What did you do to your LS today?

^ Actually, I had already done all this work when I did my suspension overhaul and I used a lot of new hardware I got at the dealers, it's all refreshed.
you might recall I did all that frame and underneath clean up, then the hardening undercoating spray, did all the brakes also.

It's still on stands due to the cosmetic repairs, once I get those back soon, It'll come off the stands and my first trip out will be to break in the pads on the way to the shop for the front springs w/ 4 wheel alignment.

My old OEM rear end links were torn at the boots, one more than the other, it all got refreshed even the UCA's.

old.jpg

^ old crap out, UCA's not in pic.

new.jpg

^ all new UCA's, DEEZA endlinks, MOOG sway bar endlinks, Eibach installed in the rear w/ new OEM Sports shocks. Brake work not in pic.

* I did all the math on this few days back and yup, I definitely have a screw loose! Could have been in that '09 370z Nismo by now.

Anyhow, was just glad to read your DEEZA non passive steering review, I wasn't too concerned going this route, not enough race car someone on here once said.

old.jpg

new.jpg

^ looks great! Big fan of the Y spoke design.

Friggin passenger front window regulator went CR-R-A-C-C-K-K-K when I rolled the window up today. That's the third failing regulator in like 6 months so I'm going to go ahead and order the passenger rear and head it off at the pass. I guess the window regulators are like the cooling system and the coils then, when one part fails may as well do them all? At least so far I've not had a window crash to the bottom of the window channel yet.

IMG00473-20141001-1823.jpgIMG00474-20141001-1823.jpgIMG00475-20141001-1824.jpgIMG00476-20141001-1824.jpg

Received and installed the Chrome (actually Stainless) pillars for the car (Client Request).

IMG00473-20141001-1823.jpg

IMG00474-20141001-1823.jpg

IMG00475-20141001-1824.jpg

IMG00476-20141001-1824.jpg

Last edited:
Client requested chrome pillars? I cant even comment because the B.S. meter is full. Just stop dude. Stop with client B.S.....nobody is going to give you $10gs to customize a 10 year old car so they can ride in the non-existent back seat. Just stop.

and dear god stop calling it the client... call it the old family member/friend you've been asked to drive it around who agrees to pay for your gas to do so.

and dear god stop calling it the client... call it the old family member/friend you've been asked to drive it around who agrees to pay for your gas to do so.

Oh come on. Let him keep digging the hole deeper...

I know I'm going to regret this but I just can't stop myself; You need this......

$_12.JPG

$_12.JPG

I started tearing down my front suspension the other day. I put some really cheap parts in few yrs ago (sway bar links/ball joints/tie rods & of course sway bar bushings) well they all suck and fell apart.

IMG_20140928_155216638.jpg

ever since I replaced the rack, the power steering is almost non-existant at low speeds, I found a thread on here about the actuator on the rack maybe not being plugged in .. I hope so, taking out that rack again, or to think of doing the pump again makes my bones hurt.

I think the passenger side ball joint nut is stripped, think I have to torch it??

IMG_20140928_155205382.jpg

oh yeah and this happened when I hit the strut mount with a 3/8 hand wrench.... suggestions? lol

IMG_20140928_144330922_HDR.jpg

going to put in the newer sway bar and a bunch of moog parts, including hubs! who knew they do that too lol

IMG_20140928_155205382.jpg

IMG_20140928_155216638.jpg

IMG_20140928_144330922_HDR.jpg

Oh yeah I also put in a new driver regulator, but the window keeps sticking up and will eventually fall and break. I'll need to take the door panel off and check that out... thinking I'll use a small 12v battery to test the action instead of trying to keep the door panel attached while working on it...

other side

IMG_20140928_155151403.jpg

IMG_20140928_155151403.jpg

Client requested chrome pillars? I cant even comment because the B.S. meter is full. Just stop dude. Stop with client B.S.....nobody is going to give you $10gs to customize a 10 year old car so they can ride in the non-existent back seat. Just stop.

He should probably spend his 10k and get a customized wheel chair ramp built for the LS. I'd have to imagine he spends a good chunk of his 9pm-9am getting those old vets in and out of their chairs and into the backseat.

thinking I'll use a small 12v battery to test the action instead of trying to keep the door panel attached while working on it...

I wouldn't, this ain't like older cars that were just switches and straight power. everything is computer controlled, send voltage down the wrong wire and you're going to be spending a lot more replacing computers...

Finished up the suspension, getting an alignment today. The Deezas still give that obvious "kick over" feeling when you turn hard enough to engage the passive RS. Either that, or so.ething else is broken. The front UCAs give a nice, solid, bassy thud on bumps instead of a clank and a rattle.

I also installed a JVC Arsenal K95ABT (or somerhing.). I'm not impressed, but satisfied. The stock Alpine sounded pretty good, but unfortunately lacks modern technology. Now I have Bluetooth and an aux in. I also got the steering wheel adapter on sale for $35. It works nicely, but a little sluggish at times. Some commands take a few tries to process.

Speaking of which, they sent me two PAC SWI-RCs by accident. I let them know, but they told me to keep it. Any one want to buy it?

I wouldn't, this ain't like older cars that were just switches and straight power. everything is computer controlled, send voltage down the wrong wire and you're going to be spending a lot more replacing computers...

I'm talking about going direct to the motor, bypassing the computer in the door.

Finished up the suspension, getting an alignment today. The Deezas still give that obvious "kick over" feeling when you turn hard enough to engage the passive RS. Either that, or so.ething else is broken. The front UCAs give a nice, solid, bassy thud on bumps instead of a clank and a rattle.

I also installed a JVC Arsenal K95ABT (or somerhing.). I'm not impressed, but satisfied. The stock Alpine sounded pretty good, but unfortunately lacks modern technology. Now I have Bluetooth and an aux in. I also got the steering wheel adapter on sale for $35. It works nicely, but a little sluggish at times. Some commands take a few tries to process.

Speaking of which, they sent me two PAC SWI-RCs by accident. I let them know, but they told me to keep it. Any one want to buy it?

If you had any good pointers?, besides not tightening the UCA's until the car is lowered of course lol

Today I installed a new rear thermostat housing. That is where my leak was coming from. There was a crack right on the top. Install was easy but uninstall was a bitch's. I found a lot of mistakes in previous work. Part was $90.00 and I was able to reuse all gaskets. It was a pain finding the right coolant. Zerex G-05 fully formulated.

Members online

No members online now.
Back