What do we do for a living??

I'm 27 and I work for a guy who owns a cattle farm/blacktop paving company. My job is to fix anything he owns that's broken. It might be a dump truck, it might be a grain elevator, you never know. It's nice not knowing what I'm going to be repairing from day to day. Makes things a little less boring. Oh, I have 2 kids. Boys.

I work for a private Court Reporting Firm, I work in there litigation support dept. I edit video depositions and sync the video with the transcript and also do editing too all for Trial prep for our Clients (nation wide Law firms) and yeah it's pretty boring, I've been doing this for 8 1/2 years already and still going don't know how lol, theres alot more I do but I don't want to bore you guys anymore!! :Bang

I'm a Ground Station Operator for the US Air Force at Buckley AFB, Denver CO. Basically, I fly satellites. I have been in the Air Force for 15 years, but it seems like yesterday when I joined. I'm originally from Danville, VA and other than Denver, I have been to Cavalier, North Dakota and Thule, Greenland (They send me to all the cold places). I went to college for 2 years B4 I joined but I need a break from school. Didn't think I would be on a 15 year break.

ohioLS said:
BUCKEYE Fan here!!

26 yrs old VP of my fathers machining, toolmaking, moldmaking, and or special machinery shop. Sorry we do so much I hate to say machine shop. Used to bartend for almost 6 yrs but had to hang it up to run this company. Have a associates degree in industrial engineering and in business. My gf just moved into my new house this past weekend and soon I will be married. Golf is OK but cars are my passion, I own a 1967 E-Type Jaguar that is 100% orignal restoration and I show it all summer. http://xkedata.com/gallery/zoom/?id=9701 Here is a pic of my baby!

-Scott-

Very, very NICE

:Beer

Fastbird said:
Whatcha do??

26 years old, and same as above. Been in the Air Force for 8 years now, hoping (praying) I made E6 this year. KC-10 Boom Operator. Yes, I'm the guy that puts the pole in the hole. :dancefool

I've amassed 3200 flying hours, 500+ of that being combat hours since 9/11/01. In addition, I'm also a wing scheduler. Think of it as management, only I manage aircraft, not people.

Where you ever in Abu Dhabi. I was there in 2001 June-August.

dropped74 said:
Where you ever in Abu Dhabi. I was there in 2001 June-August.

I've spent more time there than I care to think about. All in all time there I think I've got a solid 18 months.

I wasn't there during that time frame though. I was in a lull having just PCS'd from Travis to McGuire earlier in '01. My next time there was in October 2001.

I'm 21 and work for a grocery store called Food Lion. I work in the meat department as a Butcher/meat cutter (some prefer one term over the other). I went to college after graduating HS and went in studying computer programming and than switched to computer repair but all the stuff started to really get to me and by my 3rd semester I got so fed up and sick of it that I just did not register to continue, it was a community college. Before the butcher job I was a mechanic at AMF Carolina Lanes which was fun but hard too because I did not know alot of the things, so if a machine broke I'd need help, other than that I just spent the whole time running from machine to machine getting stuck bowling balls, fixing pile ups and checking the camera for the scoring. Mainly it sucked working 2 or 3 days a week, having to work friday nights from 5pm to almost 3 am and all day sunday. Ended up quiting because I hated it, and got the job at Food lion a couple days later and had no idea I would still be here today. Pay is alright, I'm still under-paid and have been waiting for the raise for quite sometime. Have not left because I like the store and the people, and I get alot of days off. But it would be nice to make much more so I can save for a future lol.

Also have a g/f of 4 yrs and a month or so. I should of gone to school for fixing cars and such since I love cars. Have had a few as you can see in my sig. The LS is the only car that I've had that is something worth something. But I still love cavaliers (after owning 3 why not right). I'd love to get another '88 or '89 z24 2.8L v6, 5spd and eventually do a swap to a 3400. ANother online club has a few 3400 powered 2nd gens and they love 'em. Or get an 3rd gen ('95-'05), prefer an '02 and hook that up and have it as a nice "beater" car.

I'm 26 years old, got a BA in Economics from Georgia Southern in '01. Currently, working as an Internal Auditor for a Fortune 500 Wholesale Company - thanks the Sarbanes-Oxley I got the opportunity to leave accounting.
I'm also engaged and the date is 4/30/06. :give

Current ride is a Black 2000 LS V8 Premium.
Previous rides:
Blue 1996 Ford Explorer XLT
White 1985 Chevrolet Blazer
Blue/Green 1996 Nissan 240SX
Red 1995 Toyota Pre-Runner
Red 1986 Honda Civic Si

Fastbird said:
I've spent more time there than I care to think about. All in all time there I think I've got a solid 18 months.

I wasn't there during that time frame though. I was in a lull having just PCS'd from Travis to McGuire earlier in '01. My next time there was in October 2001.

Yeah when I was there it was great but I heard it went through a significant amount of growing pains, after 9-11. I had a great time there though. Just curious not to often you bump into someone you might have already met on the net.

Cheers
:Beer

I drive a delivery truck for the local senior citizens center , I deliver food to three other senior citizen centers.

pepperman said:
I drive a delivery truck for the local senior citizens center , I deliver food to three other senior citizen centers.
And your second job is to provide outstanding quality babes for me to gloss over, thus enabling my 'manhood' to deliver the appropriate amount of pleasure and satisfaction to my significant other. In fact, one could say your 'second' job is far more important than delivering food to the elderly.
icon12.gif

BTW, anybody that has not become a premium member is missing out. (I have nothing to do with the $$$ and cents around here). Let me just say the finest quality women that Pep provides on an almost daily basis is worth the price of admission. Its the best stuff on the web without having to stop in at the you-know-what sites.
icon6.gif

I work (sometimes) for a major oil company, My title is Terminal Technition.. :woowoo2: :woowoo2:

I'm 23, graduated 2 years ago as an engineer, now in grad school, saving up my pittance of a stipend for my future LS! :)

I guess I posted my job as a mechanic earlier, but I forgot to say something.

Cars are my life, not just my job. I fix them all day, come home and work on them until 9, then goto bed...5-6 days a week I don't do anything but work on and build cars. :)

Putter-GLHT said:
I guess I posted my job as a mechanic earlier, but I forgot to say something.

Cars are my life, not just my job. I fix them all day, come home and work on them until 9, then goto bed...5-6 days a week I don't do anything but work on and build cars. :)

I wish I had your job. I can't separate myself from the automotive thoughtprocess. My buddy and I, even though we're Active Duty, have a side setup and get a lot of work fixing other co-workers cars. We're hoping to open our own performance shop someday, but with 12 years each before retirement, who knows what could happen??

All I know is that when I retire at 20 years and 38 years old, I will be working on cars for a living.

Graduated from WPI (engineering school in Taxachusetts), did design for a year, hated the desk job. Now I work for Turner Construction http://www.turnerconstruction.com/ as a superintendent. Been here 4 1/2 years. Hate to say it but I may be moving on soon, for some reason I feel a sense of loyalty that I know is not reciprocated at my level, they wouldn't think twice of getting rid of me if it suited the corporate budget. Need to see what else is out there. Do I sound disgruntled??? :Bang

Im 19 working at a tanning salon! making 120 dollars a week! beat that hahahahaha
also do graphic design work plus a small side buisness :)

I got my BS in molecular biology, got my MS in toxicology.
I work at small biotech company in seattle. With Univ of Wash, Fred Hutchinson Cancer research center, formerly known as immunex (amgen, now) seattle is becoming a biotech capital.

Members online

Back