My LS' Progress

Step 7 - iPod Interface

As per my email with PIE, I was told to purchase the FRDN/PC-POD2 adapter to use with my 2003 Stereo (black with red connectors).

...Our interface replaces the 6 disc "external" CD changer.

Anyway, please confirm the number of pins on the connectors behind the radio
as we have seen 2003 model LSs with different radio connectors. If it has a
20 pin (black with red) connector, use the FRDN/PC-POD2. If it has the 16
and 24 pin connectors (gray and red) connectors, use the FRD03/PC-POD2

This is the back of my stereo:

DSC_0437_s.jpg

I confirm that the interface WORKS. The iPod charges, playback turns off together with the stereo, and both stereo & radio controls work without any issues. :cool:

DSC_0452_s.jpg

There seems to be a fair deal of unclear information on here in regards to AUX iPod connections on the 2003s w/ in-dash 6-CD changers that lack a SAT button, so this should clear things up.

^ That is quite helpful and I've been looking into this for a few weeks now and still can't figure out which one I need. I'm not looking for the ipod adapter. I want the aux/rca input version (red and white) so I can run a cord and hook up my phone via the headphone jack. Everything seems to say for "2004-2006 Lincoln LS" or "will only work with cd/aux button"

I was looking at this (http://www.logjamelectronics.com/piefrdnaux.html) and it seems to work although it says

"NOT compatible with 2003-2005 vehicles equipped with the 6-Disc in-dash headunit that are NOT equipped with external CD changer capabilities. This means that if you have a 6-disc in-dash CD changer and your factory radio can have another externally mounted (not in the dash) CD changer installed and be able to control both CD changer devices, this device will work with your vehicle. "

Then I was looking at this one although it only says for 2004-2006 LS...
http://www.logjamelectronics.com/piefrd03aux.html

Thoughts?

Thoughts?

First of all, what year is your LS? Does it have a SAT button beside CD?

I would pull your headunit out (requires the removal of 1. vents; 2. silver plastic cover around the shifter; 3. ash tray/lighter/12v assy) and check the connections at the back.

To get the best answer, I would email PIE with all of the above details.

I'm doing this also, doing my bushing install 1st this weekend. How much did it run you with shipping( COD charges) ? Suspension parts only.

I'm doing this also, doing my bushing install 1st this weekend. How much did it run you with shipping( COD charges) ? Suspension parts only.

$194 CAD total: That's after tax, shipping and pre-charged duties. The driver didn't want a cent. RockAuto really rocks.

Also, I just realized my front suspension no longer creaks. :D

Just about to put my order in Deeza has them for like 20 bucks? Worth the try or go with Moog? I know a lot of ppl here trust Moog parts just wondering.

Imma go with moog lol

Debadging

I had some nasty paint chips around the rear writing, so I finally got around to repair them.

DSC_0455_s.jpg

DSC_0472_s.jpg

DSC_0480_s.jpg

Coming along nicely!

Any other plans in the pipeline? Maybe a painted rear surround?

Coming along nicely!

Any other plans in the pipeline? Maybe a painted rear surround?

Thanks man :D

I'm going to keep the surround chrome - I like it better that way, plus I really can't be bothered to paint it.

I will get some LED fog bulbs, and that's it.

Looks clean. I think I like the badges on the ls though. But it does look clean.

Good job on the paint, but I am with Alax... the badges on the LS look nice. I may paint them.

Also the led fogs are sexy, they match my angel eyes nicely.

It's just the photo. The dealership sticker came off on day 1 :p

hey nice ls by the way what wood kit is that looks really good..thinking about putting a kit in mine too but dont know how it would look but yours came out nice

super clean LS my friend, simple mods but they make your car look so fresh
are you ever in toronto?

Step 8 - 6000K LED Fogs

Got these from V-LEDS instead of an LSE grille, as my last mod. They look more blue than they really are.

DSC_0475_s.jpg

I will take some night pics soon.

Are those the ones that andrizzle has? His match the angel eyes good. The rings are a 6k color.

how much did you spend on the fogs? im looking for a set of bulbs but they all seem to be 50 bucks and up for the led ones that i want

Members online

Back