What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

They have been opened and LED's installed instead. Someone on here done it and made a video on YouTube to show how good it lights up. I doubt you're going to be able to fix the neon bulb itself but what do you have to lose?

bulb is fine. Thought i might swap my housing assy. with w/s and studs all in place but cannot see how you can get this open w/o damage and seal back up again.
will work ou the top w/s with something it just needs to keep a bulk of the water from going behind the assy. epoxy the crap out of the studs and hope for the best. it was free why not.

bulb is fine. Thought i might swap my housing assy. with w/s and studs all in place but cannot see how you can get this open w/o damage and seal back up again.
will work ou the top w/s with something it just needs to keep a bulk of the water from going behind the assy. epoxy the crap out of the studs and hope for the best. it was free why not.

I know it can be opened but I'm not sure how they done it. Maybe used a heat gun and pried on it as they went around the edges, very carefully. Then again, it seems like they drilled a hole for each LED light they put in... Maybe that's what I'm thinking about. If you ever did get it open, I highly doubt it would ever seal up again and be air tight to keep moisture out but it is possible. It would be a job that I'd hate to tackle. Like you said, it was free but a heat gun and slowly prying my way around the edges is what I would try. Harbor Freight has them fairly cheap.

To roll or shave, machine hub spacing or new wheels???

20130304_083321.jpg

20130304_083337.jpg

That is the question

To roll or shave, machine hub spacing or new wheels???

That is the question

Damn Sapper, you're tires are really stuck out there. Now I see why you might be wanting to sell them to someone that owns a Mustang. I don't think you're going to be able to fix that and make it look pretty and you still don't have the tires you want yet. Get those sold dude and get the other offset so you can get the wider tires you want and maybe very little rolling, if any. I didn't realize they were out that far.

I get to start her up later today when I get home so I can move her and get access to my buddies table saw that is behind it. Too much mess still on the roads so it won't leave the driveway.:(

Got in the car today and, no blower motor, figures! Checked all fuses (all good) and I do have power to the black/orange wire (checked with meter). I can only assume this means motor finally took a crap. Can this be replaced without pulling the dash? It looks like with a little bit of moving things around it should come out through the glove box opening. Could this be possible? Could it really be that simple?

Got in the car today and, no blower motor, figures! Checked all fuses (all good) and I do have power to the black/orange wire (checked with meter). I can only assume this means motor finally took a crap. Can this be replaced without pulling the dash? It looks like with a little bit of moving things around it should come out through the glove box opening. Could this be possible? Could it really be that simple?

Have you tried all this first?

[url]http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/tech/lincoln-mark-viii/blower-motor-repair/index.htm[/URL]

Greased my rear anti-sway bar mounts, no more squeeks :)
Posted the new FR500s for sale

No...I didn't try all that, but I'm going out there right now to give it a try! I have to try everything you guy's suggest 1st before anything else, just because you guy's seem to know these cars better then anyone else! I didn't have intermittent contact. It worked Friday and didn't Sunday (no drive on Saturday). It didn't make any noises like it was getting ready to go out. Just nothing! My connector seems to be nice and tight (had to wrestle around with it to get it off) to check for voltage.

I've been wanting to take care of rattles in the rear caused by the sub.. so
20130304_155608.jpg

This is the foam strip you'd get for insulation around the edge of a window unit AC. Cut in little squares and stuck to the bottom side of the body , then put the push pin back thru.

And behind the license plate, and also a thin strip on the backside of the plates frame

20130304_155358.jpg

No more rattles back there now ;)

Blower Motor!

TERRY MAN!...I LOVE YOU!...This worker perfectly! Not sure why! (I really didn't think this would work)...Did everything just like posted (pics included). It was ice raining when I tried this.
Dam....you are (BAD A$$!)
I was planning on a new blower motor and the time to do it. but with this fix....it worked perfectly!!!! The blower, blow's like a wind tunnel!
I removed the wire because of the ice rain, you can see on the seat (and took it into a heated environment).
I'm gonna give you a BIG frick'n kiss when I meet you in person!!!

Chalk up another fix to the GOOD people here on LVC!!!!

I have heat again!!! total cost....NOTH'N!

Blower Motor repair (1).jpg

Blower Motor repair (2).jpg

Blower Motor repair (3).jpg

Blower Motor repair (4).jpg

I don't know. I think it may be a T4. I've got some T5's and they're too big. They may fit in the instrument panel, but not the EATC. I just want to know for absolutely sure what size I need before I order them.

Wasn't there just a thread on this?

change number 4 coil and #2 boot. Runs much better. Found some oil in the sparkplug boots so valve cover gaskets are next.

got my 98 trans finished last night, started her today and put in 11 qt's of Mercon V

runs and moves, but havent gotten on the streets yet. damn snow....

have 4" of snow here, going to get 8-12" -_-

20130306_143846.jpg

This

I pull my seats out when I vacuum, tired of seeing the little square rust spots under the anchor points... and STILL sucking coffee out of the carpet from the last owner

Members online

No members online now.
Back