What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Just bought the drivers side headlight housing NIB and the pass side is already on the way NIB and another HID kit 8000K is on the way already and the 6000K that I have is going to be placed in the high beam holes. 8000K in the low beam.

$122.50 for the pass side
$177.00 for the drivers side

Shipping included for both $299.50 which isn't too bad for new housings. I said I wasn't going to get involved in this car like I did with the 94 but I can't help it. I think I need to go to rehab. I have to get a chrome brow next to match and then I'll quit. I need corner lamps too...... just so everything on the front is new.

And then youll have to start on the rear.....

I'm gonna try to stay away from back there but I do need to swap out light bars from the 94 to the 95. The 95's light bar is protruding a little on the bottom and my chrome on the 94 light bar looks mint but the white trunk lock cover is staying. Jamie made that one and I haven't seen another one like it.

Fixed the screwed up mount job the guys did on my custom center part. Had to cut apart and remake the defrost switch to make it fit and work right.

I have also had bad issues with the knock sensor pulling 6* timing after 4100 rpm. Car would command 28* and then the knock sensore would pull as much as it could and there was still detonation. I pulled out 6* all together but still saw a 3* knock sensor pull around 4400 -5200 RPM but it still pulled .25* by shifting points.
I then realized I misscalculated my fuel curve and when I thought I was adding fuel from 4K up I was actually pulling fuel. :(
I just remapped it and added enough fuel for a calculated 12.49 AFR after 4K and about 12.7 from 2800-3900 all under WOT runs. That doesnt meen thats what it will run but since I did have it set for 13.0 from 4K on I bet that was my detonation issue.

Will data log tomorrow and see if it worked. :)

Fixed the screwed up mount job the guys did on my custom center part. Had to cut apart and remake the defrost switch to make it fit and work right.

I have also had bad issues with the knock sensor pulling 6* timing after 4100 rpm. Car would command 28* and then the knock sensore would pull as much as it could and there was still detonation. I pulled out 6* all together but still saw a 3* knock sensor pull around 4400 -5200 RPM but it still pulled .25* by shifting points.
I then realized I misscalculated my fuel curve and when I thought I was adding fuel from 4K up I was actually pulling fuel. :(
I just remapped it and added enough fuel for a calculated 12.49 AFR after 4K and about 12.7 from 2800-3900 all under WOT runs. That doesnt meen thats what it will run but since I did have it set for 13.0 from 4K on I bet that was my detonation issue.

Will data log tomorrow and see if it worked. :)

Laser, you just confused the :q:q:q:q out of me.

I thought you said that the sensor was turning itself off because of the tune

lol they did mine in my 93 when i took it in for the allignment, he said 93? i said yes, he laughed and said good the tech has something to do now, funny thing is, the cruise cable is off the throttle body because the car has a problem with the abs anyway! oh well, i didnt pay for it. finally got the bastard back home, man what a week wit the god dam car!

Haven't started yet, still getting my caffine fix, but today is detail day, inside and out. Also going to install my poly differential bushings.

Made a list of all the parts I still need..... then cried a little. :(

Just installed new Raybestos Sway bar end links.......NO MORE CLUNKING!!!!!! WOOOOOOHOOOOOO Im not in too big of a hurry to do the lower control arms and strut rod bushings now. The strut rod bushings look fine and the lower control arms are in good shape. I have them already but now ill wait intill this semester ends to do them. Summer break is going to be fun!!! I might even drive it for the first time in a month now!!!

93 Marks are the only bitch car the dealer hates to see come in for a cruise recall. Maybe some early 94's but not many. The rest only take them 10 min or less to fix.

Not true my 95 to over an hour for them to do it. First took them my 93 ... a few weeks later took my 95. After sitting for an hour I walked back and asked what's taking so long.

Reply ... Our computers are down and we can't find it. I told them it was on the pass side behind the shroud. They told me it wasn't that it had to be near the master cylinder. I told them nope ... finally after about 10 more min. They actually looked and I'll be dog gone ... there it was.

When I brought my 94 in they asked me if I knew were it was located on my 94. They listened....

Today I tried to find which of my idler pulleys was squealing on my 94 ... should have picked up 2 on Sat so as I could not tell and both seemed to be in good shape.

Drove my 94 for the first time this season yesterday ... damn I love that car.

Got my drivers side air bag changed out to a REAL all black one.
Before
IMG_0910.gif

After (not cleaned yet)
IMG_0913.gif

datalog
tweak
datalog
punch it
repeat
Yeah I did that untill I was sick. Dont know how many runs I did. Never got rid of the knock sensor pulling timing even on a box stock OEM tune. Even fattened it up and pulled timing untill the car was a dog and still got the timing pull above 4K. So I eaither have a bad knock sensor or its just hearing worn adjusters or tensioners.
Gave up and turned the knock sensor off after 4K. Be nice when I have a wideband to confirm my theroy.

We can all cheer...we DIDNT do what rippedcamel did :) I kept my car alive today, added 10 gallons of 93oct and took her for a spin

Wow you put your Mark that close to Salt...ick

today I had the X-pipe and new tips welded on...sounds MUCH nicer than straight pipes..pics will be on my progress thread

Never got rid of the knock sensor pulling timing even on a box stock OEM tune.

Mine was pulling 1.75 at 2200 and would get up to 5 before the KS signed off.
So I pulled 1 at 2200 and 2 at 4K and up..

now my KS datalog has no "down/negative" dips... they are all positive.

Members online

No members online now.
Back