My new custom enclosure.

But the sub fits into it at an angle.

Correct. The angle is minimal though. I have no way of measuring it. But your right it could be a close one for subs with larger diameter drivers.

Aq2200 that's a great amp. That's what I'm running my xl on and it is solid, doesn't overheat or even warm up too much, clipping indicator on bass knob, oveall a great amp.

I'll be running it on a lvl4. Probably should've bought an XL, but these subs take a licking! Plus, that's just too much weight in the trunk for how low my car is right now.

yea i guess but then everyone is going to have the same box thats the only thing i hate

same box but different subs and setups....just like most of us have angel eyes.

And you are down to not very much volume. Can't remember the specs off hand, but I don't remember them having the construction/volume requirements to fit any type of big boy sub.

You seen how large my sub is and it fits it just fine.

Correct. The angle is minimal though. I have no way of measuring it. But your right it could be a close one for subs with larger diameter drivers.

Aq2200 that's a great amp. That's what I'm running my xl on and it is solid, doesn't overheat or even warm up too much, clipping indicator on bass knob, oveall a great amp.

AQ amps are the :q:q:q:q...i have an aq1200d and it doesnt overheat in 106 degree texas weather.

I'll be running it on a lvl4. Probably should've bought an XL, but these subs take a licking! Plus, that's just too much weight in the trunk for how low my car is right now.

The xl is a good sub. I can honestly say that this is as much bass as ill ever want, the uprade bug is not gonna bite me. The tickling sensation in my throat and uncomfortable feeling in th ear at night is more than enough for me.

I wont be untill i can start to crack my windshield.

Yeah but that's just on here. When are you ever going to run into another ls with anything similar to yours, unless it's at an LS meet. Unless you want be the ONLY one in the world with whatever you have, you dont really need to worry about it.

You seen how large my sub is and it fits it just fine.

AQ amps are the :q:q:q:q...i have an aq1200d and it doesnt overheat in 106 degree texas weather.

For some reason I forgot you had this box. Guess it shouldn't be a problem then!

Yeah but that's just on here. When are you ever going to run into another ls with anything similar to yours, unless it's at an LS meet. Unless you want be the ONLY one in the world with whatever you have, you dont really need to worry about it.

Thats what i was saying....i dont mind it at all.

For some reason I forgot you had this box. Guess it shouldn't be a problem then!

Yup when you purchase the box you send the guy the sub specs and if the sub wont clear the box he wont even build it.

The boxes arent premade...theyre made to order. It takes a few days to make and then the next day or so he ships out out. Like monday you pay and next monday its at your house.

Yup when you purchase the box you send the guy the sub specs and if the sub wont clear the box he wont even build it.

The boxes arent premade...

I sent him the exact specifications of how I wanted the box done for SSA DCON's and he delivered. I can use there whole series ICON's, XCON's and ZCON's as well if I want to upgrade as they have the same volume requirements.

attachment.php

I run the same custom box with 2 Alpine Type-R 10's as a sealed solution. I wanted fairly tight and accurate bass, as opposed to teeth-shattering volume or low-end.

This solution has worked out pretty well for me. As others have posted, this box allows easy access to the battery and spare wheel area, and pretty much matches the rest of the trunk's carpeting dead-on.

Granted, if you want to go the "true" custom route like a few others did then you may need to sacrifice trunk space, aesthetics, or something else to get the audio goal you're trying to attain. This was the best compromise for my needs and wants. Someday I may decide to fancy up the trunk decor, but with as much as I still use it for stuff now, this box works the best for me.

I need to get some Second Skin dampening on my trunk lid, though. I don't have issues with my plate (had 4 screws in it when I bought the car), but I have a slight rattle in the lid somewhere.

i tried to find the box on ebay and couldnt find it anywhere could some one plz direct me to the right spot thanx

Members online

Back