Why do we love owning these Mark VIII's?

I got to say I have always loved sleepers. And boy o boy the Mark VIII is a true sleeper. I love the look on peoples face as you pass them or they catch up with you after you pass them. Its priceless! When the Mark VIII came out in 93 I was just out of high school and driving a Mark V and totally loved my Lincoln. Then the VIII came out I could not pass a Lincoln dealership without stopping to look at it. But the price tag was way to high for me. So over the next 10 plus years I went thru a mess of Camaros and had my Mopar Muscle Cars. But thanks to my third child being born I had to ditch the Camaro SS for the third seat. Then thanks to the divorce I lost the Road Runner. And about a year ago I was really missing performance. Driving a Chrysler Sebring just did not do it for me. So I was on the performance hunt again but needed five seats. I started to remember the VIII and how it had the 4.6 that was such a good motor it went into the Rustang. So I started my look for one. When they were new in 93 I wanted a Deep Jewel Green with Mocha interior or a Cranberry with black interior or the good old classic black on black. It just happened that I found mine on Ebay and it was Cranberry on black. I love my Mark VIII its my new toy! What was to be my fun car is now my daily driver and the Sebring sits.

PS... Would love to post a pic of my Mark... Could someone email me and let me know how to do that? Email me here or my personal email is ssmopar7298@yahoo.com

Last edited:
What's in an 8?

God, best car ever. Smooth ride, respectable. It's a beast of an engine. Beautiful interior layout and curvy. There are so many out there that are neglected but it's those of us out there that treat the car like it was made with the best of craftsmanship that keep the car's image alive. It's all about that look you get when someone doesn't even know what kind of car it is because it's so rare but so awesome. I love the setup. Because it is a Ford, there are endless things that go wrong but they never designed it for longevity and you have to accept that b4 you get a Ford product.
My favorite thing about my Mark VIII is the interior layout. Sporty car with comfort.
21597560145_large.jpg

21597560144_large.jpg

Wow solja, that's some amazing interior mod work. Not exactly my style, but amazing all the same. Love the Playstation. :D

Solja, U have definitley decked out your Mark. You must turn heads anywhere you park & open your doors. Don't u ever dare sell your car man, I agree with everythng u said. The sweet curvy interior, the rareness of the car. Hell yeah boy! That's what drives the ppl insane about this car down here in Miami. The Mark VIII's are SUPER RARE down here. Since I bought mine 2 months ago, I've only seen 2 Marks on the road. an old man in an ivory Gen2 LSC & another old man in a Gen 1. I'm shocked when I see them.

Because it is a Ford, there are endless things that go wrong but they never designed it for longevity and you have to accept that b4 you get a Ford product.

I will have to agree with this. But then again I don't think any of the Big 3 made a car in the late 80's early 90's that was made for longevity. Example I had a '87 IROC, it was as great car. It was a great mix of muscle and modern styling. But by the time it was 10 years old it was already falling apart. The drive line was still solid but everything around it was not. Its only because of people like us that love the car for what it is that will keep the Mark VIII alive. Ive seen maybe 4-5 Marks in the area I live its not a regularly seen car. Lots of people ask "... What type of car is that?" So all Ive got to say is long live the Mark VIII

Last edited:
thanks

Thanks for the compliments guys. . .trust you me, I have absolutley no intentions on selling. I did get an offer while in the Middle East from an Arab for 4000 Bahraini Dinar (about $12,000) 4 years ago. But by then so much sweat went into the car.
Literally alot of sweat, 130 degree Augusts over there haha.

Thanks for the compliments guys. . .trust you me, I have absolutley no intentions on selling. I did get an offer while in the Middle East from an Arab for 4000 Bahraini Dinar (about $12,000) 4 years ago. But by then so much sweat went into the car.
Literally alot of sweat, 130 degree Augusts over there haha.

Woah, wait, I kinda suspected so with your license plates but u actually shipped your Mark oversees? Oh man ur sick, u must've been pimpin it big time! I know the sand overthere can do a number on your car. Hope u got no damage. Are u back in the states? Anyway, I wouldn't have sold it on the other side of this Earth for $12,000 either!;)

You might want to do some research on the Shelby Daytonas, they might suprise you.

Ive always been a fan of the older turbo Dodge's. Omni GLH, Spirit R\T, etc.

One day when I get some moneys Ill buy one and turn it into a drag car. Ultimate sleeper.

We all know that the Mark VIII is the best car ever built. (I felt it needed to be repeated)

i'd put the mark up against a black 96 impala ss. both great cars though.

