What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

4-27-10

Hello everybody, I'm new to the site. Today I got my new FRPP plug wires in the mail, then went and got me some new plugs (autolite 764, based on other user feedback), a water-pump gasket, and a fuel filter. I am hoping to pick up my new K&N air filter tomorrow and then change my water-pump. Goal is to get it to KCIR in the next week or two and set a baseline pass. I've got to get it in good tune and then it is going to MC Racing to have the Suprerchip programed. I've had a good time lurking on here for a while and am now ready to become part of your community. Thanks for having me, lol.

Hello everybody, I'm new to the site. Today I got my new FRPP plug wires in the mail, then went and got me some new plugs (autolite 764, based on other user feedback), a water-pump gasket, and a fuel filter. I am hoping to pick up my new K&N air filter tomorrow and then change my water-pump. Goal is to get it to KCIR in the next week or two and set a baseline pass. I've got to get it in good tune and then it is going to MC Racing to have the Suprerchip programed. I've had a good time lurking on here for a while and am now ready to become part of your community. Thanks for having me, lol.

welcome...i would've replaced the water pump while you were at it though.

Fixed the damn electrical connection between the controller and the interior fan! SH!TTY Plastic connector melted! Yea now I have heat and defroster!

Got new MOOG strut bushings, front brake pads,, Now the fun ofinstalling them this weekend...

blew out my oil psi sending unit yesterday, just before a 2 hour drive. only thing close was ........ugh autozone, the kid told me they cant get a sender for a 98 markviii, so i asked for a 97 bird, and same story. but he does have one in stock for a 97 bird with a digital dash....:shifty:..........even though they didnt have a digital dash in 97..........whatever i asked to see it it looked like, and it looked like any other ford oil psi sender, so i bought it and some oil, and of course i was at the only autozone that doesnt rent tools......i poured a quart of oil in and prayed on the 3 miles back to my parents house (where my tools are) and swapped it out, yea no more leak, but i got no oil light now either. that one must be for a psi gauge not the dummy light, it worked in a pinch hell a plug woulda worked for that case. dont worry i will be getting a correct one, the only reason i knew i had a problem was the oil light came on

ours got to obtain some dust sitting down the street because it likes to pee oil when we start it, what a fail

welcome...i would've replaced the water pump while you were at it though.

Thanks for the welcome. I had the new pump just no gasket, that has changed today. Went and bought a new tool set to replace the stolen set from my garage (Sears is having a kick butt sale right now), I got the new gasket, and the K&N filter. Thinking I may go down to the garage and start working on it before too long. Gotta finish laundry first, also have a broke-down motorcycle that may get the attention first. Who knows?

Bought some more parts for the blower. Now I have everything NEEDED for install but am still waiting to buy the wideband and boost gauges.

Drove it to the FlyLeaf/10 Years/Three Days Grace concert....whooohooo!!!!

Lent my 97 to a friend so I could do the front brakes on his car. His comments were pretty funny....

Purred like a kitten. Well, growled like a large heavy kitten.

That’s a big damn car.

Drove it to the FlyLeaf/10 Years/Three Days Grace concert....whooohooo!!!!

I saw Three Days Grace last year at "The Mother of All Derby Eve Concerts" the night before the Kentucky Derby, it was a great show. This year Puddle of Mud is the headliner....and yeah im going for free again!!!! WOOOHOOO!!!!!

Just finished putting on new Monroe sensa trac's on the rear with new solid steel shock mounts. No more damn clunking anymore. The ride is a lot better now too. Could be cause it's quieter. That noise was about to drive me insane.

Pulled off my cracked rotor and installed new ones. Love Brake Motive. Great company. :)

Put the CobraStars on and wiped it down, took it for a drive and saw a 97 LSC white, I thought it was LaserSVT until I got closer behind it, sawed off mufflers and dirty was obvious I have found another

pulled up next to it and got some props for the CobraStars, I asked if he wanted to check out rides and we went to the pepboys parking lot.
His has the 10 spokes on it, grey interior with moon roof...and being a Mark8 I quickly assesed the damages...
Front bumper and grill are a little busted, ashtray is smashed in a bit, mufflers have been cut off..a few scratches and little dents.
His name is Eli and I've invited him here, let's see if we can save another Mark from the grave

Just went out and adjusted my headlights.....only after 3+ months since Jamie rechromed them for me. I can now see about 30 feet!!!! Best part is im not blinding anyone, Sweet!!!

Took a trip to Clarksville TN then cam haulin ass back across the state line running 120ish with the ole lady grabbing the door handle with her eyes closed. Some how I dont theink she thought it was as fun as i did. LOL :D

Washed it and drove it to check out a truck. Parked it in the street, might get to collect some insurance money.

Washed it then changed the oil. After that I ordered some more parts for it. :lol:

Members online

No members online now.
Back