What's everyone's MPG?

Steve

LBK_LS said:
What is everyone getting Miles Per Gallon in City/Hwy?
Please include other info: Engine, Mods

2001 V8
91 to 93 octane
City - 18-20
Hwy - 23.8-24.4
KKM Filter Kit
Cold Air Box

I'm just seeing what everyone is runnin. Plus everyone likes to know what everyone else has :under the hood"

98 Mark VIII LSC 80MM mass air intake and K&N filter from Lincoln Motorsports and Superchips tuner. 24 city, 27.3 highway. It's hard to keep my foot out of it. I love the sound if you know what I mean!

Shoot, i only wish. i drive every day 2.1 miles to my work, I get 11.7 mpg, thats it, maybe its time for a tune up, 30's WOW !!!!!!!

Changed out the spark plugs this past weekend... (53,000miles) I usually get about 23ish - 23.9 (over the past five months) driving a 300miles trip (to visit the gf).... After changing them out (they were BAD!!!!!!!!!) I'm up around 24ish-25..... On one occasion I was avg'ing 26!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO SPARK PLUGS!

Im getting right at 17 in the city
and on highway it runs 23 ish

only mod is magnaflow mufflers - left on the resonators

I drive about 7.5 mi of curvy back roads to work every day. Having fun I get around 17.5 to 18 mpg. I have also tried to see what I could get out of a tank of gas by letting the V8 do its job @ max 2000 rpm (22 mpg). Highest mpg on a road trip @ 65 mph = 25 mpg. 2000 LS V8 SPORT

Fordman said:
Its hard to get good mileage, I live in Tampa too much traffic.
City= 15-17
Hwy= 24-26

26 Is the best I ever got grannying the car around 65 MPH, but that didn't last long. I look at it this way, if I really love a car I don't really care what I get.

My mileage comp tells me I'm either getting 1.9 mph or 60 mph - it just depends on her mood. I average it out to 10 miles per dollar.

Depends where I am. When im in the Atl I get 13, barely. When I'm in Augusta (a lot less traffic) I get ~18.6 My best hwy was like 19.2, but that was only after about 2 hrs of 80mph cruise on I-20

Mpg

I have a stock 76 Eldorado convertable. All orig, except for a new roller timing chain, 4 deg advanced. 16.2 at 72 mph, 15+ around town.(lots of hills) Not bad for 5400 lbs, and 140,000 miles.

I read through the 1st 2 pages and didn't see anything about a V6. Can anyone tell me what they are getting with their V6 LS. I just got it detailed so the slick @ss sheet metal should help out. LOL
On some vehicles the smaller engines get better mpg but on some they get worse because the engine has to work so hard just to push it through the wind.
How is it, in general, with our LS's?

i get about 25-27mpg at 73mph with 87octaine in my 2001 v8 ls i get about 16-18mpg at 75mph when i run 91octaine

I just recently went on a trip to lake erie with some of my friends. AC on the whole way. It was around 200 miles highway for the most part. i got 18.2
When i first bought my car i was curious as to the mpg and left the ac off for the trip home. I had to about 4 1/2-5 hours don't really remember but it said 22.1

23 MPG LS V8 @ 80MPH constant. The Dynomax free flowing exhaust really does help with gas mileage.

'05 LS V6 w/2200 miles getting 22-23 around town. no road trips yet.

My weekend beater is a 99 C5 Corvette that is still basically stock except for a CAI, gets me 33 on the highway at 75-80 with the air conditioning on. On a recent trip to El Paso I let it run on cruise control at 120 mph for a while and was getting 28 mpg. Average mpg is 24.

:Beer

i beat my lincoln mark viii

15.9 everywhere some times less i have cobra full lenth hearders flowmaster two chamber 373 rear

old thread but I thought with gas prices on the rise again others would be interested. Still haven't read the results of a V6.

What kind of mpg are you V6'ers getting?

i drive about 30 miles a day 20 of them highway and i get 19-21 mpg. At first i was using 91-93 but with hihg gas prices i used 89 and havnet noticed a difference. Its a 2003 v6 with no mods to the engine.
Idk why my mileage is so bad. Do you guys have any suggestions to what i can do? I was thinking air filter, does that help?

2004 LS V6 with 39,000mi

I just took a weekend road trip into Missouri of about 1300 miles and averaged nearly 26 mpg for the entire trip. 85% was interstate (75mph) and 10% highway (50-60 mph except for that one 50 mile streach in BFE where I was pushing 80+) the other 5% was back roads (gravel). This was over the holiday weekend so there was some traffic to contend with as well.

n8

'06 LS V8 w/ 3,100 or so miles, anywhere from 15.8-16 MPG. All in the city, I'd never take the LS on a road trip, it'd be too uncomfortable. Anyway, does the A/C really affect your mileage that much? The reason I ask is because I always have it on (at 60 degrees), along with the seat cooler(s). :[

NickLS said:
What is everyone getting Miles Per Gallon in City/Hwy?
Please include other info: Engine, Mods

2001 V8
91 to 93 octane
City - 18-20
Hwy - 23.8-24.4
KKM Filter Kit
Cold Air Box

I'm just seeing what everyone is runnin. Plus everyone likes to know what everyone else has :under the hood"

So...what kind of Cold Air box are you running Nick?

16.8 in city - ALL TIME
17.2 city and highway combination
24.5 on highway at 70
21.9 on highway at 90

I'd imagine that I could get better if a drove at 60, but I'm like Sammy Hagar, I can't drive the speed limit.

Magnaflow
KKM Induction and Intake tube

lexmarkz00 said:
'06 LS V8 w/ 3,100 or so miles, anywhere from 15.8-16 MPG. All in the city, I'd never take the LS on a road trip, it'd be too uncomfortable. Anyway, does the A/C really affect your mileage that much? The reason I ask is because I always have it on (at 60 degrees), along with the seat cooler(s). :[

I drove my LS 2000 miles round trip and I thought it was comfortable. I could have taken daddy's LS430, but it wouldnt have been the same. I always have the windows down and screw seat warmers and crap. I'm one of those guys that are not afraid of heat. The only time I use the A/C is when I'm just not in the mood to listen to the wind.

Members online

Back