Because everything else is chit, thats why we love them. I cleaned up my Mark yesterday and didnt wantto get it all dirty by driving it on our gravel road so I just took the Kia Rowndo (sp?) rental car we have and man what a POS. Thing is gutless as hell and the stereo sounds like an old transistor radio.
Anyway it cruises at 80 easily when it gets there and from habit thats the speed I am always doing in my Mark VIII. I hit the first dip and almost flew off the road! I had to slow it to 55 and it was still 10x worse then the Mark does at 100mph on that lousy road.
Its amazing how much controll that suspension has on a car so large.
That and you get no respect in a Kia, people pull out in front of you all the time. In the Lincoln they let me go before they pull out. :)

Vette Driver "Man,thats a fast grandma car"
Thats why I love it...its a fast grandma car,complete with the smooth ride and comfy interior. :)

Tommy's 95 was the original Grandma's Car... and it beat up on everything from Civics to Cobra Stangs and Lightning trucks :D

My mechanic buddy said that once about mine. Him and another friend were both saying it was a grandmas car. I pulled it in the bay and poped the hood, his friends first comment was"It has a bigblock?" :lol: I explained how small the engine actually was and then took them for a ride. They dont ever call it grandmas car any more. Now they call it "The Sleeper" :D :wrench

I figured I'd bring this one back... there are new members here since back when I started this thread that I'm sure would like to drop their opinions on here.. Plus, I'd like to point out.... GOD I LOVE MY MARK VIII!!!

Saw my first M8 back when I was about 13 or so. I worked at a convenience store and one of the regulars was inside talking to my boss. I walked outside and there was a first Gen Black on Black. It was dark out all I remember was the steam rolling slow out the tail pipes and looking thru the window and seeing that dash all lit up. From that moment on, I knew I had to have one. I've had 3 so far, and I plan on keeping this one for a LONG time. My second Mark is now Tiltedhalo's wife's car. My First 94 got sold to some kid in FL, donno what happened to that car. IMO, the mark viii is the most beautiful car that ford has ever designed. Long nose, short trunk, 2door, RWD, they couldnt have gotten it more right. The drive train is awesome and you can't beat the car's styling.

i was on a thread earlier today & someone posted "i wonder, do people think were nuts for loving this cars so much?" so i figured i'd start a thread where we can all let each other know why we love owning/driving these cars?

As for me? One thing stands out, it's diferrent! It's not a souped up mustang, 350z, g-35, trans-am, rx-7 or a camaro & it certainly isn't a 4 banger civic, accord, sentra either. Everyone has those cars. Why have what everyone has? We stand out with these lincolns. No one expects speed out of a lincoln so the word cobra coming out of my mouth when i talk about my car gives people this reaction:eek: ...
Some people pull up next to the car & look at the emblem & smile while pointing. They figure it's another idiot that has found his way into obtaining a cobra logo for a car that has nothing to do with it, then when the light hits green i floor it... Just a bit. I love that feeling! Not only that, guys, it's a lincoln! It's a true modern hotrod lincoln, the last one of it's kind. I drive this car because i like to be diferrent, i don't follow the pack, i love having my own identity! That's why i drive my mark viii!:steering

you hit the nail right on the head !! Right on !!

ive had all sports cars, old musclecars when i first saw the 98 lsc all blacked out 2 doors even with stock exhaust it had a respectable sound. fast foward to 2010 when i wasnt looking for one, i was going to get another cobra or trans am, just bought a new zx-10 so i had my speed, wanted something to cruise in in style, went to look at a bmw and an sl500 then i saw her sitting there in the corner of the lot with a 4995 tag and asked about it and it was on mgr special for the weekend for 3g cash. drove it loved it, then he startedwith 600 in "dealer prep fees" tax tag title,their 30 piont inspection yadda, yadda,yadda, still came back to 4995 i said nevermind,oh wait ill talk to the owner. told him i had the 3g cash deal i was told about, ill do the title tag, etc and " dealer fees" were illegal in fl for 2 years now, all said and done i got it for 3g, and never lookedback. i justfellinlove ith it cruisin around,then found all the cool things to do to it the 98 cobra similarities the first forum board ive ever been apart of and proud of the people associated with it all, just love the whole thing. thanks friends for all your help and advice and lincoln for making probably the last true musclecar.:invasion::invasion::invasion::L:invasion::invasion::invasion:

I'm new here but I have to say Bc they are different and a beast in guise. I love the speed and beating stupid tuners its well worth the gas price

I bought my mark because I simply wanted something different like you said..I didn't want a typical mustang, camaro, firebird, trans am, gto blah blah boring car that everyone and their brother own..plus the cheap(er) price tag didn't hurt..but I'd have to say my 97 thunderbird that I used to own is what really got me into liking mark viiis..

The first time I had ever heard of a mark viii was sometime in the late 90s when I was 13-14ish years old, my dads friend had just bought a black/black 94 mark viii and I remember my dad telling me it had the dohc cobra motor in it..I remember looking at it and thinking nothing of it..just seeing it as another newer car ( at the time)..well its funny how I have come around to loving mark viiis since then..I now have a totally different perspective. Surprisingly he actually still owns it after 13 years and lately I've been trying to convince my dad to take a ride with me to his shop..hoping he has the mark there with him so I can roll up in mine and watch the look on his face when a fellow 1st gen pulls up :)

Members online

No members online now.
Back