new owner / 2000 ls

The first time I did it I just got the "outlet" from Radio Shack and drilled the hole in the stock piece. I mucked it up a little so bought the panel from the dealer. IIRC, it was something like $50.

you know, thats not a bad idea. i have a full set of hole saws, so i may stop
by radio shack ( cough cough ) and see what they have.

thanks for the idea!

On the rear end links, you can put some cheaper DEEZA links in, they aren't passive steering but it's not enough race car to notice the difference, I put the DEEZA's in and it rides just fine.

I've recently noticed the difference... and I think I miss that weird feeling when the bushing collapses in the turn and you start turning as if you had a suddenly-shorter wheelbase. Kinda like VTEC kicking in, but for turning.

... Yeah that rear charger is pretty useful....

I actually only use the rear port. The front one tends to not hold chargers in far enough to maintain contact and I'd rather have it all closed up front. It just looks nicer. I don't usually have rear passengers.

I do plan on adding USB ports here and there to skip the cigarette lighter altogether. I have two 2-port adapters that you just wire in. I figure one in the passenger glovebox, one in the arm rest glovebox, one in each seatback map pocket. I'll probably buy another later and put two in the trunk to charge things out of sight.

okay, so we got the car up on the lift this afternoon to give it a good once
over. wow. so... um.... i understand this is a 14 year old car, but for
crying out loud, the bushes / ball joints DO NOT last on these cars lol

i'll post some pics of the pure fackary tomorrow, but below is a pic of one of
the end links, just to provide context to what we found. so, today, we
replaced the end links, front and back, and front outter tie rod ends. next
wknd will be upper control arms, hubs, steering knuckle, and all associated
ball joints as i bought units that already had the ball joints pressed in - as
well as the rear toe link rods, and a new set of shocks. this thing wil be riding
like new within the next few weeks.

Do you by chance hit "enter' at the end of each line you type?

yes, i do. i hate typing all the way out to the end of the
space.

makes it neater.

No, it makes it not format correctly on different screen sizes, such as wide screen monitors, or narrow screen phones. It might be "neater" on the screen you are typing on, but it is annoying on mine.

OMG, you'd think this world had bigger problems, seriously!

OMG, you'd think this world had bigger problems, seriously!

If you are going to take that route, you have to admit that LS problems are truly minor compared to most of the world's problems. Perhaps we shouldn't waste time and effort talking about those either.
Let's switch this thread to something useful.

Global warming: Real or not?
Man made or not?
What (if anything) do we do about it?

France is under lock down and you find it annoying that someone prefers line breaks, come on now!

France is under lock down and you find it annoying that someone prefers line breaks, come on now!

France is under lock down and you find it annoying that I find it annoying that someone prefers hard breaks to auto formatting...
Come on now, get off this forum and get glued to the news about France. Do something that counts. Otherwise, I find your complaints about my complaints unconvincing.

Who gives a F about France?! This is an LS forum, keep it car related...

Who gives a F about France?! This is an LS forum, keep it car related...

Hey, I've been to France. They have cars there.

Anyway, I agree. I was just suggesting that the forum might be easier to read if posts were formatted reasonably. Also, I've never bought into the argument that you shouldn't be concerned about issue X because much bigger issue Y exists somewhere.

Now, back to the scheduled program...

Hey, I've been to France. They have cars there.

Anyway, I agree. I was just suggesting that the forum might be easier to read if posts were formatted reasonably. Also, I've never bought into the argument that you shouldn't be concerned about issue X because much bigger issue Y exists somewhere.

Now, back to the scheduled program...

Not saying I disagree, but it seems all too often that we all have nothing to talk about so arguments start. Without forum moderation it's even harder to filter. I just wish everyone would keep their posts about the car, or something remotely related. If you want to talk about non-car related topics, there are threads for that.

Elephant, what are your upcoming project plans with the LS? Any thoughts on what you're going to do with the exhaust?

it is funny, that - that's not the 1st time i've been asked about it. never thought about the
formatting, just assumed that it looked like it did when i'm sitting here looking at my screen.

will promise to try and stretch it out a bit more for ya ;)

future plans for the exhaust will be to take it up to m2k shop and have a custom set of headers
done along with a full 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust fabbed up.

yes, going to run a set of spintech superpro street 9000 box mufflers as close to the
high flow cats as i can get to keep the drone to an absolute minimun. it will sound
absolute terrific. going with the tried and true kooks green cats on this car.

super%20pro%20streets%202web.jpg

GREEN_REVOLUTION_PR_2_35.jpg

Elephant, I've never heard of those or seen them but my initial thoughts are, where do the O2 sensors go? It seems like a round tube with no place for O2 sensors? Are you planning on just foregoing the sensors and dealing with the CEL? Or are you planning on keeping the OEM cats and installing these as well?

will replace the entire exhaust manifold with long tubes, the green cats, then the
mufflers. will tune out the rear cats, and the upstream cats will go in the collector
of the header.

just checked my tracking #'s and the part i thought was delivering monday, will
make it tomorrow ( upper shock mount plates ), so will be able to get all of the
suspension work done this wknd.

just checked my tracking #'s and the part i thought was delivering monday, will
make it tomorrow ( upper shock mount plates ), so will be able to get all of the
suspension work done this wknd.

What's your purchased brand on the steering knuckles?

Members online

No members online now.
Back