Who is more likely to articulate a written comprehensible sentence?

Who is more likely:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Im not flapping anything.

Im texting from a keyboard and this is LVC right?

You are the one making harsh comments and you made them in the LS side as well. so get off your high horse.

Thank you for articulating comprehensible written sentences; that was the original point of this entire thread.;)

You kinda emphasized my point with that?

Land Speed records with my '02 LS with a best of 140.106 in E/FCC

As to a Mark at 181.171mph

Weren't you guys saying your cars were faster :confused:

Ive never said the LS was faster...i know its not.

I said it handles better and looks more modern but i never said it was faster.

Speed isnt the only thing im worried about. I can go pick up a camaro and get it to run 12's all day for less than it would take me to get to 13's in an ls.

Id like to make it alive to my 30's unlike other guys i see around here.

You guys saying the Mark will be worth more are smoking some good $hit. I will be the first to say that neither car will be worth $hit in 10 years. Sorry but Lincolns do not hold their value well at all, unless we're talking the classics. Anybody looking for a 2 door performance Ford will buy a Mustang unless they have a thing for Lincolns. I bought my LS as my first car as I'm sure many of the Mark owners on here did. Both cars are now outdated as better technology has come along. Do I believe the LS is the end all be all of cars? No. I recognize it has flaws unlike any other car out there. Almost any car can be made to be a beast with enough money and time. I've owned 3 Mustangs and coupes have their place but I still enjoy my LS as my dd. Honestly this is like pissing in the wind. You guys enjoy your Marks, LS guys enjoy their LSes. They are different cars from different eras built for different purposes.

You're not missing much there - you lose hair in places you want it and gain hair in places you don't! :lol:

rofl-1.gif
He speaks the truth...

You guys saying the Mark will be worth more are smoking some good $hit. I will be the first to say that neither car will be worth $hit in 10 years. Sorry but Lincolns do not hold their value well at all, unless we're talking the classics.

There's the occasional exception to the rule, but on the whole, I agree.

My buddy bought a 1956 Lincoln Premiere Landau in quite good condition - he poured a lot of money into it and couldn't even get what he paid for it when he sold it. :lol:

You guys saying the Mark will be worth more are smoking some good $hit. I will be the first to say that neither car will be worth $hit in 10 years. Sorry but Lincolns do not hold their value well at all, unless we're talking the classics. Anybody looking for a 2 door performance Ford will buy a Mustang unless they have a thing for Lincolns. I bought my LS as my first car as I'm sure many of the Mark owners on here did. Both cars are now outdated as better technology has come along. Do I believe the LS is the end all be all of cars? No. I recognize it has flaws unlike any other car out there. Almost any car can be made to be a beast with enough money and time. I've owned 3 Mustangs and coupes have their place but I still enjoy my LS as my dd. Honestly this is like pissing in the wind. You guys enjoy your Marks, LS guys enjoy their LSes. They are different cars from different eras built for different purposes.

My first car was a 1974 Olds 442...my first new car was a 1990 Ford Thunderbird....my Lincoln I paid cash for when it was six years old with 29K on the odometer...still wish I had the 442 and I will never get rid of my Lincoln.

You're not missing much there - you lose hair in places you want it and gain hair in places you don't! :lol:

Sounds wonderful.

LOL....QFT.

Ive never said the LS was faster...i know its not.

I said it handles better and looks more modern but i never said it was faster.

Speed isnt the only thing im worried about. I can go pick up a camaro and get it to run 12's all day for less than it would take me to get to 13's in an ls.

Id like to make it alive to my 30's unlike other guys i see around here.
Opinions.

To me and everyone that has commented on my car in person mistake it for a current car. This is at car events that have a couple LS cars and people know the LS a 10 year old car due to its boxy (not angular) look outside and mundane early 2000's dash. 97-98 Marks have a timeless look.

As for handling, reviews on a stock LS8 show .78-.82Gs in the skidpad while Mark VIIIs show .82-.84 and while skidpad is not everything it does say which car can hold the road better for long sweeping corners.
On a 700' slalom the LS8 can manage a respectable 61.3 MPH but the Mark on the same slalom can go 63.3 so that tells me the Mark can change directions faster for short corners.

So if its faster in tight turns and faster in long turns then a LS, how exactly does the LS handle better?

LS handles better?

LS-It's no canyon carver with a lackluster 0.73 g's on the skidpad. ...

