6spd TT Nitro LS

I've been looking at some more stuff today. Just trying to get everything sorted out before all the parts get here.

PCV System (and other vacuum lines)
The original plan was to vent the crank cases to the atmosphere, but I have decided that I want to keep the neg pressure in there. We all know that on a turbo car, there isnt anywhere to get a constant vacuum and the suction from the turbo(s) isnt the same, but pretty close. I am going to take both crank case vents and pipe them to a oil catch can mounted somewhere toward the bottom of the engine bay. I figure the bottom gives me a few benefits. The first perk is that it will be hidden and lend a clean look once the hoses are run neatly. The second perk is the ease of draining the can. I intend to mount it where I can open a valve while doing an oil change and drain it.

oilcatchcan.jpg

I think for the time being I am going to run both crank cases to the can but only tie it to the intake of one turbo. I plan on running the other vaccum lines (brake boost for example) to the second turbo.

ok so I briefly touched on the air assisted injectors and the problems they may cause.

if you look at this picture, the one the right is a standard injector and the air assisted on the left
DSCF4715.jpg

the nozzle is considerably different and they dont seat quite right.

intake mani and hole for the injector to sit in:
DSCF4719.jpg

stock air assisted in the hole:
DSCF4720.jpg

DSCF4721.jpg

standard fuel injector in the same hole:
DSCF4722.jpg

DSCF4723.jpg

if you look at the O-ring on the end of the stock injector, it may fit on the smaller diameter part of the orange on the standard. That orange ridge thing is the key I think. The smaller diameter fits in the hole and the bigger diameter doesnt fit in. If I can that O-ring on and maybe put some sort of washer behind it, the fuel rails should hold plenty of pressure on the ring to seal nicely. IDK for sure though. Its still a work in progress

Ok, so I have been swamped with other projects. But I do have some updates on this twin turbo set up. I have the fuel injectors bought, and if need be, I have a MAF that will support up to 6psi. I pretty much just need to buy a turbo or two (depends on if I can afford to stay with the twins or if money makes me do one for now) and the intercooler.

On a side note, the 150shot ive been using is going to love the new controller I bought. I have a window switch, throttle position sensor, and progressive controller all in one. The turbo thing is worth taking the time to do the right way, so Ill wait. And in the mean time, I have a bottle of whoops @$$ just waiting for the right race :)

Ill dig the snow off the LS any time you two are ready.... hell you cant even beat the 4 banger!

get your damn passport and meet me at toronto motorsports park..... its closer to buffalo than toronto LOL

No fair. I know about the G5. That would spank your LS too.

I have no doubt BOTH of you are faster than me. But I'm faster than a lot of other LSes, so I'm okay with that :D

pete you been huffing those fancy waxes? That car wont beat me. NA vs SC would be close, but the bottle is still in just to shut her up LMFAO

Lol, well see heres the thing, I HAVE to do a good burnout before I run, other wise Im Effed in the A.. Gotta go to work tho, ya'll ho's got my numba ya dig? :shifty:

Members online

No members online now.
Back