What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

IMG_20140321_130035457.jpg

IMG_20140321_125827290.jpg

Rear was rubbing a bit on hard bumps, and since the wonderful city of Waco is founded on nothing but hard bumps, had to lift it some. Found my spare set of spring pucks, drilled a hole for the stud to fit in, wrapped some tape around for sound deadening, done

Gonna have to figure something else out too, my pucks are too small for these springs, so the puck gets squeezed down inside the spring. Might get clever with some sheet metal I have around here and make a shim collar

not today specifically, but the past few days are running together on me...

on the 96, it got hub swapped, with the terminator wheels and brakes, front and rear. it rides on tokico springs with tokico blue shocks in the front and bilstein shocks in the rear. this car drives awesome, firm and controlled without being harsh. i have also fixed the sunroof, door handles, cleaned the interior, added LSC headlights back in, and driven it a whole bunch. 1000 miles the last week alone.

on the 93, less exciting. it went back to stock wheels and brakes, and i put a new ABS controller in it. still on air, and stock ride height is, well, wow.. lol.

on a slightly unrelated note, as my cars are as complete as current funding allows, tear down of the 89 SHO has begun. its getting a new clutch, newer trans, the "gen 3 subframe upgrade", and coil overs. so be a nice project for this week.

13345861844_736a38fcb2_b.jpg

2014-03-22 18.07.07 by chris2523, on Flickr

13345432815_81d4069ded_b.jpg

2014-03-22 19.05.46 by chris2523, on Flickr

Cleaned up the rims some more and put chrome sleeves over the valve stems with chrome caps

351zptf.jpg

Got some more rainx wipes on the windshield.

I also tried my hand at tinting the windows with film tint. First try was terrible, creases and not enough water, or rather the mixture with dish washing detergent that I was using. Not even going to show the pictures haha. Second try didn't come out all that bad, a definite improvement. Got some j&j baby shampoo and I will try again tomorrow

not today specifically, but the past few days are running together on me...

on the 96, it got hub swapped, with the terminator wheels and brakes, front and rear. it rides on tokico springs with tokico blue shocks in the front and bilstein shocks in the rear. this car drives awesome, firm and controlled without being harsh. i have also fixed the sunroof, door handles, cleaned the interior, added LSC headlights back in, and driven it a whole bunch. 1000 miles the last week alone.

on the 93, less exciting. it went back to stock wheels and brakes, and i put a new ABS controller in it. still on air, and stock ride height is, well, wow.. lol.

on a slightly unrelated note, as my cars are as complete as current funding allows, tear down of the 89 SHO has begun. its getting a new clutch, newer trans, the "gen 3 subframe upgrade", and coil overs. so be a nice project for this week.

13345861844_736a38fcb2_b.jpg

2014-03-22 18.07.07 by chris2523, on Flickr

13345432815_81d4069ded_b.jpg

2014-03-22 19.05.46 by chris2523, on Flickr

Murder out the chrome on the LSC bumper (white out).... Dooooo eeeeet

replaced the rear swaybar, still trying to figure out radio problem unit doesnt powerup except for lights at night. but works fine in other mark8's so not a radio problem?

Helped a new MK owner with a few items. Took the rear reflector/light off the 95. Looking at adding led bk lts, so it'll be more like gen 2's when you hit the brakes. Brain got tired, had to quit. Think I'll glue and seal some headlights today. Started the ticking 98, and for about 2-3 min no tick,tick,tick. Then it came back. Better than it was, maybe just needs more time and love.

I wouldn't think too long. He who hesitates is lost!

If I had a buyer lined up for mine I would, just don't have the room for another car at this time. But even though it's in awesome shape for the mileage it would have to be priced low and to me it wouldn't be worth giving up for <3k.

I drove mine for the first time today! Just got delivered today. It's got a few bugs to work out, but over all I'm happy. This is my first Mark. 1997 LSC, 36,000 miles.

2014-03-23161457_zpsea26f1a7.gif

2014-03-23161447_zpsa7f41479.gif

tried the selftest for the climate control. how do i uderstand the results? i tried search but couldnt find a link?

Fighting with myself about that damn crown vic. I know darn well if I go look at it and it's as advertised i'd buy it and have to give up the mark. Half the miles and newer at a great price. I keep clicking on the link hoping that he took it off cl.

And.....my door handle is indeed broken. Fuuuuu

I drove mine for the first time today! Just got delivered today. It's got a few bugs to work out, but over all I'm happy. This is my first Mark. 1997 LSC, 36,000 miles.

2014-03-23161457_zpsea26f1a7.gif

2014-03-23161447_zpsa7f41479.gif

Like, all the wheels are on backwards

Fighting with myself about that damn crown vic. I know darn well if I go look at it and it's as advertised i'd buy it and have to give up the mark. Half the miles and newer at a great price. I keep clicking on the link hoping that he took it off cl.

And.....my door handle is indeed broken. Fuuuuu

That does look like a good deal. I'd be surprised if it was still available. Besides wouldn't want for you to have to give up the Mark...

Let me know if you need a door handle. I don't have any your color, but I've heard there's a Duplicolor color that's pretty close.

That does look like a good deal. I'd be surprised if it was still available. Besides wouldn't want for you to have to give up the Mark...

Let me know if you need a door handle. I don't have any your color, but I've heard there's a Duplicolor color that's pretty close.

Yeah, if I can get a hold of him I may just go look at it after work.

Looks like I found some conties, thanks though.

Got those OEM Ford original gray Collectors Edition floor mats in. My dad really was happy I got them for his mark.

floormats.jpg

http://postimage.org/
frontmat.jpg

http://postimage.org/

Good find on those mats, rarer than the Gen1 LSC lights

Remove the driver seat, and remove that side panel carefully. Between the Fw/Bckwrd button and the front screw there should be a plastic push pin, the mount for that pin is usually busted and the pin won't stay. I drilled small hole in mine and used a long zip-tie from it to the Black Frame for the lower cusion. Snug it up tight and looks great :)

IMG_20140324_142729477.jpg

Thanks! There's 3 more of those, also if you look you'll find a tan pair CE on ebay as well. I posted the link in the parts section.

If you look in my second picture I have the same issue, front front plastic pin is busted, and I also used a zip-tie to get it snug. But I zip-tied it to the thicker pipe/rod directly behind it and the zip tie has since slipped off. Back on the to-do list. I think I'll post a picture guide.

Looks like a nice tight fit you did there!

Thanks! There's 3 more of those, also if you look you'll find a tan pair CE on ebay as well. I posted the link in the parts section.

If you look in my second picture I have the same issue, front front plastic pin is busted, and I also used a zip-tie to get it snug. But I zip-tied it to the thicker pipe/rod directly behind it and the zip tie has since slipped off. Back on the to-do list. I think I'll post a picture guide.

Looks like a nice tight fit you did there!

My front and side mounts were all sorts of cracked when I first bought it. I used permatex abs/plastic epoxy, it's held for 7 years. If the plastic pieces are still attached through the screw for the front mount you can put it back together. For the side one you can position the plastic push pin where it needs to go and smother the mount/base of pin with epoxy. Just follow the directions, iirc it just involves a little sanding of the peices you're trying to put back together. You won't have to remove the seat for this method.

My front screw mount was busted off but still there, I fiberglassed it back on and laid glass all around the inside of the front to brace it better

Members online

Back