My LS' Progress

LEDs - Puddle Lights

Instead of using Alex's approach (ripping them apart), I cut through my lights by using a dremel. This separated the lens from the body in a very clean way, so I could simply glue it back together with gorilla glue. Sorry, no pics, but this is where I got the idea.

Anyway, onto the pic..

DSC_0726_s.jpg

Holy smokes they're BRIGHT! I also took a vid: :D

Youtube!

Just some updates;

First off..

Full Brake Job All-Around

Over-all easy, quick and straight forward. It was my first time doing it so I was slow, and getting those top caliper bracket bolts off the front was a pain. It was a good excuse to buy an impact gun ($69 bucks, 65% off!).

Rotors: ATE PremiumONE, bought locally.
Pads: Wagner ThermoQuiet Semi Metallic - Front MX805, Rear MX944, from RockAuto.

So far I am happy with this setup. Quiet, much better braking power than with the ceramic Crapbestos I had on before. No more chirps or groans, yay! Gonna do a proper bed-in procedure in a few days.

Sorry, no pics of the process or end results, but I will try to take some pics once the car is washed.

DSC_1169.JPG

DSC_1175.JPG

Next up I had to take care of my bad wheel bearing (rear passenger). It was getting too loud, and of course wasn't gonna end up well.

Wheel Bearing Replacement

Again, no process pics.

I couldn't get the axle nut off with my impact gun, and I don't have a proper breaker bar. After visiting 4 different places, I finally found a great shop who decided to help me out. They loosened it for me and tightened back up so I could drive home. After that, my impact worked.

2 Timken bearings (SKF made in..Spain?) purchased from RockAuto
2 Axle nuts, lower arm bolt, nuts purchased locally at the FLM dealer

I brought the knuckle to the same guy that helped me out to get the new bearing in. $50 dollars to have it pressed in.

DSC_1203.JPG

DSC_1208.JPG

DSC_1209.JPG

She is back to being quiet now, what a delight. :D :cool:

Your camera makes everything just look amazing. I love the pattern on the brake rotors and can't wait to see some fresh pictures

Those are some nice looking rotors

Thanks fellas.

The rotors are definitely low-key.

DSC_1251_s.jpg

Yep, Lamin-X is no more, I have real LSE tails now. Thanks to Tony Stark!

DSC_1543.JPG

DSC_1549.JPG

Nice I'm glad I got it right! I had to go pretty far back in this thread to find another picture of your booty though. LSE tails look great now I know it doesn't bother you yet...but in time get that surround color matched.

Well my OCD was kicking in every time I saw my tips from a rear 3/4 view - the thick part is simply too short, didn't like the look.

With my dad's help we grinded them off, pushed them in and up a tiny bit, and re-welded in our garage.

Before/After
tips_bna.jpg

DSC_1705_s.jpg

DSC_1706_s.jpg

DSC_1707-1_s.jpg

Much better :D

holy crap, 80 bucks a piece, thats waht i paid for my whole muffler.

I made my own with just straight pipe cut at an angle on one end then i polished em up, they look like the early 2000's mustang tips

Well, they are stainless and very well built.

Any photos of your setup?

M4rk, I'm very jealous of your real LSE tails. :cool:

I hate that at certain times of the day the Lamin X can be clearly seen.

Just have to say thanks for making some of us here jealous of your car here. I'm now full of ideas for the future once the creaking crackling front end.

Nice and clean. I'm thinking about getting rid of the badges too. Not sure if it would look well on a red car however.

Members online

Back