Supercharged Ls V8

should be about 80 - 100hp from stock. Not sure from where I am since I'm already 'a little over stock'....

trying to keep with stock injectors and stock fuel pump - then will go up on the injectors...

only stock internals.

Outstanding. Keep us posted. I'm excited to see this thing running and what kind of numbers and times you can lay down with it now.

Quik LS said:
I then started it....................
and it ran for about 5mins - sounds very serious.

congrats!!! started on the first try, very good, you rock.....

Can't wait to see the finished car and its numbers. I bet an extra 80hp would have been fun in the freezing rain last wednesday night.

QuikLS,

Hats off to you my friend looks great keep up the great work. Let me know if you need anything machined, I would be more then willing to help out. Good luck!

-Scott-

Hey Quik, I hadnt checked out the progress in a while and had (until now) pushed my dream of superchargin the LS off into the back of my mind. Once You guys get the bugs worked out and the kits ready Im buyin one.

Thanks for keeping the dream alive

Here's this weekend's update:

So you know I started the car for the first time last weekend - and found a leaky injector.

So this weekend - I tried several things to re-seat the injector without having to tear too many things apart - no luck.

So I finally dug back into it - I was lucky to only have to remove the SC top and downpipe plenum and was able to get to the fuel rail. It took a couple of hours as all the work is in very tight spaces.

I was able to remove the leaky injector and did find the nicked o-ring!!!

So now - buy new o-rings, reassemble, re-try..... ah for another day.

like your setup have you given anythought to inverting it as ive done for the tbird sc also if you do you can put a small water to air ic under it taking the room that was used for the blower top thus staying under the hood.
gth.jpg
or see my webshots for more pics I also have a setup for sm blk chevy

http://www.community.webshots.com/user/mannysc

Just curious...are you able to say when, if at all, your prototype will be up for public sale? As most are I am very excited and very impressed with your progress. I read something about the sc being half the cost of the mclaren (about $3500). Is this the rough price you would charge? Thanks in advance.

Question on why the Eaton SC

I was woundring, since the 3.9L V8 that we all love so much ing our LS's is the AJ-V8 Jaguar motor. It is for all intents and purposeses identical "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaguar_AJ-V8_engine" to the Motor that Jag puts in the XKR, Landrover, Austin Martian... and puts a supercharger on it in may of these auto's. Both the 3.9 and 4.2 are built on the same block and both have a 86MM bore, the only diff is the 4.2 has a 90.2MM stoke VS. a 85MM in the the 3.9L.

SO when adding a a supercharger to the LS why not look at using the parts that Jaguar uses when making the XKR such a beast.

OR

Am I just being stupid and just not noticing that the Jaguar SC is in fact a EATON M searies charger like Ford has been using on the motors for years.

SD

nope - not a stupid question - it's asked a lot.

The McLaren LS tried to use the exact same setup - and so does the S-Type R. the parts alone are over $7k. not including all the same issues of routing vacuum lines, cables, electrical, throttle, ...etc - since the Jags do not use anything else similar (other than the block).

The first post in this thread is from someone who purchased a 'jag' setup.

If fact - it was sold on e-bay by the same guy (Geoff Knight) who is helping make mine. The parts are just too costly to make it a kit.

Quick LS you are so nice...and not just occasionally, always, a fine man. LVC...only the finest are here.

Thanks,

MsM8

Thanks alot for the quick answer. I just got my first LS and I am trying to lear my way around it.

Here's an update:
Tore some part up to get to the fuel rail, replaced the leaking injector o-ring...

so the fuel leak is fixed

put everything back together.

The car is running, rough and stumbley.... at idle, give it some throttle - yikes! Sounds mean....

So now I have to check for vacuum leaks and ensure I'm getting the proper amount of vacuum at idle.

more this weekend.

:gr_hail: Quik, as stated before you are the man. You've got us all sitting on pins and needles. Take your time do it right, but hurry up every chance you get. LOL
BTW this has to be the top viewed and posted thread in LVC history!

I would be willing to take a trip to Austin to see this in person once it's complete, gotta here it in person. We should plan a to meet around this one!

I think he's already driving it. Quiks keeping it a secret. Its one of those things you start to tell people about, then decide to keep it to yourself instead. Kinda like the last beer, but bigger.

itsnotmydaddys said:
what kinda numbers are u hoping to get outta the SC

80hp or so... not sure how much on the stock injectors until we have it running clean. Then I may swap up on injectors and see where is goes. The SVC guys claimed they had their LS mule at 400hp.

Members online

No members online now.
Back