which is faster

the 93-97 sts are one of the best looking cars ever, i would have gone with that over the 98 as well. sucks you had to drop so much into it to keep it running.

mark0101 said:
True, overall Cadillac is better then Lincoln in performance, but the Mark VIII is different then the other lincolns

Hehehe, you forget the new gen LS? Hell of a lot better suspension than either one of those cars and runs quicker in stock form too! :p The only Caddy I have any respect for is the CTS-V. All the other caddy's are craaaaaaap IMO. Except for the classic ones, because those actually have style, instead of just appearing like a big rough shaped block of cheese.

Yeah LS is a fast car too but I think the 99-02 LS wouldn't be able to take down a Mark VIII. The 03+ might take the mark VIIIs down.
My next car choices are 03+ LS, Cadillac STS/eld or the mercury marauder.

So far my 02LSE is turning out to be faster than my 96LSC. I wouldn't of thought it, but its true. What it lacks in hp the tranny picks up in gearing.

mark0101 said:
Yeah LS is a fast car too but I think the 99-02 LS wouldn't be able to take down a Mark VIII. The 03+ might take the mark VIIIs down.
My next car choices are 03+ LS, Cadillac STS/eld or the mercury marauder.

No disrespect to the Mark's, because they are nice cars, but the 03+ LS should pull on them pretty good when both in stock form. From seeing Jason run at the track the last few times it is looking like even a 00-02 LS will stick closely with em.

rocket5979 said:
No disrespect to the Mark's, because they are nice cars, but the 03+ LS should pull on them pretty good when both in stock form. From seeing Jason run at the track the last few times it is looking like even a 00-02 LS will stick closely with em.

And how fast are they? I ran 14.651 at 97.21 dead stock, so if the LS is faster I would like to know.

scott9050 said:
And how fast are they? I ran 14.651 at 97.21 dead stock, so if the LS is faster I would like to know.

Yes a stock new gen LS is right there with that, though I didn't realize that the Mark's were that quick. I always seen people posting some horrific time with those. I guess they couldn't drive.

My 05 LS with just $250 in mods is turning a 14.3 right now and has 14.2's in it once I can get things right. If I were to spray a shot of nitrous I would be in the 12's with ease. :D But thats kind of cheating. hehehe

I know this next part is totally opinion based, but I think the LS's are much sexxier than any other Lincoln car or Cadillac of any year. Of course I expect others to disagree, which is cool.

scott9050 said:
You are 1 of a few select Marks that have produced those numbers stock, many with minor mods can't do that. The average GenII LS will beat the average MarkVIII. Its lighter, same HP as a base only 10HP less than a LSC, and the LSC doesn't always add up to faster as most of the faster Marks are pre-LSC anyways. The tranny on the LS is a big advantage I notice. I only have to shift my Mark once in the 1/4, twice with the LS. Also maybe I'm a retard but I couldn't get my Mark to launch for crap, my LS it took me a few runs and I can hit almost the same 60' all night. At least for now my LSE is quicker than my Mark, no ones going to argue the potential of the Mark as not being better.

02LSE96LSC91SE84TC said:
no ones going to argue the potential of the Mark as not being better.

You are absolutely right about that! God the DOHC 3.9 V8 aftermarket sucks!!! OHHH wait a minute, there ISN't one! :D :D :D Oh well, I will keep creating my own.

The 93-94 mark VIII's in good tune are the fastest of the Mark VIII's, and more than just a handful have turned these times. Fastest I have seen was in the 14.50's at 99, but that one was a freak. If I were to add 4.10's and a T-Lok I would have had this car very close to the 13's. The Mark VIII's unfortunately got slower as the years passed.

You bring up a good point. The Mark needs gears to get it past a certain point. I think the LS doesn't have that problem so much, just no aftermarket performance stuff at all to get it past a certain point. Although, alot of people have taken their Marks alot more race serious than any LS people have even considered. Stack the 93-94 Marks up that can run those numbers and stack up the 03 LSes that can too, see which pile is bigger. Same team, just good fun points. I own both.

02LSE96LSC91SE84TC said:
Although, alot of people have taken their Marks alot more race serious than any LS people have even considered. Stack the 93-94 Marks up that can run those numbers and stack up the 03 LSes that can too, see which pile is bigger. Same team, just good fun points. I own both.

Yeah, it is too bad that a lot of my fellow LS owners are all like, "Yo,yo,yo look at my 24" spinnaz!" instead of actually seeing what kind of performance they can get out of these cars. I bet if other people actually took their LS's to the track that they would blow those sh1t-azz C&D LS time quotes out of the water.

Still, there is nowhere near the performance following in the LS crowd when compared to the MK8 crowd. I think I could count on one hand the LS owners that I see that are actually interested in racing, let alone somewhat serious about it. :p

02LSE96LSC91SE84TC, just wondering, have been to the track with your cars? What kind of times did you get in each of your car?
now this is how I see it, 99-02 LS have the same performance as 96-98 and the 93-94 have the same performance as 03-06. The 95 Mark VIIIs, I have heard were the slowest.

Well the 95 being the slowest I believe to be a urban legend.

I ran my first MarkVIII a 96 base once, it had a LMS chip and the 900cfm LMS intake. It ran the best time of 15.5, with some traction problems. I didn't heat the tires up and had to leave the traction control on to take off at all. Also hot right off the highway. This probably wasn't its best time, but based on how it ran I don't believe it had anything more than a than a few tenths to improve.

