which is faster

MKS wtf are they calling it that isent there a mark9 but its a mini van/suv thing i hope they switch the names around, and from what I read the new MKS will be powered by a like 4.1 v8 with all wheel drive so idk still concept, I wish they would take the new mustang platform and drive tran from the mustang gt and slap on a more streem line, slick style that are marks would have had if they were still made. Oh yeah you think the new ones will be air suspension?

Interesting John, how the Mark VIII did so well at Lincoln's little Sebring/Daytona shows considering they were only meant to promote the Mark VIII. :rolleyes: ;)

confused

i dont know if im missing something but the Seville is the SLS/STS comp to the Contenital, Eldorado has ESC/ETC comp to MarkVIII so why are people comparing STS to mk8 or seville to sts. seville and sts are same cars just different trims. compare eldorado to mk8

StankinLincoln said:
i dont know if im missing something but the Seville is the SLS/STS comp to the Contenital, Eldorado has ESC/ETC comp to MarkVIII so why are people comparing STS to mk8 or seville to sts. seville and sts are same cars just different trims. compare eldorado to mk8

ESC/ETC right.....that was the moniker back then. I couldn't remember - I do recall that the RX7 came out with a big chrome "LSD" once on the performance model - it was meant to stand for Limited Slip Differential but all the local deadheads stuck them on their Camaros.:D

As a new member its fun to sit back and read the Ford vs. GM & Lincoln vs. Cadillac jive... (I'm not sure how the Mustang GT got in there, maybe he'd like to run my '66 442 - but I'd guess not).

Truthfully, I've never payed much attention to the Lincoln Marks... I occasionally see them at the wholesale car auctions, but it's much easier to resell SLSs & STSs. They just seem like much newer, more sophisticated cars. And when was the last time you heard someone talk about how good a product was by saying "it's the Lincoln of the bunch"??!

As far as comparing E.T.s, it reminds me of the ol' saying "The first lier doesn't stand a chance!" That's why there's dragstrips, to sort thru the b.s. Put a few bucks on it and you really see who the believers are! (My guess, and it's just a guess - a late 90s - early 2000 STS would do a number on most Lincolns. (But grab a late model Corvette or GTO & you'll get it done for sure!) Happy hunting!

Eldo vs Mark is a better comparisen but considering that the STS doesn't differ too much from the Eldo besides four doors & weight ratio why not.

MarkVIII93 said:
Both cars are slow... Just leave it at that...

OmG U r ToTaLiE sTuPid. LoLz!11!!!one!!
BoTh uV TeHeSe KaRzZ r fAstEr DaN dA SpEeD uV sOuNd. OmG hOw CuD u NoT kNoWe DaT!???

WaNt To KnOw FaSt? dA sUzUkI sWiFt Is TeH FaStEsT KaR eVeR. DuH.
DaT kNeW ChEvY aVeO iS pReTtY kLoSe ThO.

baassaveo.jpg

ill tell you this simple fact... (and i really do not like the northstar piece of shiet they call an engineering masterpiece)

"Okay, heres my opinion on why they suck.My mom has a a deville I think and for one the seats suck.No matter what I cant get comfortable and I always feel like I'm leaning to the left."

First off, a deville is not a seville. Let me say this again... A DEVILLE IS NOT A SEVILLE!!!

a deville is a 600-1000 lbs. heavier than a seville depending on the year, and also most sevilles are a 4.9L 32V compared to the 4.6L 32V seville. Also, the exhaust manifold and split exhaust tailpipes leave the deville at a 10-25hp loss of power compared to the seville. A seville runs stock at 295hp while the deville is 260-ish (i dont have the figs. off hand so this is a rough guess).

Add the weight differences, the options packages which are lacking compared to the more elegant seville(base price 10000 more than a deville) and the power transmition ratios of a deville are wider than the "sportier" seville... and you get a completely wrong analogy to compare cars to. Deville is more a continental, not a mark8. Thats like saying the mark8 is just as fast as the continental.

