What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

washed the 97's motor looking for the oil leak. also need the coolant sensor in the crossover tube. anyone know where to get it?

Told my rearview to go f itself. I removed the actual mirror/circuit board but left everything else intact. Going to hit up the jy to see if theres any plain jane(Lightweight) mirrors there. If not I'll just make a pretty insert.

Then fine tuned both the amp and source unit. I've left it @ 1/4 power since it broke my windsheild last spring (Different substage). Just got fed up and figured that the 2lb mirror assembly hanging off the end had to go. Certaintly lessens the stress @ the mount.

All I have to say is that I'm shocked at how loud it is now compared to what it was before it broke. Never thought it had this much potential. Now its just a waiting game till it breaks something else. :rolleyes:

Changed oil. Took for a spin. She still goes sideways from 1st to 2nd gear. I love this car. Back on the road after a 14 month hiatus.

I bought a new 5-channel Polk Audio 900 watt amp so that I can get the two Kicker amps out of their current location, which is right in front of my sub box. Another reason was because I needed an upgraded amp anyway and one channel FR, was acting funny. Should have all of it cleared up next week.

Polk Audio PA D5000.5 900W RMS, 5-Channel Class D PA Series Car Amplifier (PAD5000.5)

Question: I know there are differences between 93/94 and 95/96, but I'm wondering if I need a 95 wiring diagram for my 95 or can I use a 94 book? Does anyone have a 95 book or cd?

I bought a new 5-channel Polk Audio 900 watt amp so that I can get the two Kicker amps out of their current location, which is right in front of my sub box. Another reason was because I needed an upgraded amp anyway and one channel FR, was acting funny. Should have all of it cleared up next week.

Polk Audio PA D5000.5 900W RMS, 5-Channel Class D PA Series Car Amplifier (PAD5000.5)

They really simplify everything while still providing adequate amplification. I've always wanted to run one, but I require more than 4-500rms from my substage. Let me know how that works out for you :)

Polished up a set of gen 1 LSC headlights I scored at a junkyard.
If anyone is interested in buying, make me an offer. SOLD

IMG_1733.jpg

IMG_1735.jpg

IMG_1738.jpg

IMG_1743.jpg

Last edited:
They really simplify everything while still providing adequate amplification. I've always wanted to run one, but I require more than 4-500rms from my substage. Let me know how that works out for you :)

I sure will. Maybe this won't take me as long as it did to unbox the exhaust piping that I got over a month ago. I took some pics of that stuff. Not sure yet when I'm going to go get it put on but it will be soon.

Just opened it for the first time today lol.

2013-03-02190401_zpsbb326c22.gif

I kinda put it together.

2013-03-02191310_zps26a99ae6.gif

The hardware they provided. Doubt I'll use it but the exhaust shop might.

2013-03-02191656_zps4caf4ee9.gif

^ You are missing a lot of pipe or you have it assembled wrong.

Nice setup though. Should be drone free with a deep growl but not overly loud. I likey.

NM, the X-resonator goes on the other side of those pipes. Always wished that kit would come with enough extra pipe to come directly off the cats instead of having to use the factory small crimped pipes to the resonator. Even if a shop makes the two small pipes chances are almost certain it will be a press bend.

NM, the X-resonator goes on the other side of those pipes. Always wished that kit would come with enough extra pipe to come directly off the cats instead of having to use the factory small crimped pipes to the resonator. Even if a shop makes the two small pipes chances are almost certain it will be a press bend.

This is where this comes into play. Yes, more to buy but it should take me all the way to the cats. I need to see if they'll knock off the price and keep the X for themselves. I don't need it. I'm hoping this will complete it. :confused:

[url]http://www.mandrelexhaustsystems.com/servlet/the-317/89-dsh-98-FORD-fdsh-LINCOLN-fdsh-MERCURY-RETROFIT-X-dsh-PIPE/Detail[/URL]

trubendz_tbird_partial_xres_pic.jpg

trubendz_tbird_partial_xpipe_pic.jpg

Congrats on post 6,666. :shifty:

Not Mark VIII related but I finally got the last of the power windows fixed on the Exploder yesterday. The passenger side rear door was all I had left. Put those 3 little bushings in the motor and good as new. Beats the heck outta getting a new motor. It's nice to have 4 working power windows now.

Members online

No members online now.
Back