What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Buried under 10" of snow and still run's better then the two other 4x4"s. DAM!!! Cleaned her off for tomorrow's run's. This suck's!...But at least I can count on the Mark! And the heat work's now!

watched my HID's flash off then back on while driving..wondered if or when they'll go off and stay off

my black carpet is much cleaner than my white carpet :cool:
P1060113_zps2ae27ae4.jpg

I was just shopping for rotating assemblies a day ago for my spare engine. Sucks that the forged cranks are over a Grand but the cast stuff is only good for 500HP :(

Done a complete oil change today after I let the other Mobil 1 FS High Mileage run through it for a couple of weeks. Now it has 6 fresh quarts of Mobil 1 FS High Mileage and a Mobil 1 oil filter. I now have 38 miles on the new oil because I had to take my son to another city to see a doctor. I was glad to give it that run anyway. Everything just feels so much smoother now and it seems to crank right up a lot smoother. Maybe it's all in my mind.

Next is to install the XP-104 plugs but the new 5 channel amp will be here tomorrow and I need to pull my box and wire the three subs in parallel because the Polk amp is stable at 1 ohm and I'll be at 1.33 ohms. :) I might just get it all done tomorrow, amp and the new plugs... Going to be 70 Saturday and 71 Sunday. I'll be done with everything by then for sure.

Oh yeah, I took a pic of the inside of a new Motorcraft oil filter and a Mobil 1 and you can see the difference between the two and the Mobil 1 has some weight to it compared to the Motorcraft filter. Well, you can look inside and decide for yourself which one would have the better flow and work the best.

Motorcraft inside

2013-03-07131201_zps192f6f38.jpg

Mobil 1 inside

2013-03-05130431_zps8ba60e10.jpg

2013-03-05130224_zps25c582a6.jpg

The fl820s oil filter is very generally used among many ford vehicles from the 2000 Taurus to the 2010 f150. It's not gonna be anything fancy lol

Terry. What's the price difference between those two?

Depends where you get them I guess. My local O'Reilly's has them for around $12 each but I found one on Amazon for $8 + shipping which turned out to be the same. They have a double pack for $22 but not sure if shipping would be included or not. Either way, I can feel the difference and the Mobil 1 filters are well worth the money IMO. The car runs a lot cooler and I don't think it's just the oil making this happen. I think the flow plays a big part in this too.

2013-03-05131011_zpsa3a55bef.jpg

This is the oil I used.

2013-03-07121824_zpsadd6e301.jpg

I meant to take a pic yesterday while I was on the HWY at 75 and 80 to show where my temp gauge was setting. It's lower now than it used to be. It was usually almost in the middle but not quite. Yesterday it was about 1/4 or just a tad over but not much at all.

I meant to take a pic yesterday while I was on the HWY at 75 and 80 to show where my temp gauge was setting. It's lower now than it used to be. It was usually almost in the middle but not quite. Yesterday it was about 1/4 or just a tad over but not much at all.
oh really?? I never considered oil flow voulme rates affecting engine temp; it's all tied together I guess, my temp gauge needle is rarely below 'M'...more often at 'R' and often up into 'O'
---
did you make an aluminum foil cover for the oil to flow across when you changed the filter? I did that last time...worked okay

Well I went with NAPA Platinum and Royal Purple about 3000 miles ago.

Immediately felt different and mileage went up a bit but I can't claim to have felt the oil filter making a difference. ;)

I always spike and drain my filters, with a foil drain for mark VIIIs, much less mess done right.

help me out, spike and foil drain?

lol

I just twist mine loose and let it drain down to the pan. No foil, no poking holes (spiking) in the filter. I just take a microfiber rag and wipe away the oil while I have it off and then put on the new one. It's not that big of a mess to wipe away for me. We all have our own ways I guess.

lol

I just twist mine loose and let it drain down to the pan. No foil, no poking holes (spiking) in the filter. I just take a microfiber rag and wipe away the oil while I have it off and then put on the new one. It's not that big of a mess to wipe away for me. We all have our own ways I guess.

Then it ends up all over the motor and in that piece underneath.

Spike it with a screwdriver with a nicely shaped piece of foil in place. Drain that into the same pan you drained your oil into. Spin it off when it's done. No muss, no fuss, easy peasy.

Got the 5 channel Polk amp in today. I'll have it in tomorrow sometime. It's smaller than I was expecting it to be but it has some weight to it. Thinking of just putting it in the trunk tub or behind the sub box since it's so small. Has a lot of little knobs to adjust first before placing it where ever I put it. In the reviews, one or two mentioned to not let the small size fool you. :shifty: Guess I'll see tomorrow, maybe tonight. Next door neighbor gets pissed if I boom the three 10's and I will be pissed if I put in a new amp and can't test it the way I want. He works tomorrow so...

Polk5ChannelAmp-1_zpsad8e04f9.jpg

Polk5ChannelAmp-2_zpsf7631e91.jpg

Then it ends up all over the motor and in that piece underneath.

All over the motor? Do you change your oil with the car upside down or something? :p

Yeah, I get some oil on the piece underneath but it wipes away a lot quicker than you can make your foil and poke a hole in the filter. I get zero drops on the motor when I loosen it full. I think I get more on my valve cover when pouring new oil in than I do "underneath" but I surround the hole with another microfiber rag and none gets on the lower part of the engine itself. I don't spill much. :)

All over the motor? Do you change your oil with the car upside down or something? :p

Yeah, I get some oil on the piece underneath but it wipes away a lot quicker than you can make your foil and poke a hole in the filter. I get zero drops on the motor when I loosen it full. I think I get more on my valve cover when pouring new oil in than I do "underneath" but I surround the hole with another microfiber rag and none gets on the lower part of the engine itself. I don't spill much. :)

I dunno you have to turn the filter then slide it out. How you do that with a full filter and not make a mess is difficult for me to understand. I like it empty, or nearly so, before I spin it off. I have been changing oil filters like this for several centuries, well in anyway, now. ;)

my 97 sprung a leak from the right side of trans. Was on my way to movies. Drove my 98 instead.

Well. Found my oil leak :(

Got a new OPSU yesterday and installed it this morning. As I was tightening it down, this happened.

OIL LEAK.JPG

Anybody got a good oil filter adapter? I apparently need one...

OIL LEAK.JPG

Well. Found my oil leak :(

Got a new OPSU yesterday and installed it this morning. As I was tightening it down, this happened.

View attachment 828454722

Anybody got a good oil filter adapter? I apparently need one...

I think I have a couple extras. I'll look

How come you're not using Teflon tape on those threads? if I had to describe you in one word it would be "badatfollowingdirections"

Members online

No members online now.
Back