StincolnLincoln said:
hhmmm heres my 2 cents. I owned a 93 seville once apon a time the car was fun to drive but once one thing goes wrong with it its a domino effect. Parts are more expensive to fix and maintainance is a pain in the a$$ crack. yes cadillac makes a good car but cadillacs have been known not to out last any lincoln built so far.

I had so many things changed on that damn car it wasnt funny and they werent changed cause i wanted to parts were to damn expensive and labor was from hell. But like i said in other threads everyone is intitled to there own opinion. I always see cadillacs for sale and there always leaking something or something is blown, or just not working and when you find out how much the parts and labor are you can just go buy a Mark VII or VIII for the price to get the cadillac back on the road.

NEXT!!!!!

amen....this is what i was talking about in other threads...Northstar = shiet

Come on! I thought this thread was about which is faster. It looks like some Lincoln enthusiasts have finally conceded that Cadillac performance is superior, therefore are resorting to changing the subject to which is better in quality. Well, Lincoln looses again! Interesting that Cadillac is being bashed even though the DeVille won in the American Luxury Car category for the third year in a row into 2004 and the Escalade is ranked among the best SUVs period. While Lincoln is faltering in style and popularity, Cadillac continues to grab more and more of the market share away from Lincoln. In fact, Lincoln has finally realized it can no longer compete with Cadillac in its present state and thus has decided to go back to the drawing board in an attempt to revamp Lincoln styling and prestige. While Lincoln continues to falter, J.D. Power and Associates as recently as September 2005 not only awarded GM with the highest plant quality in North and South America, but also gave GM 16 quality and dependability awards for a record 30 models including the Cadillac CTS for entry luxury car. Overall, Cadillac placed second in initial quality rating behind Lexus. Bash Cadillac all you want but the facts show Cadillac is gaining in popularity and customer satisfaction while Lincoln is faltering.

MAC1 said:
Come on! I thought this thread was about which is faster. It looks like some Lincoln enthusiasts have finally conceded that Cadillac performance is superior, therefore are resorting to changing the subject to which is better in quality. Well, Lincoln looses again! Interesting that Cadillac is being bashed even though the DeVille won in the American Luxury Car category for the third year in a row into 2004 and the Escalade is ranked among the best SUVs period. While Lincoln is faltering in style and popularity, Cadillac continues to grab more and more of the market share away from Lincoln. In fact, Lincoln has finally realized it can no longer compete with Cadillac in its present state and thus has decided to go back to the drawing board in an attempt to revamp Lincoln styling and prestige. While Lincoln continues to falter, J.D. Power and Associates as recently as September 2005 not only awarded GM with the highest plant quality in North and South America, but also gave GM 16 quality and dependability awards for a record 30 models including the Cadillac CTS for entry luxury car. Overall, Cadillac placed second in initial quality rating behind Lexus. Bash Cadillac all you want but the facts show Cadillac is gaining in popularity and customer satisfaction while Lincoln is faltering.

And how exactly does any of this banter have to do with which is faster from 1993-1998? G.M. as a whole is going down the crapper, they had to sell a controlling stake in G.M.A.C. just to raise cash, and a strike is a real possibility because of the Delphi mess. At least Ford is righting the ship.

muzik4life said:
Which is faster, STS or Mark VIII :C

Well, above is the original question and I don’t see anything about comparing 93-98 only. At any rate, I was responding to HappyMofo’s comment about the Northstar being “Shiet.” :rolleyes: Perhaps some day Lincoln will finally earn some recognition; however, based on what its selling at the moment any chance for an award will have to wait until it produces better automobiles. For example, the 2002 Lincoln LS V8 Sport with its soft lines is girlish looking—Just another bar of soap. :D

scott9050 said:
And how exactly does any of this banter have to do with which is faster from 1993-1998? G.M. as a whole is going down the crapper, they had to sell a controlling stake in G.M.A.C. just to raise cash, and a strike is a real possibility because of the Delphi mess. At least Ford is righting the ship.