Mark VIII-still managing to pull an impressive 0.81 g at the skidpad,

OK who's Quicker?

2001 LS-.. It's reasonably fast (0-60 time of 7.2 seconds f

The 1998 Lincoln Mark VIII accelerates from 0-60 in 7.1 seconds.

These were quick picks and I tried to get the years as close as possible to keep from having some form of unfair advantage. However I am not seeing the LS superiority for some reason? LS guys like 4 door sedans and I like a 2 door luxo coupe but I ain't seein a superiority that is being spoken of :confused:

LS handles better?

LS-It's no canyon carver with a lackluster 0.73 g's on the skidpad. ...

Mark VIII-still managing to pull an impressive 0.81 g at the skidpad,

OK who's Quicker?

2001 LS-.. It's reasonably fast (0-60 time of 7.2 seconds f

The 1998 Lincoln Mark VIII accelerates from 0-60 in 7.1 seconds.

These were quick picks and I tried to get the years as close as possible to keep from having some form of unfair advantage. However I am not seeing the LS superiority for some reason? LS guys like 4 door sedans and I like a 2 door luxo coupe but I ain't seein a superiority that is being spoken of :confused:
An LS is just 7/10th's short of having a real V8.

Crap the LoserS are catching us Gen1 guys.
J/K LSrs id own one but can't afford it.

@lazer so a Thunderbird by your definition is a muscle car? @RATDOG i would vote the m5 is better than the m6 they're not exactly comparable but the best i can do at this date. also an s class black series amg would be nice, hell in Germany they make awesome wagons. rs6 avant etc...

Idk why everyone is talking smack.. I love my Lincoln for what it is.. if its slow, I still love it.. it was my first car so maybe that's why I have a chubby for it.. would I own a Mark? Of course if one came around for a good price.. would I get rid of my ls for it? No, because it was my first car and I have feelings for it.. plus the mod money I have poured into it is quite a bit..

Overall, they are both nice cars.. so everyone get your panties out of a bunch and take it easy.. they were made for different markets with different needs.. the Mark, they knew would get modded.. the ls, they tried to make it fast stock because they had no intentions of people modding them..

Opinions.

To me and everyone that has commented on my car in person mistake it for a current car. This is at car events that have a couple LS cars and people know the LS a 10 year old car due to its boxy (not angular) look outside and mundane early 2000's dash. 97-98 Marks have a timeless look.

As for handling, reviews on a stock LS8 show .78-.82Gs in the skidpad while Mark VIIIs show .82-.84 and while skidpad is not everything it does say which car can hold the road better for long sweeping corners.
On a 700' slalom the LS8 can manage a respectable 61.3 MPH but the Mark on the same slalom can go 63.3 so that tells me the Mark can change directions faster for short corners.

So if its faster in tight turns and faster in long turns then a LS, how exactly does the LS handle better?

I hate to throw a monkey wrench in your post but was the tested LS the Sport or the base model? The sport has several upgraded suspension components that would result in better results.

I hate to throw a monkey wrench in your post but was the tested LS the Sport or the base model? The sport has several upgraded suspension components that would result in better results.
Yes, in the intrest of being fair I didn't post the .73g the base LS posts. Since you brought it up though I should point out a base no option Mark (non LSC) can still corner harder then a Sport LS.

That goes for any brand.

Eh not really, I've been working since the 80's on anything from fleet vehicles to Hi Po to Ultra Ho Performance vehicles. Ford seems to have one to many engineers involved with each vehicle causing more problems?

Yes there are worse but there are also much better depending on type of vehicle :confused:

Haha,

By far the Mark has to be easier to work on then the Ls.

I do like them, The Mark VIII, that is.

don't see many around here......but looking to get one when I can stop spending money on the LS :eek:

Haha,

By far the Mark has to be easier to work on then the Ls.

I do like them, The Mark VIII, that is.

don't see many around here......but looking to get one when I can stop spending money on the LS :eek:

You just came on here saying you can't afford to keep your Mark running. Now you're saying you can't keep the LS running. Sounds to me like you need to get yourself a nice Toyota and call it good.

You just came on here saying you can't afford to keep your Mark running. Now you're saying you can't keep the LS running. Sounds to me like you need to get yourself a nice Toyota and call it good.

never said I had a Mark

read post #242

said I would LIKE to have a MarkVIII

Members online

No members online now.
Back