03+ LS in Tampa? Don't race a Stang again

9.5:1 - 10:1 compression on an N/A 4.6 SOHC with no spray and you think you're going to get how much RWHP? 650?!?!? Factoring in on the low side of 13% drivetrain loss and you're looking at 735 BHP. Or in Standard English Units, 735 POUNDS OF BULLSH!T

I love mustangs, so don't get me wrong... but your story about your stang smells like a barn. To get 650 RWHP from a N/A SOHC 4.6, no spray, you'd need some of the tallest cams available and about 13:1 compression with a rock solid bottom end perfectly balanced... because she wouldn't hit her power band until about 5500-7500 RPM

I believe that guy was talking about hitting 650rwhp after throwing either boost or spray on top of it, not just N/A. At least I hope that wasn't what he meant.

ILLS, the SCT bank can hold up to 4 tunes, right? I've been contemplating changing to SCT since Diablo only lets me have 3 tunes on my flip, and for that reason I would like to have the 4th option. Currently I have Race fuel with N20, N20 with 93 and street on 93. I would like to add street on Race fuel due to the fact that with the compression I have now, I can really benefit from the higher octane, especially when I install the GMS coils this coming weekend. Would you recommend the switch over the SCT? On the dyno with race fuel and just motor I had the benefit of 17 HP and 9 TQ, nothing major but the A/F line was a lot smoother due to the timing adjustment and the idle was just perfect.

I'm going to make one final observation and post. Who would buy a Mustang for a road course car anyway? Mustangs have solid axles and are best for drag racing. There are numerous other cars that are much better suited to a road course. I bet even a stock SVT Focus would push that Mustang in a serious course. A heavily modded SVT Focus would most definitely smoke a Mustang in the turns. Also, you say you tracked your Mustang but you hate drag racing. Does that mean you only tracked it on turns or have you actually run your Mustang in a quarter mile? That would be drag racing so you are contradicting yourself if you have. What is your E.T.?

Mustang Cobra (SN95-2)
1999, 2001; 2003-2004

Mustang Cobra R (SN95-2)

Above are factory produced mustang street models with fully indepedent rear suspensions, and a good number of them see serious SECA racing (espeiclaly the Cobra R). And don't forget the large number of Mustang Factory racers which were available in a varity of configurations.

Otherwise, with straight axle... I'm mostly agree; but if you're willing to spend the money, there are some very impressive 5-point rearend set-ups available to make that straight axle truily perform.

I believe that guy was talking about hitting 650rwhp after throwing either boost or spray on top of it, not just N/A. At least I hope that wasn't what he meant.

Of course. Once I do the bottom end (Diamond flat, dished to clear the valves and Manley rods) I will upgrade to a dual stage 200-250 shot. I'm not going to get 650 RWHP, but I'm shooting for 525-550 with the spray. I just ordered my 31 spline rear and will be going back to 3.73. The 4.10's now are just borderline with the power I have, can't imagine with that much power. N/A I'm hoping for 350-375, right now I'm at 329 RWHP and 348 RWTQ N/A. I'm running a 125 Shot and only got about 100-105 of true RWHP with the spray. I'm also going with a new DRY setup. My tuner told me that our 4.6 modular prefer dry.

Honestly, I'm having problems deciding if I'm going with Flat tops or Dished. Don't want to rule out the possibility of going with a blower and then have too high CR... But I'm leaning more towards the built nitrous motor. Although my experience is a bit mixed... This is what the main bearings looked like after 15K miles of driving with nitrous, out of my friends GT...

rodbearing004.jpg

rodbearing001.jpg

Of course. Once I do the bottom end (Diamond flat, dished to clear the valves and Manley rods) I will upgrade to a dual stage 200-250 shot. I'm not going to get 650 RWHP, but I'm shooting for 525-550 with the spray. I just ordered my 31 spline rear and will be going back to 3.73. The 4.10's now are just borderline with the power I have, can't imagine with that much power. N/A I'm hoping for 350-375, right now I'm at 329 RWHP and 348 RWTQ N/A. I'm running a 125 Shot and only got about 100-105 of true RWHP with the spray. I'm also going with a new DRY setup. My tuner told me that our 4.6 modular prefer dry.

In that case, go flat-top with butterfly cut valve reliefs and throw on a set of Patriot Performance stage III PI heads; they open up the combustion chamber, which will lower your compression... you'll have to do the research to find just what it will put you at. But wait... that is assuming you have a PI motor as it is (99-up); non PI- get dished and go with the heads, will raise your compression due to the chamber still being smaller than the non-PI heads (not not AS small as non-worked PI heads)

Sorry to be talking mustang info in here...

Mustang Cobra (SN95-2)
1999, 2001; 2003-2004

Mustang Cobra R (SN95-2)

Above are factory produced mustang street models with fully indepedent rear suspensions, and a good number of them see serious SECA racing (espeiclaly the Cobra R). And don't forget the large number of Mustang Factory racers which were available in a varity of configurations.

Otherwise, with straight axle... I'm mostly agree; but if you're willing to spend the money, there are some very impressive 5-point rearend set-ups available to make that straight axle truily perform.

Well, if he had a Cobra he would be a bit better off. I'm sure you can make any car handle well with enough money. I just don't see the point in spending so much on a Mustang when there are other options that will be much less expensive and still probably beat the Mustang. To each their own.

