What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

I went to see my dad today to give him some Christmas gifts and got caught in my garage queen... IN THE RAIN!!! Oh, my heavens. Car behaved wonderfully of course, but it took me forever to clean, dry, and apply another coat of spray wax to her. She's no longer angry with me. :D

well i went to replace the plugs and found the plugs floaing in oil! i need valve covers gaskets ans seals. now where did i leave that ball peen hammer?

Minor leak for me, too. Just means I get to powder coat my covers now that I have an excuse!!!! Seems like a lot of us are on the 15-year-gasket plan. Lots of this going around right now. Pretty decent amount of service, though. I'll take it!

yeah i have read about this issue a lot.
is it to protect the ballasts from a voltage drop while cranking?

I would think that except for 2 things though. It only did it to me once and I always have the auto light feature on. That and my '96 was not a HID car and it did it when I left Englishtown and was in a long line at the gas station :confused:

I just saw a brand new Challenger on the way home from the store a few minutes ago that already has a burned out tail light:eek: A brand new Challenger!!!! Incandescent bulbs suck!! I'm glad they'll be phased out by 2014. It's an outdated technology that should have been gone years ago. I love my LED's :)

Noticed alot of new Benz's with the same problem. Blows my mind for such a new and high-dollar vehicle. Seems like auto manufacturers are buying some parts all from the same factory in China. :shifty:

minus the gauge cluster and the lights in the EATC, i can probably count on one hand the number of halogens left in my car. its all LED or HID now.
i'm watching what Trippen does for LEDs in the cluster.

minus the gauge cluster and the lights in the EATC, i can probably count on one hand the number of halogens left in my car. its all LED or HID now.
i'm watching what Trippen does for LEDs in the cluster.

+1, and what Terry does with the message center

ace hardware is where i got my last set. i just took the whole solenoid in with me.
use silicon grease when installing. makes it work way better.

i dont mind paing for parts but orings are way overpriced through arnott! not to mention shipping is allmost as much as the parts.

Sprayed down the uca/lca bushing so that they quite down a bit. Other than that I've left her alone for the long weekend.

went to lowes and the closest size they had was a#18 oring. went to ford picked up 2 square keys and programed them. found a extra remote and programed it. found it now unlocks both cars at the same time wierd. avoiding the valve covers for now. i must fix the airride first. well merry christmas everyone!

went to lowes and the closest size they had was a#18 oring. went to ford picked up 2 square keys and programed them. found a extra remote and programed it. found it now unlocks both cars at the same time wierd. avoiding the valve covers for now. i must fix the airride first. well merry christmas everyone!

You must have put both cars in programming mode at the same time with your new fob, so now they work both cars. That's actually kind of convenient I would think! Bonus! :cool:

I actually felt kind of lucky that my ignition key works both my LSC and my TBird, so I only have to carry one set of keys (but I still have two key fobs).

tried to replace just the mast on my radio ant..that didn't work so I used the backup complete motor/mast assembly..I guess if a piece of the plastic gear strip breaks off in the motor, it's done

My Son drove my 93 from Ft. Lauderdale to my new house in North Port (approx 170 miles one way). We changed the spark plugs and then noticed he had no tread left on the two rear tires! He decided to remove the 20s and put on the octis I bought from marked 8 a year ago. Then we washed and waxed it. I truly can't think of a better way to spend Christmas day. I hope everyone else had a merry Christmas.

Carved up a light; set for rehab!

my first go at this
PC250064_zpsa172501c.jpg

PC250060_zpsbfa6534d.jpg

PC250062_zps1f17c42c.jpg

my first go at this
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg597/dnsherrill/PC250064_zpsa172501c.jpg
[IMG]http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg597/dnsherrill/PC250060_zpsbfa6534d.jpg
[IMG]http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg597/dnsherrill/PC250062_zps1f17c42c.jpg[/QUOTE]

How did you get that apart? Dremel?

Members online

Back