What did you do to your LS today?

Yes sir, I wash ,waxed the car ( meguiars spray wax) and used perfect surface (fast n flawless) to make it butter smooth

IMG_20150627_180648.jpg

Used to have another member on here that always showed pics of his LS inside a parts garage/storage like that. If I didn't know any better I'd say one and the same person.

Looks good, was not aware one could apply any polish to a dip, though it was wash only.

there are a bunch of excess stuff you can do to keep it smooth and clean , most people just don't do it , and if this is the a$$hole you are talking about then yes it is me haha

IMG_20150504_142330.jpg

man I have really been struggling to decide which color I want to dip my LS in... I've been torn between antricite, stealth bomber black or koi orange. while probably my favorite option is the koi orange, its probably out of the running just because I dont want to be cop bate!

f*ck beans I wish I didn't drive a little fast all the time! that would be awesome!!

Who was the clown here that did that???

One of the trolls, who came on asking how to get into the trunk because the battery was dead and his key wasn't working, so he claimed to have beat a hole through the trunk lid. I think it was a year or so ago.

there are a bunch of excess stuff you can do to keep it smooth and clean , most people just don't do it , and if this is the a$$hole you are talking about then yes it is me haha

Hahaha, I knew it! Welcome back to LVC

I changed the oil and filter, the engine air cleaner and the a/c cabin filter as well as the fuel filter in my '04 V8 Sport over the weekend. I still need to install the fresh set of spark plugs along with new COP boots and then get around to installing the new pair of rear toe links and get the car aligned.

Since the front end was up in the air, with the driver's front wheel off, I tried to see if I could track down the source of the irritating squeaking noise that has been getting worse. It turned out to be the sway bar mount bushings. I did some researching and then ordered a set of Energy Suspension 9.5171G bushings off eBay along with a pair 1-3/16" 2-pcs clamp on shaft collars (aka split collars) from McMaster-Carr to hold the sway bar in-place side to side.

The setup will end up looking similar to this photo that I found on the Mark VIII forum.

View attachment 828472908

Here is my write-up on the install with photos;

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/fo...n-II-V8-Sport-replaced-front-sway-bar-bushing

Had a nasty misfire they other day and a cel light, showed number 4. Picked up two coils just incase, bwd brand and some new motorcraft plugs along with dielectric grease. Found number 4 soaked in oil, the well was pretty full but no one had the valve cover gaskets in stock, Replaced the coil and plug in 20 mins and ordered the gaskets..... cars running better then when I bought it 4 years ago, all ways had what felt like a very slight misfire at idle but never threw a cel until the other day when it became very noticeable.

I got the valve cover gaskets today, Felpro VS 50724 R FOR A GEN 2 V8, can anyone tell me if I should have 4 of the larger spark plugs tube seals or 8 in this kit? I would assume 8 from the few pictures I can find using the search but every thing has ben gen 1 picture wise on here and I've never torn into one of these before. Want to make sure I have everything before pulling the covers. I have 4 larger tube seals, 28 grommets 1 o-ring and 4 smaller grommet/seals.

going off this pic on fleabay I am missing 4 of the larger tube seals $_35.JPG

$_35.JPG

Had a nasty misfire they other day and a cel light, showed number 4. Picked up two coils just incase, bwd brand and some new motorcraft plugs along with dielectric grease.

8 coils, 8 plugs. Anything less is asking for more down time because Cyl 6 will misfire in a month, or maybe Cyl 1 in a week, or Cyl 3 in two months. I can't comment on BWD

I got the valve cover gaskets today, Felpro VS 50724 R FOR A GEN 2 V8, can anyone tell me if I should have 4 of the larger spark plugs tube seals or 8 in this kit?

8 cylinders means 8 spark plug wells means 8 spark plug well gaskets

LOL. Found this Gen 1 LSE front bumper for $1000. And they have the nerve to charge $58 for shipping (at least for me).

5 times the price normal people would pay, and they charge shipping. God help whoever buys that overpriced listing. Then again, the Facebook LS group is filled with people who paid like $8000 on 15 year old LSes via loans.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2002-Lincol...-02-/151728236877?hash=item2353b5294d&vxp=mtr

Edit: Or am I just totally off base with the value? I can't see spending probably 1/3 the car's worth for a bumper

I think it's over priced, but if it was the last one and it was buy it or put a regular bumper on my LSE I might consider it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back