.

Lord this kind of **** makes me mad. One state below, I promise you things are entirely different. First and foremost, we don't profit from tickets, and quotas are non existent. Lot's of warnings, and you have be the most offensive cock for me to give you an infraction that results in points on a license. This is not the exception either.

I apologize that you have to deal with this kind of crap. Your LS is, in my mind anyway, one of the prime examples of just how excellent an LS can look and the tint really sets it off.

...the caliper piston just won't go in!!!! AHHHH!!!!

Maybe silly question but you did remove the lid/cap from the brake fluid container so when you push in on the caliper is has somewhere to release the pressure ?

Maybe silly question but you did remove the lid/cap from the brake fluid container so when you push in on the caliper is has somewhere to release the pressure ?

Yeah...the drivers side went right in, the passengers side is toast....need to get a new one today....after doing new wheel bearings on both sides and shocks, 1 brake caliper has to give me the trouble....haha

Nice +1 on the Jag Thermostat housing upgrade.

we got in to the thick of it on this page here: http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/forum/showthread.php?88570
towards the bottom, there is plenty of info on upgrading to the Jaguar Thermostat Housing.

You are going to need that "special" wrench to get to the two back bolts. Telling you now, she's tight.

Thanks for the info Big, I read up on the housing install. I got the back bolt with a regular 5/16 wrench. Wasn't easy but i managed.

Oh, and the Jag housing comes with both gaskets. No need to buy a thermostat gasket if you do the upgrade.

Got the Sentas put on today. Words of wisdom: driving as little as a couple hundred feet, regardless of speed, will chew up the sidewall of your tire if it's flat. Most of you guys already knew that though.

Thanks for the info Big, I read up on the housing install. I got the back bolt with a regular 5/16 wrench. Wasn't easy but i managed.

Oh, and the Jag housing comes with both gaskets. No need to buy a thermostat gasket if you do the upgrade.

I actually already did do the Jag housing upgrade and I ended up with an extra gasket meant for the OEM stat so I used it instead.

Just added a quart of mobil 1. What's the typical oil consumption between changes?

I still have a couple thousand more miles before I'm due.

I installed a new head unit today. Went pretty well, I'd say the hardest part was getting everything to fit back in the dash - Took a lot of trial and error! It's a sony xav-64bt.

Just finished installing stoptech SS lines in all four corners. Total = $150 shipped.

No pics tho :shifty:

Just added a quart of mobil 1. What's the typical oil consumption between changes?

Both of mine are V8s. I always put 7 quarts in to bring it all the way to the full line. I change oil when the minder says to. The dipstick still indicates more or less full. I get about 6.25 to 6.5 quarts back, plus whatever won't drain out of the filter.

Painted my stock wheels!

Crappy picture but they look great!! Got the idea from a fellow ls owner...

PAINTED WHEELS.jpg

PAINTED WHEELS.jpg

I put 6 in..when the message center tells me to change it I get the same back out. My engine has about 75,000 on it.

Rear rotors and pads, front rotors machined and new pads, and a serpentine belt.

I feel awkward posting this with having nothing to take a pic of.

I got that sucker back on the ground today....the new shocks feel great, no creaking from the rear and no tinging from the wheels.

I don't like the feel of the brakes....I need to do a complete flush and bleed all 4 corners.

Need to get the wife's car running again and then hope to do the front shocks.

That does look good, changed the whole look of the wheel instantly. +1

What are you doing with the front again, Eibach springs also or just re&re shocks?

Just shocks for now...not planing on springs...but you never know what the future may bring.

To get 90 bucks back on my stuff I had to buy 4 shocks....and they are just as junk as the rears.

Every car we own has given us trouble in the last week and I'm about ready to go buy a new Fusion off the lot soon.

It's not perfect but good for my first custom paint project...

IMG_20130507_191939_408_zps02eea969.gif

Just put my heatshield in...

IMG_20130324_165824_013_zps64844223.gif

IMG_20130324_165903_701_zpsd5243919.gif

Luk, I noticed this the other day and I was just in the Hite heat shield thread and saw your install again.

Your hood is ajar on the right side front, you should take that heat shield back out and remove the rubber trim, take a pair of metal shears and trim about 1/2 inch off the top all around. It's currently sitting too high and causing your hood to sit a bit lopsided.

I had same problem with mine but yours is sitting much higher than how mine went in.
You can see the gap on your hood on the right side, it's being forced shut on the heatshield.

Trim it down a bit ... ~ just a thought.

Members online

Back