What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Yeah I'm just glad I wasn't half way to your house when it broke...

Mounted my new gauge today.

IMGP1321.jpg

Correction, it's the LCA, looks like the nut backed off and the arm fell out, gouged my rim real bad, hope I can get the nut back on it, the thread on the ball look real bad
Bill, thanks for comin to my aide buddy

Got the control arm back in the knuckle, after much banging and wiggling and prying..pita mfer , seems to be ok now but I'm replacing both UCAs and that LCA asap
Bill thank you again for the help buddy! Get some rest dude

Yesterday:
Had installed new Moog Lower Control arms, New Arnot Front air struts, rear strut rod bushings from NAPA, Diff carrier bushings and the Rear Torsional Load Brace from SCP.

Today:
4 wheel alignment, balance rotate, washed it and fideled with some interior parts.

So Far the Arnot struts feel slightly firmer than my old oems. The compressor seems to not run as long on start up also.

I think the ole 93 is in fine shape now, just going to keep driving it and enjoy.

Crying

I have to catch up from the weekend. Saturday I picked up the parts car and towed it to the shop, then left in the rain for Rockfest. Sunday I met with another board member to look at his pulley kit vs. mine to see why his wasn't working. As we talked we decided some racing was necessary, and then I proceeded to get the worst ticket I have ever got. Side note was that the other Mark VIII let off as not to get pulled over so I WON. I have the $333.50 ticket to show my fortune, lol. So the only thing I've done in the last two days is wipe the tears off the dash. Damn it was fun though.

Put more chrome shinys under the hood :)
oh,and I caught 2nd gear with a scratch! :-D

Installed My "home made" HID kit (High and low beams), realized that relays are a requirement.....headed to Advanced to get some relays.

I hope to get a Procharger by next spring, but all corresponding mods should be completed by the end of the year. That Kenne Belle is looking much better than when you got it Laser.

Looked at it for a long time and seriously considered converting i.e. trashing the Arnott coils and going back to air struts...

Brought it back to the last alignment shop to have them correct the negative camber up front. Guy they had there today really knew his stuff and set everything to near perfection.

I am stuck at -1.1* rear camber as you cant really adjust it. His machines database had a picture of what was most definatly a Mark VIII rear controll arm and it definatly had an adjustment disk on it but I have yet to see that on any Mark I have worked on.

My front camber was at -1.7* and he dialed them back to -.8*

They did it all for free and I can most definatly feel the difference.

Rear camber is adjusted by the upper control arm inner bushing.

The Goodyear Tech adjusted mine, looked like he was at the right rear upper control arm.
They give you a nice printout of the alignment also, with pictures.

Rear camber is adjusted by the upper control arm inner bushing.
? So how is it done? In the picture on the alignment machine I could clearly see the disc like is on the front for camber adjustment but on the car there is only a bolt running through it with no disc. So how do you adjust the bushing?

? So how is it done? In the picture on the alignment machine I could clearly see the disc like is on the front for camber adjustment but on the car there is only a bolt running through it with no disc. So how do you adjust the bushing?

There's no "disc". The bushing is eccentric and the bolt that goes through it is keyed to the bushing. You loosen the nut and adjust the bolt.

Members online

No members online now.
Back