GM’s problems are related to bad business decisions not because of poor quality, at least as far as Cadillac goes. Clearly, Cadillac quality has improved greatly over the years and Cadillac style and elegance easily surpasses Lincoln. Cadillac has a pretty impressive lineup including the STS-V. :cool: Lincoln has nothing that comes close to the STS-V or the CTS. It certainly is time for Ford to go back to the drawing board. :eek:

MAC1 said:

We were talking about the STS vs MArk, but I think the STS should go up againts the Lincoln LS. I will admit however that I will NOT buy a new lincoln. Like every other person in America, fords are overweight and underpowered =). If I had to choose a new car between the Cadillacs and Lincolns it would infact be a Cadillac. I've always liked the DTS(DeVille), STS, Catera, and Escalade.

MAC1 said:
GM’s problems are related to bad business decisions not because of poor quality, at least as far as Cadillac goes. Clearly, Cadillac quality has improved greatly over the years and Cadillac style and elegance easily surpasses Lincoln. Cadillac has a pretty impressive lineup including the STS-V. :cool: Lincoln has nothing that comes close to the STS-V or the CTS. It certainly is time for Ford to go back to the drawing board. :eek:

Quality certainly is an issue with many GM models, I can show you more than one thread currently about the quality issues with the Pontiac G6. As far as perceptions of style and elegance, that is a personal judgement call with no strict barometer that I know of to tell which is which. I could have sworn it was the CTS-V, not STS-V. G.M. just has a thing right now about sticking the corporate LS2 in just about any car/truck that it has.

scott9050 said:
Quality certainly is an issue with many GM models, I can show you more than one thread currently about the quality issues with the Pontiac G6. As far as perceptions of style and elegance, that is a personal judgement call with no strict barometer that I know of to tell which is which. I could have sworn it was the CTS-V, not STS-V. G.M. just has a thing right now about sticking the corporate LS2 in just about any car/truck that it has.

There is also a STS-V.

http://www.cadillac.com/cadillacjsp/vseries/index.jsp

http://media.gm.com/events/autoshows/05naias/brands/cadillac/stsv overview.html

the only thing pretty on that v-series is the ass of the car.

good touch on the spoiler and tailpipes and the added drop sides... but in the 360 view its boxy and very high standing...

77000 dollars and 3 whole color choices... thats fantastic... note to what i was saying about gm in previous threads.:yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

Maybe your just a rounded type of guy. There's nothing wrong with the lines of the Cadillacs thats what makes it a Caddy and the rounded view of the lines seems to belong to Lincoln. That seems to be the differents between the two companies(besides performance).

no, Al... i like a SLEEK boxy look...

hell i drive a 93 sts, its just that its a high boxy look.

what i mean by that is that my cadi vertically from bottom bumper to hood on the front is probably 16 inches tall.

the headlights alone are that size on the new caddies. It makes it an awkward sight. but thats just my opinion.

Well I always thought my Eldo's ass was kinda high but looking at one(STS) in person I agree it is kinda high, also if you look at some of the other newer cars(Lexus, BMW, MB) it seems that a high ass is something alot of car companies are using.

yea Al, i noticed that 2... most of the cars are going from the low ride to a higher sitting suspension...

why i dont know, but i hope its just a phase for this cycle of 2007's. i do like a lower looking ride off the ground (not a low rider tho), but just stock nice looking like the bmwIII or even a mazda protege 6.

i coulda bought a caddy 98 sts, but i went for the 93 just for the reason of a sleeker look (but i have to spend more money to fix the bastard up).

Either way, everyone has a subjective opinion on cars. We all like cars depending on our personalities and likes/dislikes.

ive always liked big boats since i first bought a 72 dodge monocco...(18ft longth by 6.8 ft wide)

everyone has different tastes...so thats all ill say about cadi vs lincoln... personally ford has treated me better in service, so i like ford more. Thats about it, which car treats ya better and gives service treatment that is great.

great car = great ride, life, and value.

So any car can be bomb. Nuff said.

Members online

No members online now.
Back