What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

I took the neon off of the car and checked it for any corrosion on the connections to see if it was the reason it worked sometimes yes and sometimes no. Turns out it corroded and broke off and a little bit of the wire would touch the ground and cause it to work.

I re-did the end and cleaned it up nice and it works everytime now :) I'm currently looking at my pass side tail light and fixing the corner so it fits better. :)

WELL THIS SUCKS! It isn't working like it was just a few hours ago. I checked it last night in the dark and it works when it wants to again. I turn the lights on and run to the back to see my neon flickering and then it comes on. Sometimes it just stays off. Guess I'll be getting that glitch ballast soon.

I changed my diode rear turn signals on bulbs. Diodes suck.

here's a photo from the weekend:

luotvoviueq.jpg

Do you mean you changed your LED's back to incandescents? Personally, I love my LED turn signals. They're cool as heck! I just wish it didn't give me that dam "check tail lamps" warning:rolleyes:

add a resistor before (or in parallel with) the leds - that should solve your problem.

I tried both and seems to that the bulbs are brighter. Also half the of diodes on one of the modules died.

Do you mean you changed your LED's back to incandescents? Personally, I love my LED turn signals. They're cool as heck! I just wish it didn't give me that dam "check tail lamps" warning:rolleyes:

I'd love to led mine up on the outside but don't want to deal with the messege.

Actually, there is a 3157/3357 LED turn signal bulb on Ebay right now that has built in resistors.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180359908963?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2648

I emailed the seller and they said the resistors make it work with a 12-volt system without the fast flashing and check light warnings. I'm gonna get a set for my car and the Cobra when we get our state tax refund.

I've had the 3357 LED's in my Mark for almost 10 years. I put them in my '96 a couple of years after I got it. And when I sold it, I transferred them over to the '97.

Ordered new front struts. Also put my freshly painted trunk lock cover back in.

Exciting :rolleyes:

Actually, there is a 3157/3357 LED turn signal bulb on Ebay right now that has built in resistors.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180359908963?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2648

I emailed the seller and they said the resistors make it work with a 12-volt system without the fast flashing and check light warnings. I'm gonna get a set for my car and the Cobra when we get our state tax refund.

I've had the 3357 LED's in my Mark for almost 10 years. I put them in my '96 a couple of years after I got it. And when I sold it, I transferred them over to the '97.

interesting. i bought some of the 36 led variety. we'll see what happens.

Put in the W3Z2 yesterday and added the LSC badge as the finishing touch today..

utf-8BSU1BRzExNTEuanBn.jpg

Did moar polishing! It was done Saturday, but I took pics today. Thats a reflection in the hood of the car. And no, I don't have oddly shaped arms, thats the curve in the hood. and no again, it doesnt blind me at all. I have had it like this since october, but I got some killer stuff called Nuvite Nushine. Had to order it and its awesome.

photo 2.jpg

photo 1.jpg

photo 5.jpg

It amazes me at how incompetent some tire balancers/installers can be. Firestone, suck my left nut. Took it there 3 times and they still couldn't get it right with the GSP 9700.
Took my front 2 it into my local Chevy dealer yesterday and had them give it a shot on there 9700. Boom, done. Firestone put a full ounce to much on the drivers side and 1/2oz too much on the pass side.

I blame op error.

Never again.

Members online

No members online now.
Back