What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Drove mine today. My son and I are going to spend the night in my grandma's house tonight and work on the car at mom and dad's tomorrow. I'm going to install my new stereo and work on the suspension a bit. :(

Thaywood, I can send you a couple of rears until you get some. I have an extra set. One is an Arnott and one is Motorcraft and they are used but they do in fact hold air just fine. PM me if you need them.

Pictures of the DVD install. I still have a little gap on each side that I have to fill. And I had to trim the hell out of the opening to make the dam thing fit. Why don't they make double-din stereos a standard size? Anyway, it's fun:D

dvd1.jpg dvd2.jpg

dvd3.jpg dvd4.jpg

dvd5.jpg dvd6.jpg

And grounding the e-brake wire did the trick. Videos will play any time, even when the car is in motion.:)

dvd1.jpg

dvd2.jpg

dvd3.jpg

dvd4.jpg

dvd5.jpg

dvd6.jpg

Started to get the dreaded shudder when shifting into overdrive around 50-60 mph. Added some Dr. Tranny Instant Shudder Fix, no more shudder! Awesome stuff. I got it at NAPA.

Pictures of the DVD install. I still have a little gap on each side that I have to fill. And I had to trim the hell out of the opening to make the dam thing fit. Why don't they make double-din stereos a standard size? Anyway, it's fun:D

View attachment 828448833 View attachment 828448834

And grounding the e-brake wire did the trick. Videos will play any time, even when the car is in motion.:)

This works well for filling in gaps. Comes in all different sizes as i'm sure your aware. I had to use a thin piece on the bottom of mine. And it's cheap.

11111111111111111111.gif

Got a seccond in class at the car how today only got beat by a grand prix that was related to the judges :(
Pics

6d17c2c8.jpg

29d7100f.jpg

b9d78fad.jpg

11f880c4.jpg

032495d8.jpg

e0286bb1.jpg

27aa799b.jpg

e8726b47.jpg

I got the 96 out of storage today finally. Plan on driving it all week to work out the kinks before Carlisle.

Look's great as always KD.

Seeing as how I lost my lug key I was unable to do my front rotors this weekend. I did have my friend remove the locks today though.

Sharp Mark ya go there KD.

I have a question. Figured it didn't need an entire thread about it.

I bent and stripped all the threads on one of my sway bar end links. (I'll save myself the embarrassment and keep the story to myself) ;)

I got the Energy Suspension kit from oriellys and bolted it up. They are a little too short, they pull the sway bar down about 3/4-1" lower than stock. Will this mess anything up? I might have to run the sway bar under the parking brake cables.

Any info?

Just finished waxing the car, and the wheels. Pulled the orange pin-stripe off the wheels (they were lookin shabby) and installed new rear sway bar end links with new bushings as well. Lexol'd the interior twice and the car is beautifull!

Well...Arnott SUCKS!!! I've been very happy with the performance of my last set of Arnott front air shocks since I got them. But this morning, the passenger side shock started making that dreaded "thunking" noise. Sounds like its binding up. It still rides fine. But it makes that thunk/creak noise every time I hit the slightest bump. Guess I'll deal with it until it totally craps out. If it ain't one thing it's ten others:( It's always something with this car.

Thanks Magnetico! It does look good, I'll give it that, but its got its problems. 160k miles and it has rock chips, scratches, and door dings to prove it. She's my daily driver.

As for my question earlier about the shorter sway bar ends for the rear, I've had no problem and I believe they will hold up just fine.

Well...Arnott SUCKS!!! I've been very happy with the performance of my last set of Arnott front air shocks since I got them. But this morning, the passenger side shock started making that dreaded "thunking" noise. Sounds like its binding up. It still rides fine. But it makes that thunk/creak noise every time I hit the slightest bump. Guess I'll deal with it until it totally craps out. If it ain't one thing it's ten others:( It's always something with this car.

You of all people should know better than to use Arnotts...what's your deal!...and you've put slime in your system too.. over time I've seen you have a decent idea or 2, and then other times I wonder if you aren't an Alt signature of Ed

You of all people should know better than to use Arnotts...what's your deal!...and you've put slime in your system too.. over time I've seen you have a decent idea or 2, and then other times I wonder if you aren't an Alt signature of Ed

I know, I know. But at the time, I needed a new set and I can't afford OEM. I'm almost tempted to find a wrecked T-Bird and go coil-over. At least until I can scrounge up the dough to get a good set of OEM shocks. And I didn't put slime in my "system". Just in the front air springs. And it worked. It kept them going until I could afford to get a new set. Sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do...

You do realize that the bags VENT back into the system...so anything IN the bags...will end up in the system

Its like saying "I didn't put sugar in my fuel system, just the gas tank"

You do realize that the bags VENT back into the system...so anything IN the bags...will end up in the system

Its like saying "I didn't put sugar in my fuel system, just the gas tank"

Because of gravity, the slime settles to the bottom of the air bag in the fold where the dryrot cracks are. It is highly unlikely that the stuff will travel up the bag and into the air valve. Unless you put the slime directly into the air lines, there's little to no chance of it getting back into the system from the bottom of the air spring. I suppose it could happen, but the odds are stacked against it. But I really don't want to get into another "slime slinging" ;)match about using green slime in the air bags. It is a band-aid procedure to keep the springs usable until they can be replaced. It's done out of necessity, not desire. That's what some of us poor folks have to do. It ain't pretty, but it works.:)

I love this setup.
20120508_092135.jpg

Wow I need to clean in there. Wish my parts would show up so I can finish rebuilding her

Its not a bad look. Handles excellent...and they still don't leak

If I had air ..I'd want all aftermarket stuff anyway. No, not so I could make my car bounce

meh.

like he said, the slime goes to the bottom.
he wasn't the first, won't be the last.
even 94m5 slimed his front bags until he got new ones.
that lasted him like a year and a half or something.

anyway, emptied my trunk, and changed some stereo wiring.
a less complicated fuse set up in my trunk.

meh.

like he said, the slime goes to the bottom.
he wasn't the first, won't be the last.
even 94m5 slimed his front bags until he got new ones.
that lasted him like a year and a half or something.

anyway, emptied my trunk, and changed some stereo wiring.
a less complicated fuse set up in my trunk.

I've been debating moving my battery and fuse block to the trunk

Members online

No members online now.
Back