My current 96 LSC has no chip, but does have the LMS intake with silencers removed, some light porting on the intake manifold, stock mufflers are replaced by glass packs and other than that is just well tuned. It is stronger than my first Mark easily. I only ran it once and had terrible traction issues even with the traction control on. I turned a 15.4 but know it has a lot better in it based on terrible 2.6 60's and yet 94 mph trap speeds. I believe it'll break 14.99 if I can learn how to launch it.

Thing is the Marks were kinda hard to run and be consistent, both times I ran them, I had a hard time getting the best out of them, the 96LSC the most. The LSE after a few runs all pretty consistent, I had my luanch pretty well down an improved my 60's easily, Went back a week later with just less gas and no spare and dropped to me a surprizing .3 and picked up a 1.5 mph. If my LSE isn't faster than my 96LSC, its a heck of alot easier to get the potential out of.

To some it up, I could give you my LSE tell you how to drive it and you would likely turn good times, consistently. The Mark its just not going to be that easy.

I fully plan to get the best out of the LSC, just as soon as the LSE does its best. Maybe the LSE is good practice to get me to tackle the bigger challenge of getting the LSC quicker.

Another thought, on the street I am much more confident anyone that trys something with the LSE is going to get a 2.2 60' everytime. My Mark always breaks them lose to have the traction control grabbing, or if off, I'm spinning. Most street races are brief and your 60' really counts.

Yeah Mark VIII is hard to launch But I am getting pretty good at it. I drove the v6 LS, let me tell ya, it just doesn't want to spin, even in rain. So the LS would beat us on a dead stop but the Marks would beat the LS on a roll.

The key to getting a good time for me was finding the sweet spot to launch at without spinning. I threw the launch at idle thing out the window as I could not get below a 15.0 doing it that way. With practice I took her out of the hole at 1600-1700 trying to find the right place where it would spin, but it still did not spin (lots of VHT). I also let the car get as cold as possible before I ran. This car is much stronger than my 96 was just by seat of the pants feel, and I think side by side the 94 would have left it far behind at the track.

mark0101 said:
Yeah Mark VIII is hard to launch But I am getting pretty good at it. I drove the v6 LS, let me tell ya, it just doesn't want to spin, even in rain. So the LS would beat us on a dead stop but the Marks would beat the LS on a roll.

The Mark would win against a V6 in a highway roll of course, but I don't believe it would win against a 03+ LS8. The LS has a 5 speed tranny which keeps it in its prime powerband more often than the 4R70W tranny keeps the DOHC 4.6 in its powerband. Either way, we could magazine race all day and not get anywhere. I am up for either a 1/4 mile race or a highway roll race with a MK8 to just test this. I will put the LS back to stock and whomever wants to race me put their MK8 back to stock and then see what they do in totally stock form. Kind of a more scientific way to approach finding out which one is faster than just a mere grudge match. If anyone is up for it I would be down. It would be cool to hang out with fellow LVC'ers and also test some theories. If any Caddy owners want to show up that would be cool too. :cool:

Caddys are crap. If this was on the mark 8 forum there would be ATLEAST 20 pages. Cuz no one wants to support their caddys!!! And just by the simple fact of a plethra of aftermarket parts is sayin marks got support. Oh yeah and have fun powersliding in your boring front wheel dive northstar piece!

Caddys are crap. If this was on the mark 8 forum there would be ATLEAST 20 pages. Cuz no one wants to support their caddys!!! And just by the simple fact of a plethra of aftermarket parts is sayin marks got support. Oh yeah and have fun powersliding in your boring front wheel dive northstar piece!

well spoken
from a complete fu*king moron...

Oh yeah and look at how many ppl are on the lincoln forums as opposed to caddy. right now 78-lincoln 8-caddy. you guys sure do love your cars!

hahahahahahahhahaha
sure
any day you wanna run them...
ever consider i have other mods done to my car like performance mods as i only listed ascetic mods...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4OxTwMgKkbM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=oeLrQpKw1as
http://youtube.com/watch?v=NyW5ddViW_g
http://youtube.com/watch?v=avUqcOchtBA&feature=related
http://youtube.com/watch?v=_kHTzPvEfLI&feature=related

common now
put up or shut up
next time you wanna be cocky, make sure you know what your up against
and being a mod on Joey's (the admin of this site) parent caraudiotalk.com forum im willing to be he wouldnt appreciate the way you come off here....

and did it ever occur to you to look at CadillacForums.com

Threads: 124,309, Posts: 1,416,934, Members: 68,575

you have to be like what 15-20? you give other youths a bad name, no owner why the nations going down hill...

and fyi to insult my "tinted" windows youd have to get beyond my bar tail lamps to see them, but i highly doubt beyond the starting line youd ever get a chance to see a sight as pretty as that...

Oh yeah and look at how many ppl are on the lincoln forums as opposed to caddy. right now 78-lincoln 8-caddy. you guys sure do love your cars!

maybe all the caddy lovers are too busy enjoying there cars to spend all day on the internet comparing them to :q:q:q:qty lincolns!
92-97 sevilles are so :q:q:q:qing sexy it hurts.

Members online

No members online now.
Back