What did you do to your LS today?

Today I changed out the fog light assemblies. The passenger side had a crack in the lens when I bought the car and then sometime down the road well over a year ago, the whole lens shattered. I had to take the bumper cover off because there is no access to the top two bolts on the assemblies, still not bad at all.

After I was finished of course they look great but made the headlights and the whole car look dingy. So a super clean and wax followed.

fog1.jpg

fog2.jpg

fog3.jpg

fog4.jpg

View attachment 828471918
Replaced coils and plugs, man them coil covers are a pain......

one of the times I replaced my coils, I had a threaded insert come out of the valve cover like how that upper center one looks. I used a little of the Liquid kind of JB Weld (not the thicker clay consistently kind) to glue the insert back in, haven't had a problem since.

Looks good izzy, keep spending money on that LS, never mind the wedding!

004.jpgNot sure I'm liking the white Flexidip, was thinking of painting it the car color with black or blue accent lines and logo. While I was waiting I also change my regular sylvania light bulbs and fogs to sylvania zXe's 9006's and 9005's and 9005's in the fogs002.jpg

004.jpg

002.jpg

My managers at the car dealership can run a plate and get the name of the owner, so it's not limited to the government. Still, it jsut makes me feel better blocking it out.

I guess Jalopnik had an older article saying you can get the owner's address by filling out a form and waiting. Back then, at least, they blurred standard plates but left relevant vanity plates unblurred

My managers at the car dealership can run a plate and get the name of the owner, so it's not limited to the government. Still, it jsut makes me feel better blocking it out.

I guess Jalopnik had an older article saying you can get the owner's address by filling out a form and waiting. Back then, at least, they blurred standard plates but left relevant vanity plates unblurred

I just find it overkill considering 1,000s of people see my plate every day along with my face and can gladly follow me back to my apartment if they really want to.

Also you can get more info from the IP address you use on the internet. Not to mention every move people put on social media. Big data companies probably know more about myself than I do.

I blur them out because should I torque someone off badly enough on a board (and you don't even have to really do anything, you may just post something up that pisses on their favorite hobby horse like, oh, I don't know, slamming the engineers that did stupid stuff on the LS or mention how all Canadian tractor jockeys are dillholes :) ) and they get my tag number, I may come out of a store to find my car trashed and have no idea who or why because said torqued off person began checking the tags of every blue LS with chrome door sills he saw and eventually finds mine. Not that it matters, of course, because really he only has a year to find mine because when I renew my tags I always get a new plate because as an aggressive driver I do sometimes torque people off and I don't want to find my car trashed one day several months later because said torqued off person started checking tag numbers on every blue LS with chrome door sills he saw and eventually finds mine. I may not like my LS but it doesn't mean I want to see it destroyed and I don't want to go to prison for beating someone to death because I came out of a store and found someone trashing my car. So, I blur my tags to save lives!

I do but I ran into some trouble, one set got tinted too dark another has a chip out of a corner and opposite has some missing rubber gasket.
need fresh replacement set.

Telco, are you back to sniffing glue again?

New rubber ( Achilles ATR Sport 245/35R20 ) not starting a tire debate :p

20150320_134017_zps01ce555b.jpg

New Rear toe links

20150320_183129_zps22b5611a.jpg

20150320_191219_zpsb8362939.jpg

pealed a wheel (had a few imperfections in the dip) ... happy to report that almost two years of all season driving, Chrome was MINT under the dip....

20150321_201803_zps620f4de6.jpg

20150321_201823_zps7c689d21.jpg

Alignment, new battery, rewired trunk, redipped that wheel, and a few keys cut (spares) .... let the summer begin.

Wish I had know or they had them when I picked up mine, ended up with the plain black versions. <shrugs>

looks good G .... I could always get some chrome paint on rattle can LOL ... at least I hit them with some clear in attempt to prevent early rust.

PS: your rear stabilizer end link is bent!

Members online

No members online now.
Back