It's all about personal choice. I wish I could have worked with the LS to make it faster to my taste, but I didn't want to get into it having an 02 LS V8 with 98k miles and a whine coming from the differential. I could have gotten a Termi and save some work, but I got a hell of a deal on the GT, and even with all the money I'm putting in, I'm still about 10k lower of the Termi price and I'll be outperforming the Termi.

Now, like said, "To each their own". I have the utmost respect for the LSx Platform from GM. Those are just different engines, period. With just bolt-ons those things are capable of 12's, and I mean just simple bolt-ons like LT and intake. I've seen LS1 with Cams and Head work put down 390 HP to the wheels. Can't compare to the Stangs out of the box. If anything, the only Chevy I would own would be a Z06. I hate the looks of the Camaro, save the new one. But my next car will be the Challenger. I'm counting the days (Feb. 2008), but I'm keeping my Stang, it's all paid for!.

FastNsmoothLS, STFU AND STOP SAYING STUPID NUMBERS!!!! 2V HEAD CANT BREATH ENOUGH FOR THAT POWER SO STOP THE BS. GO TO STANGNET AND POST YOUR NUMBERS FOR THERE AFTERNOON LAUGH...I WILL BE OVER THERE TO ENJOY THE ENTERTAINMENT.

.....and an SVT Focus cant keep up with me in the turns...Sorry....but FR>FF

You're right, your NPI heads can't break crap. Poor little heads, boo-hoo...:D

READ YOU FOOL :mad:

-OEM 17x9 2003/2004 Cobra Wheels (Machined Finish)
-275/40ZR17 Nitto 555
-MRT Cold-Air Intake
4.9 CHP Stroker Kit with Aluminum Explore Block
Ford Racing 9 mm Wires
MSD Ignition Coils
Optima Red-Top
Full P.I. Swap
Ported & Polished Plenum
Ported and Polished Throttle Body
NRG Power Pack
Comp-Cams Mild Grind
Custom Oil Separator
Diablo Predator Tuned
UPR O/R X-Pipe
Flowmaster American Thunder Cat-Back
Cobra R Water Pump
Tremec TKO-500 Trans.
Pro 5.0 Shifter
Ford Racing 3.73 Gears

-Ford Heavy-Duty Bearings
Eibach Sportline Springs
Tokico 5-Way Sport Shocks
Suspension Techniques Sway Bars
Suspension Techniques End-Links
Maximum Motorsports K-Member Brace
Maximum Motorsports Subframe Connectors
Ford Racing/03' Cobra A-Arms
UPR Bumpsteer Kit
PBR/Cobra Caliper Painted Black
Stainless Steel Braided Lines
RotorPros Slotted Rotors
Hawk Pads

-6000k HID’s
Custom Lamin-X Yellow Fogs with Yellow Bulbs
Black Bumper Inserts
Window Tint
LED Plate Lights
Redline Tuning Hood Shocks
Mustang Tuning Shorty Antenna
AutoMeter Phantom Gauges
Sparco Racing Harnesses
Sparco Fighter
Apex-i Rev Meter
Redline Goods Leather Shift Boot
Hurst Black Shift Ball

BTW, what do you do for a living? I saw you posted something about computers up there...

"You guys need to be sent to the corner to Pout."

LMAO...this site is very fun to watch sometimes...so, has anyone determined who's is the biggest yet?

ILLS, the SCT bank can hold up to 4 tunes, right? I've been contemplating changing to SCT since Diablo only lets me have 3 tunes on my flip, and for that reason I would like to have the 4th option. Currently I have Race fuel with N20, N20 with 93 and street on 93. I would like to add street on Race fuel due to the fact that with the compression I have now, I can really benefit from the higher octane, especially when I install the GMS coils this coming weekend. Would you recommend the switch over the SCT? On the dyno with race fuel and just motor I had the benefit of 17 HP and 9 TQ, nothing major but the A/F line was a lot smoother due to the timing adjustment and the idle was just perfect.

I would say that the worthiness of the swap depends on how much of a priority it is for you to have the capability to have another tune. In my eyes I would say that it is not worth it if the swap from Diablo to SCT will be solely based on the extra tune, but that is just my opinion. Unless you are running really high CR then you will not see much gain running race fuel while off the juice. When running higher octane in an N/A setup there is a point of diminishing return once you go so far. That point is dependent on what your combustion chamber is like, what compression you have and so on...

Get your head out of your ass and start reasoning, wetback. And please, do a damn spell check, IDIOTA.

Come on no reason to resort to that.
+1

FastNsmoothLS - Really?.... Wetback??? Come on now. I'm mexican. Calling a hispanic "wetback" is like calling a white person "Saltine". Or a black person the "N" word. It's just not cool.

I can't believe this thread is still going on.

:confused: All this Tech Talk!!!! WHO IS RIGHT? WHO IS FULL OF CRAP???:confused:

I read the first post and knew where this was going. Just like the last thread he started.

I've raced quite a few 99-04s at the track and never felt whooped or got laughed at.

Sorry, my .02 and thats all.

Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords actually did a Non-PI build-up running a centrifigal super and worked non-PI heads that put down around 600 RWHP.

2V-PI engines are capible, if built correctly of numbers near 800HP and still semi street-able.

But of course, that is all providing a large amount of work and cash.

And naturally, there are much much better choices for track handleing over a mustang GT... but most of those choices are more expensive to start out. Everything has it's place.

Members online

No members online now.
Back