Supercharged Ls V8

Quik --

I'm new to this board but have read every post in this thread about your project... all I have to say is -- GOOD WORK.

Can't wait to see the results when you get it on the street and tweaked!

Not sure how much you'll have into this project, but I'm guessing I'll have to live vicariously through you. :cool:

Keep er' going.

Bozz

wow im major impressed!!

looks awesome cant wait to see the car in action it will be sweet.

good luck and keep me informed of the progress i like this one alot.

I lurk around different sites but this project has had my attention from day one .

nice nice nice did i say nice?

I am putting the intercooler piping on for final assembly - cleaning all the filings, attaching the permenant couplings, ... should be finished this weekend as I have all the parts now. I'm on the last few pieces - but they are the weird shaped ones - so taking my time to make sure I have a good seal.

then I have some minor fitment trimming (I'm guessing) to put the front facisa back on.

I'll post more pics late Sunday.

I've been following this thread since it started...can't wait to see the outcome. I was wondering if anybody knows any other place besides lskoncepts to get aftermarket parts for my ls. I'm fairly new to the LS club (just sold a 98 GTP), and i can't believe I haven't found many performance upgrades. Any help would be awesome......Thanks:D

Ahh... I want this thing to be finished already! haha

Wait... I'm too lazy to go back and re-read all the posts, but if/when it's done and I'm guessing more will be made (otherwise I doubt people would be as interested), will it be made for all model years, or just '00-'02?

Mesh Grill (LS)

Where did you get that mesh grill for the LS, I have seen the vertical and the horizontal grills, but not mesh.

jolinc01 said:
I've been following this thread since it started...can't wait to see the outcome. I was wondering if anybody knows any other place besides lskoncepts to get aftermarket parts for my ls. I'm fairly new to the LS club (just sold a 98 GTP), and i can't believe I haven't found many performance upgrades. Any help would be awesome......Thanks:D

It depends on what year you got. If you have an 03+ V8 then shoot me a PM. :cool:

lexmarkz00 said:
Ahh... I want this thing to be finished already! haha

Wait... I'm too lazy to go back and re-read all the posts, but if/when it's done and I'm guessing more will be made (otherwise I doubt people would be as interested), will it be made for all model years, or just '00-'02?

all years - little differences between the pre-03s and 03s+

TonyGunzZ said:
Where did you get that mesh grill for the LS, I have seen the vertical and the horizontal grills, but not mesh.

made it - $8 bucks of stainless mesh off e-bay. I then cut it and attached it.

mesh grill

can you post a close up pick of your grill?

grill

sorry for double posting but i got the mesh and cut it but how did you go about attaching it?

I'll start another thread on grills - so everyone can post theirs.

I used 'clear' tie-wraps to attach the mesh to the plastic grill.

update

Here's pics of the intercooler install.

left to do:
- reinstall the front bumper - minor fit and trimming
- rebuild my cold air box to match up with my hood scoop
- start it up...

Here's pics of the front of the car.

- the short side is from the SC, leaving the return side, longer travel through the tubing, to help add more cooling.

- the tubing runs behind the bumper as to not block any more airflow to the rad

- relocated the horn from behind the bumper to behind the grill

IC - front.jpg

IC - front - diagram.jpg

Here are pics of the engine bay....

- the output form the SC goes down and under the intake filter

- the 'cooled' return come into the engine bay and then around the end of the filter then over top of the shock tower then into the output plenum

BTW: don't worry - the blue elbow will be replace with a black one once they have them in stock....

IC - engine bay.jpg

IC - engine bay 2.jpg

I think you can fit more under that hood. Looks great can't wait to see the numbers

right - somewhere in the 14 pages I reference both sccoa (which I am on) and Magnum Powers.

I know it's a long read - but I think you'll find alot of info about our cars in those pages....

I can't wait to see what happens with this car...just got a 04 LS 3.9 and am looking into some intake and exhaust work...anything as quiet as it is has to be gasping for some more air.

Members online

No members online now.
Back